Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed the ear as many others have.

Not certain if this was brought up, but to me his lower back looks concave. Is that common in younger males. His lower back is the thing that stood out the most to me.

JMO
Funnily enough the back and the haircut got my attention. I swear I have seen that hairdo (or very very similar) on a posture related subreddit within the last year at most, I'm sure it was about the shoulders or ribs. Of course I left the sub after finding out my postures not my problem and now I can't find which one it was. Spent all day today looking, it's driving me nuts. I shall keep looking...

Is it possible that suspects dna was in codis prior to the cali/march incident & the burglary assault happened at a different location. Just baffled by suspects casual exit. Jmo
Not likely. It would either need to be:
A: Associated with another crime..They didn't say that his DNA was also at other crime scene.
B: From a known offender....Then we would know who it was

Wondering if "proceeding with their investigation" means there is re-newed interest in the case. In other words, LAPD is now paying attention, because of Rachel's death and the DNA match.

In several LAPD handled cases I've followed, they were silent and apathetic - MOO.
So disturbing and sad.

Recalling that LE in Memphis Tennessee didn’t fully investigate the assault of AF by Cleo Henderson. Had they done so, the murder of Eliza Fletcher might have been prevented.

Here we are again.

Just thinking like the suspect, I imagine he has fled the area, just like he fled CA. Change his hair, grow some facial hair, maybe get a couple of tattoos to change body identifiers. I wish there was a better camera angle on him to actually see his face.

I agree with the other poster, I suspect he cut his hand breaking in through what ever his entry point was and wrapped his shirt around it.

All IMOO.

I have an app which is basically a neighborhood snooping/gossip tool. All that stuff shows up on mine. I don't live in LA or even CA, but everyone on that app talks about everything....MOO

The app is well known, but I don't want to mention the name because I've never seen it referenced on WS, so I will leave it at that.
We have a similar app in the UK, it's good to be up to date of crimes in the neighborhood.

Funnily enough the back and the haircut got my attention. I swear I have seen that hairdo (or very very similar) on a posture related subreddit within the last year at most, I'm sure it was about the shoulders or ribs. Of course I left the sub after finding out my postures not my problem and now I can't find which one it was. Spent all day today looking, it's driving me nuts. I shall keep looking...
So annoying when you can't find what you are looking for! Did you see a photograph of the back of a guy on there?

It's commonly known as the Edgar haircut. It's known among "troublemakers". By troublemaker, I mean seem someone who may get in trouble at school, but not necessarily someone who is a hardcore law breaker. Hubby would say, "Everyone with that haircut is a pain. I'm always having to call their parents".

It's also sported by gang members, but just because someone has that cut doesn't mean they are a gang member.

It's popular among Latino males and it's turned into a meme.
It's kinda like "sagging pants"

I was surprised to see it on a cross country criminal as most of the haircuts are sported by local homeboys. It's more common among lower income youth.

Last edited:
Not likely. It would either need to be:
A: Associated with another crime..They didn't say that his DNA was also at other crime scene.
B: From a known offender....Then we would know who it was

There was a case here few years back, image of a young boy, put out like he was the victim. Turned out he was the suspect abusing a young girl, (child) by releasing his image he was arrested and the child was protected.

Just something is off to me of suspect existing home.

Jmo

There was a case here few years back, image of a young boy, put out like he was the victim. Turned out he was the suspect abusing a young girl, (child) by releasing his image he was arrested and the child was protected.

Just something is off to me of suspect existing home.

Jmo
When I look at that video of the suspect leaving the house, it looks to me like a boy sneaking out after sneaking in to see a girl. It reminds me of just that.. young man rushing to get shirt and just carrying shoes and being ushered out quickly before someone sees/hears.

We have the police saying this was a home invasion/assault. All I can come up with is they want to protect the victim by not releasing it was an under age girl who this "man" victimized and due to her being under age she can't give consent to enter and therefore it's considered a crime because of what he did when he entered without permission from an adult.

The important part of the video is the image of the man, not what he was doing, but we are all getting hung up on what he was doing and what it looked like. I just think most likely the police are trying to protect the victim.

What is most disturbing to me is he did what he did in March and in just 5 months that has escalated to what he did to Rachel. He has to be caught and likely that is why police released that video with not much to say about it and hopefully someone recognizes that person and calls it in.

When I look at that video of the suspect leaving the house, it looks to me like a boy sneaking out after sneaking in to see a girl. It reminds me of just that.. young man rushing to get shirt and just carrying shoes and being ushered out quickly before someone sees/hears.

We have the police saying this was a home invasion/assault. All I can come up with is they want to protect the victim by not releasing it was an under age girl who this "man" victimized and due to her being under age she can't give consent to enter and therefore it's considered a crime because of what he did when he entered without permission from an adult.

The important part of the video is the image of the man, not what he was doing, but we are all getting hung up on what he was doing and what it looked like. I just think most likely the police are trying to protect the victim.

What is most disturbing to me is he did what he did in March and in just 5 months that has escalated to what he did to Rachel. He has to be caught and likely that is why police released that video with not much to say about it and hopefully someone recognizes that person and calls it in.
Exactly...
I see this alot. Esp with Amber Alerts.
Once it's over and the victim is found safe, no more info is released.

[BBM] I agree that the important part is the image. On the second part, I think people are getting hung up on the behavior because it lends itself to the hope that this victim may actually be able to identify this person. And if that is the case I hope the identification is made now that it is known that the person is actually the lead suspect in a very brutal homicide.

jmo

[snipped by me]

I'm wondering what he did in-between actually.

jmo

Perhaps whoever let him out was doing whatever they could to get him out or comply with whatever he said/demanded whilst inside the house. It wouldn’t be the first time a victim/s has humanised a person in order to stay alive. It’s hard to figure it out without knowing all what happened imo.
I agree. He’s backing out towards the door, and appears to be saying something- could very well be giving his victim instructions ….. shut the door like nothings wrong, don’t call the police etc. A terrified victim (WHO IS A CHILD) is going to do whatever to get the scum out of the house. If there were ever any doubt, that should be erased now after the second (that we know of) incident.

Haircuts cost money and require upkeep. Someone knows this loser.

I imagine police are showing his picture at gyms and hair salons to see if they recognize him. I don't think his gold necklace is much help, other than showing his personal expenditures to look nice. His narcissism seems to be on full display.

AUG 19, 2023
[...]

Attorney Joe Murtha, who is representing the Morin family, made comments on their behalf.

"The walk is really to remember not the end of her but her life and the fact that this place was an area where she gained strength, joy, solitude and often times serenity," Murtha said.

[...]

"The one thing that they've asked me to really focus on is saying thank you," Murtha said. "Thank you for being here, thank you for showing your support, and most importantly, as this investigation goes forward, and it spreads out throughout the entire United States, we're hoping that some person who has the humanity will assist and bring an end to this."

[...]

A designated email address for tips was created by the sheriff's office. To provide information to their department, contact: RMTIPS@HARFORDSHERIFF.ORG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allihounds