Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AUG 22, 2023
A $2,000 reward is being offered for information that leads to an arrest of Rachel Morin's killer.

Metro Crime Stoppers are asking for any tips or leads that would direct police to the suspect.

[...]

Metro Crime Stoppers offers $2,000 reward in Rachel Morin murder in Harford County
$2,000? Wow, they are really serious about wanting to catch this brutal killer. They may need to hire someone just to man the tip line, with the many calls that reward will generate.

I have seen bigger rewards offered for lost pets. This is very discouraging. JMO

Last edited:
Curious, when Crime Stoppers offers a reward for info, where does that money come from and what criteria go into determining the amount of the reward? 2 grand does seem pathetically low for a murder case, but I'd like to know more about the process, and it's something I've never really looked into. Does anyone know how that works?

Curious, when Crime Stoppers offers a reward for info, where does that money come from and what criteria go into determining the amount of the reward? 2 grand does seem pathetically low for a murder case, but I'd like to know more about the process, and it's something I've never really looked into. Does anyone know how that works?
This is the Crime Stoppers Chapter that covers Bel Air. All of them offer different reward amounts based on budgets, fund raising etc. Many rewards are then boosted by separate donations from family, friends, anonymous donors, G.F.M type fund raisers.

Last edited:
This is the Crime Stoppers Chapter that covers Bel Air. All of them offer different reward amounts based on budgets, fund raising etc. Many rewards are then boosted by separate donations from family, friends, anony donors, type fund raisers.

Looks like $2000 is the maximin reward they offer.

How does it work?

MCS encourages individuals to provide information which will result in the resolution of unsolved felony crimes. By calling the MCS 24-Hour toll free Hotline, 1-866-7LOCKUP, callers furnishing information about a crime or the location of a wanted felon may receive a cash reward of up to $2,000.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed> I see a lot of posters here trying to imagine some type of employment for this suspect, one that would explain his travel from one coast to the other. Many have suggested that his haircut looks military.

To me, he does not look military at all. This is a guy that is all about his looks, probably works out regularly, whether at a gym, or on equipment at his or a friend's house. As to a "job", I don't think he does a 40-hour shift. I think this guy's "job" is likely theft and selling stolen goods and/or drugs. He is known to have committed at least one "hot burglary", but what are the odds that he was unlucky enough to get caught on camera on his first attempt. I envision other home and business break-ins, and auto break-ins and thefts may well be in his resume, when he is eventually identified. As to getting from south LA to Maryland, he may have friends or family in either or both locations, and probably owns a car that is a few years old, that he or friends have the ability to tinker on, that keep it running well. His car is probably an extension of him, looks good and gets noticed. This guy doesn't strike me as the kind to hop on a Greyhound or train to go cross-country. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe he’s a carnie?
When someone mentioned the fair, I considered that possibility, but I checked, and a company called Deggeller Attractions, based in Florida, was contracted to operate the Midway, and they only do fairs up and down the east coast, so if he worked the county fair at all, he would have been most likely hired as a local employee, and not a permanent employee that had been in California doing a fair with that company. IF he was hired as a local employee for the county fair, surely someone would have seen the story of the murder, and we would know his identity by now. JMO

To me the reward is rather insulting. I read that the reward for the guy in Raleigh NC that burned the Trump signs in someone's yard is $11,000. and someone figured out who he is based on his Strava app tracking his routes, so they'll collect it. This makes me sad and mad for Rachel and her family.

Last edited:
To me the reward is rather insulting. I read that the reward for the guy in Raleigh NC that burned the Trump signs in someone's yard is $11,000. and someone figured out who did he is based on his Strava app tracking his routes, so they'll collect it. This makes me sad and mad for Rachel and her family.

From what I read Crime Stoppers only offers up to a maximum of $2000.

As to a "job", I don't think he does a 40-hour shift. I think this guy's "job" is likely theft and selling stolen goods and/or drugs.
I think he may fantasize about going criminal full time in regards to his employment, but....

He seems to have some kind of work ID attached to his right pocket (at first glance it may seem to be cigarette in his hand).

The possible ID could be usually worn on a shirt pocket, or worn at the waist and be on some kind of "extenda string" for entering locked doors or showing to security guards.

As a side note, wearing this type of ID can become habitual to the point where somebody forgets they have it on.

That reward might be the inaugural reward to kickstart publicity and encourage local and big business to add on.

It's never commiserate with the cost of the crime or the value of the victim but it does often serve to generate publicity which IMO is a good thing. More publicity means more eyes.

Hoping the reward serves its purpose and tips roll in, from far and wide.

JMO

Observations, please correct me if I'm wrong.

No visible tattoos, hair cut looks to be 'high and tight' as my son calls it.
Military?
Possibly- though tattoos are common in the military. That aside, military grooming is, as you stated, clean cut.

I would like to add another clean cut employer besides the military..... airlines. To my knowledge, even "behind the scenes" air line employees have a clean cut, military look about them.

Last edited:
He may or may not be an everyday gym rat, but he definitely appears fit to me, and probably takes some pride in his body. JMO
I think this is a good observation, fit- but not a gym rat.

To me he looks "thick"- but not in the chunky sense of the word. Rather, as you state, he looks muscular, but his muscles are not the defined or exaggerated look of a gym rat.

Some people who work physically active jobs develop a "thick" physique. Their daily work gives them, well.... a work out, but their physique is more "thick / ropy" than "cut".

Perhaps construction, warehouse, mechanic, mover, baggage handler? In regards to these possibilities, mover, construction or baggage handler could explain his presence on both coasts in short succession.

In the internet age, construction bids and workers can come from anywhere. Likewise, baggage handlers have access to free, or heavily discounted tickets. Many single sans family type air line employees may like "plane hopping" on their weekends.

I think he may fantasize about going criminal full time in regards to his employment, but....

He seems to have some kind of work ID attached to his right pocket (at first glance it may seem to be cigarette in his hand).

The possible ID could be usually worn on a shirt pocket, or worn at the waist and be on some kind of "extenda string" for entering locked doors or showing to security guards.

As a side note, wearing this type of ID can become habitual to the point where somebody forgets they have it on.
Someone suggested that may have been his phone lighting up with a call as he walked down the sidewalk. So hard to tell in that video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgieCat