Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Latin American countries and Spain, the person's surname would be Garcia. So, the person's name is Pablo Garcia. (Acosta, which the mother's maiden is like a "middle name", only it's at the end instead of the middle)
The end name is changed with each new generation.
If that person moves to the US, their surname is still Garcia. They may choose to go with US style of naming, but some prefer to keep the old style. Eventually most change to US style. (So, his name would be Pablo Acosta Garcia if English style naming conventions are used)

Generally if someone is born in the US and has that name on the birth certificate, Acosta is the father's name. Hence, the kid is Pablo Acosta.

In Spanish speaking countries, they are not used interchangeably. The rule is pretty hard and fast over there.

Yes, those names can be used interchangeably in the US and I guess for nefarious reasons. But college students apply with SSN's. So, it's really not an issue.

We have the same issue in the US with married women. Sometimes they go by their maiden name, sometimes they go by their married name. Sometimes they go by their exes, name etc etc etc. Sometimes they go by numerous exes names.

The "the two first names", is pretty much the same as in the US. For instance most of us have a "middle name" on our birth certificate.
In the old days every infant was given a salutation name of Joseph or Maria. (I think this was the same in every Catholic country. ) Later, Joseph was changed to Jose. In the early 19th Century, the Jose and Maria salutation was formerly dropped when countries broke away from the viceroy of the church. However, the tradition still exists here and there. However, because of this custom, there does seem to be a higher incident of men using their second name as their preferred name. Once again, there are Anglos who go by their middle name because they don't like their first name.

Thank you. Very interesting. Between my two versions:

1) he is difficult to find because in the US, the Spanish naming convention is poorly known by non-Hispanic Americans, and can lead to mistakes,

Or,

2). He is difficult to find because his name, for example, is Jose Garcia, or Jose Cruz, or something very common

What would be more likely?

Thank you. Very interesting. Between my two versions:

1) he is difficult to find because in the US, the Spanish naming convention is poorly known by non-Hispanic Americans, and can lead to mistakes,

Or,

2). He is difficult to find because his name, for example, is Jose Garcia, or Jose Cruz, or something very common

What would be more likely?
Genetic genealogy takes a long time no matter what the name! If he's an immigrant, it takes much, much longer.

What's the connection between the three cities regarding to the POI.

We know an assault/home invasion occurred in March in Los Angles where the suspect left behind his DNA. We know Rachel was killed in Bel Air on August 5 and DNA from the suspect matched the LA suspects DNA. We know LE has traveled to Chicago, but we don't why and if there was a crime commited there we don't know when.

Both Los Angles and Chicago are big cities. Just a hunch but maybe the suspect was in a large city near Bel Air in early August for some reason. The closest large city from Bel Air would be Baltimore.

SO what's the connection between those three LARGE cities. Sporting event? Work related?

School vacations? If he is into sports, he might have a regular cheerleading girlfriend. This is what would totally obscure all - a pretty GF. We think of him as a loner, but…which of them budding SKs was?

SEP 7, 2023
[...]

Gahler said people had questions about the video. Some of them were interested in an arm that appears to close the door of the Los Angeles home that the suspected killer is seen exiting in the video.

"I hear this question numerous times a day, and I can tell you we have identified the person connected to the infamous arm that appears in the surveillance footage from Los Angeles," he said. "And after speaking to that individual, we are confident that they played no role in the commission of any crime."

Investigators have seen an influx in tips over the course of the investigation. To date, they have received "nearly 600 tips so far from community members and some of those from as far away as Australia, England, and Canada," Gahler said.

That's double the number of tips that investigators said they had received just a few weeks ago.

[...]

SEP 7, 2023
[...]

Gahler emphasized that police will continue to retain information related to the nature of her killing and the crime scene.

He referenced the video released by the sheriff's office that depicts the suspect leaving the house of an assault in Los Angeles.

"No, we do not have a better picture at this time, and that includes that we do not have a video of the suspect entering the home," Gahler said.

[...]

"I hear this question numerous times a day, and I can tell you we have identified the person connected to the infamous arm that appears in the surveillance footage from Los Angeles," he said. "And after speaking to that individual, we are confident that they played no role in the commission of any crime."
Does this mean the arm doesn't belong to the victim?

In this case most probably the wide angle lens of the doorbell cam. Wide angle lenses distort objects that are close to them so I am pretty sure this dude has no abnormal back or spine curvature.
I also noticed it was most pronounced near the door. It appeared he thrust he shoulders back before he moved away.

Someone on WS mentioned wrestling!

I found it interesting.

I personally have absolutely no idea though besides slightly off anatomical features. (Fairly common)

The first time I saw suspect image his curved lower back reminded me of a guy I dated 50 years ago, his back was exactly like that. He was also slightly bow legged. He had no medical issues.

Jmo

I also noticed it was most pronounced near the door. It appeared he thrust he shoulders back before he moved away.
At the door, with a curved back leaning forward to the person, who closed the door from inside (arm of the person didn't look like a man's strong arm), the only thing missing was, that he kissed the person goodbye. :oops: So my personal feeling, when I viewed the surveillance video.
ETA: Just like a lover, who says goodbye quietly and secretly.

My issue with that assumption is the fact DNA was taken and entered into CODIS. That suggests a level of seriousness and cooperation that is at odds with the victim knowing the perpetrator. There are reasons a victim wouldn’t cooperate with LE, but that generally means they wouldn’t invite LE into their house in the first place. I don’t understand calling the police and cooperating with the collection of evidence, but then not identifying the perpetrator. Maybe if reported by a hospital, I know that scenario happens on SVU. I assume it isn’t unheard of.

I personally think it possible that the victim in LA may have known the attacker.

For instance, if the victim in LA was underage, perhaps a parent/guardian had filed the report of burglary/assault on their behalf, or even against the victim's wishes.

Example : Victim in LA willingly engaged in acts with this perpetrator, the parent/guardian seeing the doorbell footage, and likely confronting the victim, decided to call Law Enforcement on the basis of the ethics of underage relations.

This however, is merely an avenue/theory of what may have transpired, and is only intended to expound upon a persisting theory. MOO

This may be a stretch but could it be possible that the home suspect is exiting from in California is not the home of victim but a home he was staying in. Through dna of the rape/assault he was tracked to that home.??

Leaving the way he did as if he had a heads to get out of town.

Maybe I’m thinking too much.

Random questions the public may never get answers to but, how many months had RM jogged that trail? Did she always go at that same time? Did she always run alone? Was she part of any running groups? Did she ever run with family, friends, coworkers?

An acquaintance is into fitness and is almost always at a specific place at a specific time. They've let quite a few people know this and if anyone is ever interested in working out, they can just show up. It got me wondering if RMs routine was also 'known'.

Did this person know RM from a distance? so to speak. A friend of a friend, or maybe not that close but knew her schedule, etc.

This may be a stretch but could it be possible that the home suspect is exiting from in California is not the home of victim but a home he was staying in. Through dna of the rape/assault he was tracked to that home.??

Leaving the way he did as if he had a heads to get out of town.

Maybe I’m thinking too much.
I’m sure it’s been confirmed by the LAPD that the doorcam bell footage is in fact that of the home in which the assault occurred.

I wouldn’t say you’re thinking too much at all since the nature and behaviour of his departure very much seems nonchalant. Hence all the speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KimberlyJane523