Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very random thoughts on the DNA. Twins? Either way, genetic genealogy should find him eventually. Frustrating this killer is still on the loose. Patience I guess.

He's not in the CODIS registery yet, and his family doesn't do those DNA genealogy tests so...

Very random thoughts on the DNA. Twins? Either way, genetic genealogy should find him eventually. Frustrating this killer is still on the loose. Patience I guess.

I’m an identical twin, and though we do have the same DNA, we have different fingerprints.
That’s the case for all identical twins, because fingerprints are formed individually, partially due to how we touch our mother’s womb.
Therefore I can only hope that there are fingerprints left behind as well, and that since those are apparently not in the system as of now, he can still be positively identified if they DO track him down.

JMO

Are all prisoners DNA swabbed? How long is the process from arrest, to swab, to running it for a database match? How likely is it this person is already under arrest for something else but the DNA matching hasn't been completed?

Are all prisoners DNA swabbed? How long is the process from arrest, to swab, to running it for a database match? How likely is it this person is already under arrest for something else but the DNA matching hasn't been completed?
I believe they are swabbed.

I don't have answers for the other questions.
Maybe someone else knows how long it takes.

They can do DNA quickly, but whether they do in practice is another story.

Federal Prisoners are required to give DNA samples depending on the crime.

A prisoner in a county jail on a misdemeanor isn't going to get swabbed.

Read more here:

Attachments

SEP 19, 2023
[...]

“We are deeply committed to exploring every avenue that may lead to answers in Rachel Morin’s case,” Rice said in the statement. “We believe that the Hispanic community’s involvement is paramount, and our digital campaign is designed to ensure their voices are heard and their insights are acknowledged.” [Managing Attorney at Rice, Murtha & Psoras - the firm representing the Morin family.]

[...]

“Based on the witness statements given to detectives, we are highly confident we are looking for a Hispanic male,” sheriff’s office spokesperson Cristie Hopkins said Thursday. “When the DNA results returned and witness statements indicated we were looking for a Hispanic male, we immediately began working with a local nonprofit, LASOS, to assist in reaching the Hispanic community.”

LASOS, Linking All So Others Succeed, is a nonprofit organization that provides family literacy services and citizenship classes to non-native English speakers in Harford County. ...

Hopkins said the sheriff’s office has also been in contact with Hispanic-owned or frequented businesses, local nonprofits and churches ...

Detectives also went door-to-door in primarily Hispanic neighborhoods ... A Spanish-language video was made and promoted in Spanish-speaking neighborhoods in Los Angeles, Baltimore County, Baltimore City and Harford County, and shared with Spanish-language media, she said.

[...]

True Crime Garage put out a two part episode on this case this week, not a ton of new info but definitely worth checking out.

To me the most notable part of it is they lay out a possible scenario for the LA crime that makes more sense than anything I’ve heard or been able to come up with.

I'm beginning to worry about the solvability of this case.
I have my concerns to.

The main issue is with a murderer like this one is that he will strike again MOO (if he hasn’t already done so).

It seems like such a carefully planned attack - there’s no footage of him leaving/entering the area as far as we are aware- the only footage we have is of his back and side of his face which is from like 6 months ago so his appearance could have drastically changed since then.

This is a shot in the dark but I thought it was alittle weird but matches the guy mostly.

You would think the suspect in the Motel Rape would have left behind some of his DNA and if and when entered into CODIS would match the suspect in Rachel's murder and the LA home invasion incident.

True Crime Garage put out a two part episode on this case this week, not a ton of new info but definitely worth checking out.

To me the most notable part of it is they lay out a possible scenario for the LA crime that makes more sense than anything I’ve heard or been able to come up with.
Just watched part I and now going to watch part II.

This is a shot in the dark but I thought it was alittle weird but matches the guy mostly.

Just like this face, although not clear enough recognizable, I imagine the optics of the killer. His stature is fitting less, IMO. Too thin, it seems.
Btw: Are men with an Edgar hairstyle or some other modern style still wearing baseball caps? Wouldn't show their expensive cuts. (Has nothing to do with this special person on surveillance pic.)

Last edited:
TONIGHT: Father of Rachel Morin's Oldest Child, Matt McMahon joins #Banfield at 10p/9C on #NewsNation. To find your channel visit http://JoinNN.com

TONIGHT: Attorney for Morin Family, Randolph Rice joins #Banfield on #NewsNation at 10p/9C. To watch visit http://JoinNN.com

Breaking new developments in Rachel Morin investigation - the sheriff joins me live at 10pmET on @NewsNation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot