Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New Post from HCSO I didn't see this posted yet, so I figured I would share it here. The family distributed flyers amongst the Hispanic community in Bel Air a few days ago, and were astonished to find out that many, many residents are not even aware of this crime!

I have a question for the Spanish speakers on this site...the translation provided says that the suspect 'resided' in LA and recently 'reloacted to northeast Maryland'. Can anyone confirm that this translation is accurate? If so, this seems pretty significant to me. Almost like, they KNOW who this is but just can't find him.

Facebook is blocked at work. Does the HCSO post list the statement in Spanish and then that document provides an English translation as well? Am I understanding this correctly?

New Post from HCSO I didn't see this posted yet, so I figured I would share it here. The family distributed flyers amongst the Hispanic community in Bel Air a few days ago, and were astonished to find out that many, many residents are not even aware of this crime!

I have a question for the Spanish speakers on this site...the translation provided says that the suspect 'resided' in LA and recently 'reloacted to northeast Maryland'. Can anyone confirm that this translation is accurate? If so, this seems pretty significant to me. Almost like, they KNOW who this is but just can't find him.

I agree it does sound like they know a good bit of information. My thing is, they can't find him, it has been weeks. I would think they would release his name along with the camera screencap if they had it. As posted above, a lot of the Hispanic community had no idea this case existed. If they hear a specific name in the news or through the grapevine, I think it would get more traction. JMO

Last edited:
Thank you! I wrote it wrong though. The translation says he was 'living' in the LA area, not residing.
"Living" is an interesting choice of words for LE. Usually they always say "residing"...
For instance, "Suspect residing at 123 Main St". They never say "living", so who knows what they actually know and what they actually meant?

Did they mean that the suspect was "living" as in "living and breathing?"

All we know on Websleuths is that the suspect was in Los Angeles on March 26 and in Bel Air on Aug 5...sigh....

I agree it does sound like they know a good about of information. My thing is, they can't find him, it has been weeks. I would think they would release his name along with the camera screencap. As posted above, a lot of the Hispanic community had no idea this case existed. If they hear a specific name in the news or through the grapevine, I think it would get more traction. JMO
I don't know anything about the Hispanic community in Bel Air or their access to Spanish language TV. Spanish language TV is a very popular medium. In Wisconsin, small town Hispanic communities are mostly tight-knit migrants. If the Hispanic community is mostly migrants, then they usually have less access to media and less time to watch television.

There is also a chance he has ties to Baltimore and may have seen Rachel on SM or something or was in the Bel Air area for some reason or other. He may not have ties to Bel Air.

A Facebook comment by the HCSO clarified that the Spanish release had no new information in it.

Someone else made the observation that you can assume someone wouldn’t go into that LA neighborhood without being closely familiar with it, which I agree with.

Last edited:
Does the HCSO post list the statement in Spanish and then that document provides an English translation as well? Am I understanding this correctly?

Yes, that is correct.

I did not see a translation from the HCSO.
I translated from Google.

Do you have the translation link?

Last edited:

@Friday Fan I believe this is the link but I personally cannot view facebook links until I'm home from work.

I hope you’re right.
I’m just scarred by the Delphi case, with a forward facing picture of the suspect, and a short video of him walking and his gait. For over five years the good people of small town Delphi, never called in the guy living right in their town, working at the only drug store in town, playing pool with them on a regular basis.
I hope you are right.

You'd think The Bridge Guy's wife would have recognized him or at least thought wow, you kinda of look like that guy.

I agree it does sound like they know a good bit of information. My thing is, they can't find him, it has been weeks. I would think they would release his name along with the camera screencap if they had it. As posted above, a lot of the Hispanic community had no idea this case existed. If they hear a specific name in the news or through the grapevine, I think it would get more traction. JMO
I agree. Perhaps they have a name that turned out to be an alias. I am somewhat baffled by how little info has been shared thus far. I realize they probably have their reasons but all this waiting is excrutiating!

A Facebook comment by the HCSO clarified that the Spanish release had no new information in it.

Someone else made the observation that you can assume someone wouldn’t go into that LA neighborhood without being closely familiar with it, which I agree with.
Thanks! I didn't read all the comments before I posted it. I agree that the location is a pretty rough area and the guy most likely didn't just randomly go there. Frankly, the more I watch that video, the more convinced I am that the suspect and the person that closed the door probably knew each other.

What's the connection between the three cities regarding to the POI.

We know an assault/home invasion occurred in March in Los Angles where the suspect left behind his DNA. We know Rachel was killed in Bel Air on August 5 and DNA from the suspect matched the LA suspects DNA. We know LE has traveled to Chicago, but we don't why and if there was a crime commited there we don't know when.

Both Los Angles and Chicago are big cities. Just a hunch but maybe the suspect was in a large city near Bel Air in early August for some reason. The closest large city from Bel Air would be Baltimore.

SO what's the connection between those three LARGE cities. Sporting event? Work related?

What's the connection between the three cities regarding to the POI.

We know an assault/home invasion occurred in March in Los Angles where the suspect left behind his DNA. We know Rachel was killed in Bel Air on August 5 and DNA from the suspect matched the LA suspects DNA. We know LE has traveled to Chicago, but we don't why and if there was a crime commited there we don't know when.

Both Los Angles and Chicago are big cities. Just a hunch but maybe the suspect was in a large city near Bel Air in early August for some reason. The closest large city from Bel Air would be Baltimore.

SO what's the connection between those three LARGE cities. Sporting event? Work related?

The Baltimore Orioles and Anaheim Angels of LA did not play each other in June or July. They actually just played in LA yesterday.

Training camps? NFL draft was just after March assault. Maybe someone moved east. I know one NFL player who has a hair cut like that.

Training camps are an interesting thought. Unlike baseball where camps are generally in Arizona and Florida, football camps are generally at the teams practice facilities or a nearby campus. For instance, Philadelphia Eagles training camp is at Lehigh University. I’ll have to check out the preseason schedule to see which teams were playing and having combined camps in which cities.

No matter the cause of his sway back, (lordosis), it is usually hard to spot while someone is wearing a shirt. (Unless you're a physical therapist etc)

It's actually quite common and there a loads of self-help articles and videos on how to "correct it".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member