Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023 #3 *Arrest*

I'm seeing that the speculation about how he got around to various states is that he drove, was driven or took buses.

But maybe he hopped on freight trains, and simply ended up wherever that freight train stopped or even jumped off. Hence the seemingly random locations.
He may have had practice too, may have done so during his escape from El Salvador, as many illegal immigrants on the way to the border do also.

I may be wrong, he may have had gang connections, or hitchhiked, got lifts from truckers etc. but it's another means of transport to be considered.
Do we really have any specific facts on how travelled? I have missed any details.

But why would have they done any DNA testing for trespassing?
I currently understand that the tip came up in MD. So what did MD have, to contact Tulsa ???

The exact connection to Tulsa is what LE hasn't/doesn't seem to want to reveal yet.

In the press conference Sheriff Gahler said the lead they received on her birthday was related to DNA evidence and led to his name/identity. But they still didn't know where he was. They felt he might be anywhere in this country or even in another country. But over the last two weeks, they tracked him from Prince Georges County to Tulsa, OK (no real details on how they did this, other than it was a comprehensive LE effort among many agencies). They obtained an arrest warrant and as it was being issued, they met with family to update them but they asked them to keep it secret. Five hours after meeting with the family, police in Tulsa assisted by federal partners, located and arrested him.

The FBI special agent at the press conference said the FBI helped pinpoint his location. FBI agents were present at his apprehension.

Last edited:
My speculation is that through GG they were able to determine that he had a family connection to El Salvador. That could have been determined even if the DNA matches were distant relatives, if they shared El Salvador roots. They might have even narrowed it down to a specific family line in ES. Once that had been determined, they would have contacted LE in El Salvador, and it is very possible that LE in ES had his DNA from the murder site in ES. LE in ES knew his identity in relation to the crime there -- so when his DNA from the US matched the DNA from the ES crime scene, his identity was known. IMO.

It will be interesting to hear how he was traced to Tulsa, but I think we'll just have to be patient and wait for court documents to find that out.

The exact connection to Tulsa is what LE hasn't/doesn't seem to want to reveal yet.

In the press conference Sheriff Gahler said the lead they received on her birthday was related to DNA evidence and led to his name/identity. But they still didn't know where he was. They felt he might be anywhere in this country or even in another country. But over the last two weeks, they tracked him from Prince Georges County to Tulsa, OK (no real details on how they did this, other than it was a comprehensive LE effort among many agencies). They obtained an arrest warrant and as it was being issued, they met with family to update them but they asked them to keep it secret. Five hours after meeting with the family, police in Tulsa assisted by federal partners, located and arrested him.

The FBI special agent at the press conference said the FBI helped pinpoint his location. FBI agents were present at his apprehension.
LE mentioned gang affiliation, though no specific name. IMO, the locations he traveled too will tie back to that. I mentioned the MS13 gang yesterday. The areas he was known to be in have a large presence.

JUN 16, 2024
On May 20, Morin’s birthday, investigators received the information that would lead to the arrest — DNA evidence that put a name to the image of the suspect in a video from LA, released two weeks after Morin’s death.

Over the past two weeks, investigators tracked the suspect from Prince George’s County to Tulsa, Oklahoma, where he was arrested on Friday. Tulsa police said in a news release that the FBI had been working on information that the suspect was in the Tulsa area. Law enforcement found him casually sitting at a bar. Initially, he lied about his true identity and denied any knowledge of the crimes he is wanted for, cops said.

I'm thinking he traveled by Greyhound bus or Amtrak trains. I have stops for both in my city and there are a lot of drifter types that use them for transportation.
no Amtrak in or near Tulsa. Closest station is a couple hours car drive away in OKC. Plenty of Greyhound buses though.

There are several Amtrak stations in Oklahoma, including a stop in the capital, Oklahoma City. All stations are on the Heartland Flyer route that travels between Oklahoma City and Fort Worth, Texas. Explore Amtrak stations in Oklahoma below to learn more.

Oklahoma Amtrak Stations

I didn't realize it wasn't known how he was traveling. I had just assumed he was driving himself. That's interesting!

LE described the place he was at in Tulsa when apprehended as "a storefront." The sheriff said he was charged with trespassing at that location because he was "unwanted." I know from reading police incident reports from many other cases that "unwanted" usually means police have received a call for service from a location (a residence or business) stating that someone is there who the owner/staff wants removed.
That's kinda funny they referred to him as "unwanted", when he was at that very moment very wanted actually. (As in Wanted dead or alive?)

My speculation is that through GG they were able to determine that he had a family connection to El Salvador. That could have been determined even if the DNA matches were distant relatives, if they shared El Salvador roots. They might have even narrowed it down to a specific family line in ES. Once that had been determined, they would have contacted LE in El Salvador, and it is very possible that LE in ES had his DNA from the murder site in ES. LE in ES knew his identity in relation to the crime there -- so when his DNA from the US matched the DNA from the ES crime scene, his identity was known. IMO.

It will be interesting to hear how he was traced to Tulsa, but I think we'll just have to be patient and wait for court documents to find that out.

About Tulsa. I wouldn't be surprised if someone snitched on him, and if so, good for the person!

Even gang members should not have much respect for a rapist who attacked a child and killed two women. Members of the gangs are scary, and some end up spending their lives behind bars, but essentially, they are guys from poorer neighborhoods. They have mothers, women, children and sisters. Perhaps their families are the only people they love. This guy, who preys on women and children...no one should feel allegiance to him, except for perhaps own family. We may never know how they found him, but who'd protect this coward? He ran as soon a young man appeared in LA home. It means, he attacks only women and kids.

LE mentioned gang affiliation, though no specific name. IMO, the locations he traveled too will tie back to that. I mentioned the MS13 gang yesterday. The areas he was known to be in have a large presence.

Great point. We know that LE was assisted by federal partners in tracking him to Tulsa. If investigative knowledge of gang affiliations/movements played a role, that could be another reason they called the investigation still active and ongoing, and why they aren't revealing much about the Tulsa connection at this time.

1718624878349.jpeg
Victor Martinez-Hernandez, 23, remained held without bond Sunday. Officials recently linked him through DNA to the murder of Rachel Hannah Morin last year, according to Harford County Sheriff Jeff Gahler. Martinez-Hernandez had crossed into the United States unlawfully in February 2023, Gahler said, and was known to have spent time in Maryland, Virginia, Los Angeles and finally Tulsa, where he was apprehended late Friday
*what a beautiful smile, such a genuine look

I am glad his victims and their families will finally get justice and souls of the woman he murdered in El Salvador and of Rachel Morin find peace.

I am happy for Patricia Morin, Rachel Morin’s mother. She said she was afraid that it would turn into a cold case and that thought filled her with hopelessness. At least now she, the family of the woman in El Salvador and the minor who was assaulted in LA can make him answer and face them for what he has done, including the crimes he committed against them.

I do worry though that may have more victims. It is terrifying to learn how he committed three vicious attacks in one year across countries and different parts of America. He seemed to do it with a type of brazenness or without fear if instead of keeping a low profile he still commits these violent crimes knowing he was already wanted for murder in El Salvador and then again 6 months afterwards in Maryland. Yet he still assaulted someone in LA and he didn’t even seem to care that there was a Ring camera.

I still don't know why he chose to go to Tulsa. Maybe he looked at a map and picked a place that was about the furthest distance from the 2 places he had fled after each of his crimes. He might have just started driving away from Maryland, trying to get as far away from there as he could, trying to distance himself from the scene of the (latest) crime, but then at some point, he would realize he was now heading back toward the scene of his OTHER crime in California, so he better stop driving, and geographically, Tulsa's about the place that leaves him pretty much in the middle between the two! Or maybe he was on his way back to the west coast, and just stopped off here for a beer.

But stupidly, he first had to get arrested for trespassing. He was probably surprised they didn't take him to jail, just wrote him a ticket and let him go. But it's my theory that they ID'd him when they cited him for trespassing and found out he was wanted in at least 2 distant states as well as in another country! So I think they did let him go for the moment, but kept him on surveillance while they contacted the other agencies who were looking for him, and when the time was right, they swooped in and got him. I think they knew he was at that bar, bc they'd followed him from the moment they wrote him that ticket for trespassing, when they found his warrants.

So I still have questions about a couple things. Did he choose to come to Tulsa for any reason in particular? Like does he have family or other connections here? Or was he just running, and randomly ended up here? And I'm also curious what he was doing at that "storefront" that got the attention of police and ended up being his downfall? I just find that odd that they told him he was trespassing in the middle of the day in front of some store that I assume was open to the public... I think all the police said was that he was hanging around by a storefront. I believe he had to have been causing a disturbance of some kind, or maybe he'd just been there for too long and was giving someone the heebiejeebies, and they called the cops on him.
Same questions that just spin and spin in my head.

So the assumption is that a first violation was at the bar???
Would LE really take the time to throw him in the national database? Is that like super simple?

I think they made it clear that MD had the tip to go to Tulsa, right? Before Tulsa had any inklings of who the guy was.

I have a hunch that he was, somehow, acting on predictable El Salvador patterns...like "just keep running", and LE willnever find you. Of course that is totally moo at this point.

I'm seeing that the speculation about how he got around to various states is that he drove, was driven or took buses.

But maybe he hopped on freight trains, and simply ended up wherever that freight train stopped or even jumped off. Hence the seemingly random locations.
He may have had practice too, may have done so during his escape from El Salvador, as many illegal immigrants on the way to the border do also.

I may be wrong, he may have had gang connections, or hitchhiked, got lifts from truckers etc. but it's another means of transport to be considered.
But do we have any facts, at all, about he travelled?
When you think about this, most forms of transport are truly expensive, aren't they?

Right, but that still left the question of how they knew he was in Tulsa, and even knew WHERE in Tulsa he was! They then knew his name thru genealogy and they had a description and had seen him on video (barely), but that wouldn't tell them where to find him. UNTIL he made the mistake of stopping off in Tulsa to apparently be some kind of a public nuisance, enough to get the attention of the police who probably didn't know what to do with him so they just cited him for trespassing, just to make him go away probably. But they had to put some name on the ticket, and it's just a good thing they ran his name thru NCIC where there was a brand new warrant in his name, and for some serious major crimes. At that point, they had to handle everything just right, and I guess they did. "Arrested without incident" always sounds good. Sure glad they got him before anything else happened. I bet he was eagerly watching for his next opportunity.
Good point about knowing the Tulsa part. I wonder since they would probably be the people you trust the most if you were on the run, if it was a close family member or partner who alerted LE?

I also wonder too if something happened recently, like he committed another crime, and the tipster couldn’t take it or cover for him or lie anymore? Or the guilt by association or keeping the secret was too much? Either way they did the right thing by helping LE catch him.

Last edited:
I am glad his victims and their families will finally get justice and souls of the woman he murdered in El Salvador and of Rachel Morin find peace.

I am happy for Patricia Morin, Rachel Morin’s mother. She said she was afraid that it would turn into a cold case and that thought filled her with hopelessness. At least now she, the family of the woman in El Salvador and the minor who was assaulted in LA can make him answer and face them for what he has done, including the crimes he committed against them.

I do worry though that may have more victims. It is terrifying to learn how he committed three vicious attacks in one year across countries and different parts of America. He seemed to do it with a type of brazenness or without fear if instead of keeping a low profile he still commits these violent crimes knowing he was already wanted for murder in El Salvador and then again 6 months afterwards in Maryland. Yet he still assaulted someone in LA and he didn’t even seem to care that there was a Ring camera.

It was a matter of a few MONTHS!!!
That is why I said earlier exactly what you are saying.
I have NEVER seen so many and such brazen behavior with any sk.
I hope that any folks following this thread, who may have more knowledge about serial killers can enlighten or correct me.

Good point about knowing the Tulsa part. I wonder since they would probably be the people you trust the most if you were on the run, if it was a close family member or partner who alerted LE?

The tip coming in on Rachel Morin’s birthday seems sentimental or maybe done out of an act of empathy for her or her family?

I also wonder though if something happened recently, like he committed another crime, and the tipster couldn’t take it or cover for him or lie anymore? Or the guilt by association or keeping the secret was too much? Either way they did the right thing by helping LE catch him.
Dbm.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rouark50