Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Although they had the DNA evidence and video from that break-in, Gahler said they did not have an identity on the suspect until May.

Gahler said his office privately informed Morin's family about the warrant before the arrest was made.

The exact connection to Tulsa is what LE hasn't/doesn't seem to want to reveal yet.

In the press conference Sheriff Gahler said the lead they received on her birthday was related to DNA evidence and led to his name/identity. But they still didn't know where he was. They felt he might be anywhere in this country or even in another country. But over the last two weeks, they tracked him from Prince Georges County to Tulsa, OK (no real details on how they did this, other than it was a comprehensive LE effort among many agencies). They obtained an arrest warrant and as it was being issued, they met with family to update them but they asked them to keep it secret. Five hours after meeting with the family, police in Tulsa assisted by federal partners, located and arrested him.

The FBI special agent at the press conference said the FBI helped pinpoint his location. FBI agents were present at his apprehension.
Thanks for the clarification here.
So, based on the specific LE statement, it is less likely that the tip came from Tulsa

"He worked odd jobs and didn't live an expensive lifestyle. It's a free country, so once you're here, you move from one jurisdiction to the next. He went from El Salvador to the U.S., Los Angeles to Harford County, then Prince George's County, Virginia, then Oklahoma. We aren't sure where else he's been. We certainly know he has connections in D.C. and Prince George's. We believe he has ties to known gangs and that's how he lived his life."

LE mentioned gang affiliation, though no specific name. IMO, the locations he traveled too will tie back to that. I mentioned the MS13 gang yesterday. The areas he was known to be in have a large presence.

<modsnip - not an approved source>
Yes - in Harford County there are two areas called Edgewood and Aberdeen (10-15 minutes from Bel Air) that have MS-13 gangs.

Here is one article as an example of an MS-13 gang member from El Salvador that strangled an killed a teen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is one article as an example of an MS-13 gang member from El Salvador that strangled an killed a teen.

This is terrifying! :oops:

From the above link:

"MS-13,
also called Mara Salvatrucha,
is believed to have been founded as a neighborhood street gang in Los Angeles in the mid-1980s
by immigrants fleeing a civil war in El Salvador.

The gang is now a major international criminal enterprise,
with tens of thousands of members in several Central American countries
and many U.S. states, according to the U.S. Department of Justice."

From wiki:

1718641433790.png

"Mara Salvatrucha
members are involved in the trafficking of narcotics,
primarily cocaine and marijuana, into the United States,
as well as the transportation and distribution of illicit drugs throughout the U.S.

Conversely, the gang is engaged in the trafficking of stolen vehicles from the U.S. to Central America.

MS-13 also utilizes intimidation and violence to extort payment from legal and illegal businesses operating in its territory.

Members partake in additional criminal activities including:
- alien smuggling,
- weapons trafficking,
- assault,
- homicide,
- rape,
- kidnapping,
- identification theft,
- home invasions,
- carjackings,
- prostitution,
- robbery, and vandalism.
..…..
MS-13
are notorious for their violence and a subcultural moral code based on merciless retribution.

Aspirants are beaten for 13 seconds as an initiation to join the gang,
a ritual known as a "beat-in".
At least one faction of MS-13 – the Fulton clique in Los Angeles
has required prospective members to commit a murder
in order to be considered for full-fledged membership."

:oops:

Last edited:
The suspected Salvadoran gang member accused of raping and killing a Maryland mom of five illegally snuck into the US three times in two months and was booted — before finally apparently eluding agents on his fourth try.

Victor Antonio Martinez-Hernandez, 23, illegally crossed the southern border once near El Paso, Texas, in January 2023, a second time that same month in New Mexico and a third time again in New Mexico in February 2023, Department of Homeland Security sources told The Post on Monday.

Scary thought...he could have been at the bar looking for his next victim. MOO

JUN 15, 2024
Late Friday night, the FBI and Tulsa police detectives arrested an international murder suspect at a bar located at 21st Street and Garnett Road.

[...]

The FBI began working with TPD on reports that Hernandez was in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

He was found sitting at a bar when detectives arrested him.

[...]

Police said he initially lied about his identity and denied any knowledge of the crimes.

View attachment 510600
He was growing his hair out. Those forehead wrinkles. Too bad that wasn’t known sooner. That’s very unique.

Thankful this killer has been captured. It means a great deal to know he's not out there anymore to hurt more victims. It's hard to feel safe knowing he had such mobility getting across borders and around the US. Yes, his appearance seems quite changeable. I wouldn't have made the connection if I saw him. MOO, he's nothing, but violence and evil. Lock. Him. Away. Forever.

Prayers for Rachel's children and family.

Great point. We know that LE was assisted by federal partners in tracking him to Tulsa. If investigative knowledge of gang affiliations/movements played a role, that could be another reason they called the investigation still active and ongoing, and why they aren't revealing much about the Tulsa connection at this time.
Imo, just what I see living here, the location he was arrested is where many Hispanic residents live, with many shops owned by Spanish-speaking people. If you only spoke Spanish, you probably wouldn't have a language problem right there. (Although he may be fluent in English too, who knows.) Right on that same corner where he was found at the bar is a big Mexican market (Supermercados Morelos) and an El Mercadito (little Mexican grocery store) and a Tortilleria Milarcos (Mexican food cafe), El Rodeo (pool hall/bar), Casa Herrera (Mexican food restaurant), taco truck, etc. All the signs say "AUTENTICO!" and most reviews are in Spanish. This is the east side of Tulsa, where he was found. If he did know anyone who lives in Tulsa, wouldn't be surprising that he would go to this neighborhood.

"The majority race in Tulsa overall is white, making up 65.2% of residents. The next most-common racial group is hispanic at 9.1%. There are more white people in the west areas of the city. People who identify as hispanic are most likely to be living in the east places."
from https://bestneighborhood.org/race-in-tulsa-ok/

Same questions that just spin and spin in my head.

So the assumption is that a first violation was at the bar???
Would LE really take the time to throw him in the national database? Is that like super simple?

I think they made it clear that MD had the tip to go to Tulsa, right? Before Tulsa had any inklings of who the guy was.

I have a hunch that he was, somehow, acting on predictable El Salvador patterns...like "just keep running", and LE willnever find you. Of course that is totally moo at this point.
No, from what I read, the first violation in Tulsa was at an undisclosed storefront, where he was cited for trespassing. I think they had his real name from that incident. The warrant stemming from his prior crimes was either just filed or was about to be filed. When Tulsa LE realized that the guy they cited for trespassing had serious felony warrants, they (working now with FBI) arrested him at that bar. I take it they didn't know about the warrants at the time of the citation, or they would've just taken him in to jail then. Or maybe they did know, but since it involved federal charges, maybe they wanted to see what they wanted them to do with him first, so just kept an eye on him til later when the decision was made to arrest him at the bar.

The warrants were filed only after they learned his name, which I understand they got from genealogical work, having his DNA from both the home invasion in California and RM's murder in Maryland.

I think it was just luck that he caused a little trouble in Tulsa, putting him on the police radar under his real name there.

Sorry it took us a minute to put something together!

Honored Othram could assist Harford County Sheriff's Office & the FBI to help identify the suspected rapist and murderer of Rachel Morin. He has been arrested and charged. We should be deploying this tech for active cases. We can't afford to wait, especially with serial predators that continue to harm others.

Rachel Morin's Suspected Rapist & Murderer is Arrested

He was growing his hair out. Those forehead wrinkles. Too bad that wasn’t known sooner. That’s very unique.
Looks like he's furrowing his eyebrows and making a particularly stern face to appear tougher (and is also probably pissed he was caught). Although even given that those are still some distinctive wrinkles, you're right.

Honored Othram could assist Harford County Sheriff's Office & the FBI to help identify the suspected rapist and murderer of Rachel Morin. He has been arrested and charged. We should be deploying this tech for active cases. We can't afford to wait, especially with serial predators that continue to harm others.

Great work, Othram!

No, from what I read, the first violation in Tulsa was at an undisclosed storefront, where he was cited for trespassing. I think they had his real name from that incident. The warrant stemming from his prior crimes was either just filed or was about to be filed. When Tulsa LE realized that the guy they cited for trespassing had serious felony warrants, they (working now with FBI) arrested him at that bar. I take it they didn't know about the warrants at the time of the citation, or they would've just taken him in to jail then. Or maybe they did know, but since it involved federal charges, maybe they wanted to see what they wanted them to do with him first, so just kept an eye on him til later when the decision was made to arrest him at the bar.

The warrants were filed only after they learned his name, which I understand they got from genealogical work, having his DNA from both the home invasion in California and RM's murder in Maryland.

I think it was just luck that he caused a little trouble in Tulsa, putting him on the police radar under his real name there.
It really, still, does not all compute for me.
If he merely trespassing in a heavily Hispanic area, WHY and Who would bother putting him through a national database?
I guess my question is....is that really standard procedure?

Looks like he's furrowing his eyebrows and making a particularly stern face to appear tougher (and is also probably pissed he was caught). Although even given that those are still some distinctive wrinkles, you're right.

I think the “brows” are frustration that he was caught, waiting to see if his true mugshot has the same appearance.
I can raise my right brow and lower my left. It worked in public with my daughter, one look and she behaved.

Some can wiggle nose (me) and move ears.

Jmo

Websleuths is proud to be partnered with Othram. Congratulations on your hard working team getting this suspected murderer/rapist off the streets

Last edited:

Thank you to you and to your entire team for helping to catch Rachel’s killer, and for all the cases you help bring to a close. Tremendous job!

We appreciate you!!

"The suspect accused of killing Harford County mother of five Rachel Morin
faced a judge in Oklahoma
and waived his extradition hearing Monday afternoon,
clearing the way for his return to Maryland
to face first-degree murder charges.

Victor Martinez Hernandez, 23,
appeared in a black-and-white striped prison jumpsuit
more than 1,200 miles away in Tulsa
and spoke to the judge through an interpreter.

'We'll send people out and bring him back here
and he'll be booked into our jail here in Harford County',
Sheriff Jeff Gahler told WJZ Investigator Mike Hellgren following the hearing."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member