Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023 #3 *Arrest*

WMAR news - video & print article about Othram.

BEL AIR, Md. — It was a DNA dead end.

That's how Dr. Kristen Mittelman described Rachel Morin's murder investigation.

"A lot of the times these perpetrators are not in the database, as in this case. Victor was not in the database," she recalled in an interview with WMAR-2 News' Elizabeth Worthington on Tuesday.

More at link.

JUN 18, 2024
For 10 months since Rachel Morin’s murder along the MA & PA Trail, some people, like SL, were hesitant to return to the area.

“In the beginning, I was very nervous about it. Yes, because we didn’t know if it was a stalker or if it was somebody around here,” said SL, “It turns out that it was a random, vicious animal. A horrendous act.”

The Harford County Sheriff’s Office is still posting deputies along the trail and signs have gone up since the arrest.

[...]

“He had someone who probably, and we thought all along, recognized the video footage, knew about this case, maybe thought it might have been him, but weren’t confident enough that they wanted to pick up the phone and call the police,” said Gahler, “so I’m asking those people, now that we have a name and have a lot more pictures, if something goes off in your head, don’t think that just because he’s in custody that we’re done.”

[...]

JUN 19, 2024
Victor Martinez Hernandez, the undocumented migrant suspected of murdering Maryland mom Rachel Morin, is expected to be extradited to Maryland on Thursday, WJZ has learned.

JUN 19, 2024
Ten months after the brutal beating of Rachel Morin, her suspected killer was reportedly living in a densely populated suburb, just a short drive from several schools, churches and an airport.

More specifically, a search warrant uncovered by WBFF revealed that 23-year-old Victor Martinez-Hernandez, an illegal immigrant, was believed to be renting a small brick home along the 8100 block of East 15th Street in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Following his arrest at a bar just down the street, Tulsa Police searched the residence intending to find knives and other deadly weapons. Instead, investigators found a laptop, sketchbook and a driver’s registration from El Salvador, his alleged home country. They also found bus tickets and a metro card, seemingly from his many travels in the last year.

JUN 19, 2024
Ten months after the brutal beating of Rachel Morin, her suspected killer was reportedly living in a densely populated suburb, just a short drive from several schools, churches and an airport.

More specifically, a search warrant uncovered by WBFF revealed that 23-year-old Victor Martinez-Hernandez, an illegal immigrant, was believed to be renting a small brick home along the 8100 block of East 15th Street in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Following his arrest at a bar just down the street, Tulsa Police searched the residence intending to find knives and other deadly weapons. Instead, investigators found a laptop, sketchbook and a driver’s registration from El Salvador, his alleged home country. They also found bus tickets and a metro card, seemingly from his many travels in the last year.
Whoa, not at all what I expected. I thought Tulsa was just the next stop on his continuing trip around the country. Never ever thought he was living here! So he was just at his neighborhood bar. Not traveling at all. He was home. Yuck!

Whoa, not at all what I expected. I thought Tulsa was just the next stop on his continuing trip around the country. Never ever thought he was living here! So he was just at his neighborhood bar. Not traveling at all. He was home. Yuck!
This gave me the chills: "...just a short drive from several schools..." EEK!

so we still don't know how they were able to identify him? they linked him to another crime but his DNA was not in the database so they had video of him from that crime but no identity

did someone tip them off as to who he is or did Othram find his relatives through DNA and they identified him?

so we still don't know how they were able to identify him? they linked him to another crime but his DNA was not in the database so they had video of him from that crime but no identity

did someone tip them off as to who he is or did Othram find his relatives through DNA and they identified him?
He was found through DNA testing and genetic genealogy.

JUN 20, 2024
VICTOR.JPG
[...]

U.S. Homeland Security Police extracted Victor Martinez-Hernandez from the Tulsa County jail around 5:40am Central Time, according to Douglas Braff, a reporter with our sister station KJRH.

The Harford County Sheriff's Office is estimating Hernandez to arrive in Maryland closer to noon Eastern Time.

Hernandez will have his first bail review via Zoom from the Harford County Detention Center on June 21 at 1pm.

[...]

"The Judge will also assess the defendant’s prior court appearances, family ties, employment status, and community ties," said Morin family attorney Randolph Rice. "Additionally, the Judge will examine any safety concerns for the alleged victim, recommendations from the State’s Attorney, and the potential danger the defendant poses to the community. These factors collectively help ensure a balanced decision regarding the defendant's pretrial status."

[...]

About Tulsa. I wouldn't be surprised if someone snitched on him, and if so, good for the person!

Even gang members should not have much respect for a rapist who attacked a child and killed two women. Members of the gangs are scary, and some end up spending their lives behind bars, but essentially, they are guys from poorer neighborhoods. They have mothers, women, children and sisters. Perhaps their families are the only people they love. This guy, who preys on women and children...no one should feel allegiance to him, except for perhaps own family. We may never know how they found him, but who'd protect this coward? He ran as soon a young man appeared in LA home. It means, he attacks only women and kids.
I have speculated (and continue to speculate) that this is the reason for the discrepancy in the reporting over whether the LA attack was sexual in nature (combined with just respecting the privacy of the victims, but that wouldn’t explain LE affirmatively lying about that detail). I thought that law enforcement might have felt it would be irresponsible to essentially put a target on this guy’s back, especially given 1) the very high chance people in that neighborhood would prefer to take justice into their own hands rather than contact the police; 2) the high chance for mistaken identity based on at best a profile view of him; and 3) the irrelevancy of that detail in this particular context.

I was just reading a news story where this very thing happened in New York — wanted posters were put up, and the guy got beat up by people in the neighborhood who recognized him. That’s also what happened with the Night Stalker, though in that case I don’t think anyone minded, for good reason.

BEL AIR, Md. —
A man from El Salvador who is charged in connection with a Harford County mother's killing last year is back in Maryland.

[…]

"The investigators continue to work diligently to follow up on information we're learning, putting pieces together about what brought him here," Gahler told 11 News. "We have some ideas we're not going to speak about just yet. We have some ideas as to why he was here in this community."

[…]

He was in Maryland until last month; right under their noses. Wow.

Noting:

Martinez Hernandez's family members told detectives he had been staying with them from December 2023 until May 2024.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rouark50
Back