Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
NewsNation -- Dan Abrams with the family's attorney.

Nov 15

No new information. Dan Abrams said he thought the suspect would be identified within a week after the pictures were made public, and he's amazed there is still no ID. The case is solvable and they will keep doing updates in order to keep it in front of the public.

Rachel Morin’s Brother Visits Dark Tunnel Where Mom of 5 Was Found Murdered: ‘Did She Feel Hopeless?’​

In an emotional moment, Rachel Morin's brother visited the tunnel where the mother of five was murdered along a popular hiking trail in Maryland three months ago.

"This is the final resting place of Rachel," Michael says in the YouTube video published this week by Storytellers.

The footage shows the massive tunnel located near the Ma & Pa Heritage Hiking Trail in Bel Air, Maryland, where Morin, 37, was found dead the morning after she was reported missing on Aug. 5.

"I think about her lying here," Michael said in the video while walking through the dark tunnel.

The area appeared to have no light source other than the sunlight shining at the tunnel's end.

And IIRC, the family house he was videoed leaving from housed an Hispanic family. I always assumed that Spanish was spoken in that incident, confirming the attacker was Hispanic himself.
Adding to this, the area is roughly 98% black or Hispanic and heavily dominated by territorial gangs. Non-Hispanic is very unlikely for that reason alone. This is not an area you walk around at night at the best of times.

Rachel Morin investigation: Letters sent to Los Angeles high schools in hopes of identifying killer​

I can’t begin to imagine how frustrating this case must be for the family.

There seems to be no movement (well not disclosed to the media anyway)

I have fears that this case is sadly going to become a ‘cold case’

Rachel Morin investigation: Letters sent to Los Angeles high schools in hopes of identifying killer​

I'm sad the family had to go to this level of effort ...

Harford County Sheriff Jeff Gahler told The Messenger that he feared the suspect could become a serial killer.

"Although one is a homicide and one is an assault, a serious assault, there are aspects of the crimes that are similar," Gahler told The Messenger of the incidents in L.A. and Maryland. "I think we're probably lucky that we're not dealing with two homicides."

Authorities are still looking for the suspect, and the family is working with attorney Randolph Rice on other efforts to assist the search, such as a digital campaign to reach people who may not speak English as a first language.

In November, the family distributed 10,000 flyers around Los Angeles with information about the case.

"Someone in that community knows him, and we are hopeful they have the courage to speak up and identify the suspect," Randolph Rice told The Messenger.

"We are trying every tactic to keep the story alive and get that image in front of as many people as possible to catch him before he kills again," he added.

I think the thing that frustrates me the most about this guy is that I have a strong feeling someone who lives at the Los Angeles residence where the minor was assaulted (or was in the house when the incident occurred) knows exactly who this person is but doesn't want to name them.

There's a high level of gang activity in that area. In the past two months alone, there have been 10 homicides, 16 rapes, 185 robberies, 318 aggravated assaults, 92 burglaries, 393 motor vehicle thefts, 168 thefts from a motor vehicle, 119 other thefts, 55 shots fired, and 35 shooting victims (according to statistics reported by this precinct). https://lapdonlinestrgeacc.blob.core.usgovcloudapi.net/lapdonlinemedia/sstprof.pdf

There's a reason Rachel's poster says the suspect is "believed to have ties to the Los Angeles area". If the suspect has ties to any of the gangs that operate within this neighborhood, those who know his identity may fear retaliation if they give up his name -- not just from the suspect himself but also his associates. It makes for an almost impossible situation.

I hope I'm wrong.

Well, yes. To add, the other person might be a minor, but some minors from bad neighborhoods have serious problems in lives. I once knew a minor, who was 13, religious, and very nice person, who was “passed over” to “protect” when their adult BF went to jail (to his best friend). (Such rules exist in many criminal communities. I know a someone here whose relative back home married a woman he was “likewise” protecting when her long-term BF went in for a long time. The difference is, the woman is an adult, not a minor, just was a woman in the crime world that has its laws.) But knowing how hard the word of some minors might be, I wouldn’t be surprised if LA police are protecting the assaulted minor in RM’s case, because, indeed, not only is it in no way the minor’s fault, but also the minor might be in danger now. I wouldn’t be surprised if mentally they are unwell after all of this, too. A killed woman, an assaulted minor, and the back of the guy who walks like he knows that he shouldn’t be here, but still, pretty much like the boss. Not nice.

I can only guess, but I assume the police knows the “style” he prefers. Probably, petite, lithe, fit. As to hair, Rachel, IMHO, was not a natural blonde, but good, thick hair. She looked younger than her age, but he likes younger people, it seems. JMO. RIP, Rachel. Wish police good luck with both cases.

ABINGDON, Md. -- A Harford County pizzeria held a fundraiser on Black Friday for the children of a woman who was found dead along a popular trailway in August.

Box Hill Pizzeria & Crab Cakes in Abingdon is donating 10% of the sales made by the restaurant to Morin's family.

The goal of the fundraiser was to raise enough money for Rachel's children to have a special Christmas.

In September, the family-run restaurant Box Hill Pizzeria and Crab Cakes in Abingdon made a decision that Nov. 24 would be dedicated to Morin. People packed the restaurant Friday for the fundraiser.

"When we first heard about it, yes, it's about, 'Oh my heavens,' and the safety of the community and this and that, but you know, does anybody think about the children?" said Milissa Lester, Box Hill's director of sales and marketing.

"Ten percent of every check that comes in this door all day long -- shipping, online ordering, our marketplace next door, everything. So, we're just really hoping to give these kids a good Christmas," Nico Kanaras said.

Morin's older sister, Rebekah Morin, said the money will go toward presents and a trust set up for the children.

His hair cut.

Seeing photos of the young palestinian men ithey have the same cut.

Just a thought that he may not be South America.

Jmo
South America is huge, and has exceptionally different phenotypes. About him, I'd rather say, Mesoamerican, the second possibility would be Pacific Islander. But, whoever did DNA tests, likely, knows, although it might be still not 100%. Not Arab - JMO.

South America is huge, and has exceptionally different phenotypes. About him, I'd rather say, Mesoamerican, the second possibility would be Pacific Islander. But, whoever did DNA tests, likely, knows, although it might be still not 100%. Not Arab - JMO.
Agree. Does not look ME to me!
As someone who is myself, and has a ME father, brother, sons who are part ME and and also 1/2 Latino, I will say that he isn't ME. I won't get into specifics, but he looks mostly Mesoamerican.

Updated 11/25/23

Rachel Morin was a young single mom and fitness enthusiast who loved spending time with her family and exploring the outdoors around her home in Maryland.

In the late summer, the 37-year-old mother of five kids, ages of 7 through 18, was found dead the morning after she went for a hike in a place she believed was safe and that she loved and knew well.

"She was on the trail regularly — sometimes walking, sometimes jogging — but very regularly, she was by herself," a family spokesperson said of Rachel's habit of visiting the Ma & Pa Heritage Trail in Bel Air, Md. "Just to have a sense of solitude and reflection — that's where she would go."

More at link...

According to the Harford County executive's office, the camera system will be able to detect unusual activity and help find specific persons or vehicles of interest.

"The terrible murder of Rachel Morin shocked our community, and we know that nothing can make up for her loss," Harford County Executive Bob Cassilly said in a statement. "What we can do is increase security on our most popular trail and continue encouraging citizens to look out for one another and keep themselves safe."

The system will cover almost 2 miles of the Ma and Pa Trail from the Williams Street trailhead to North Tollgate Road, focusing on the more isolated stretches along the trail.

Data collected will be securely stored and made accessible to law enforcement and emergency first responders, the county executive's office said.

Kudos to Rachel’s family lawyers for continuing the investigation:

“Lawyers representing Morin's family, from the firm Rice, Murtha, Psoras, had 'heartfelt and personalized' letters delivered to principals of five high school in Los Angeles near where the suspect was observed on the security camera footage.”
The letter were sent to John C. Fremont High School, Dr. Maya Angelou Community Senior High, Augustus F. Hawkins High School, Mervyn M. Dymally High School, and South East High School.”
“In addition to the letters, reward flyers were included in both English and Spanish, according to a release from the firm.”
"We know the suspect is approximately 20-30 years old, and he may have attended high school around the crime scene in Los Angeles," said Attorney Randolph Rice. "We are hopeful a former teacher, staff, or student recognizes the image and can identify the man."

(Article is from a Fox affiliate, so ok to post, per my understanding)

August 23rd 2023
1702170179965.png

1702170069400.png
1702170119316.png
''He is described as being of Hispanic descent, 5'9', 160 lbs., and between 20 and 30 years old. Investigators believe he was involved in violent crimes in Los Angeles, and possibly other states.''

''If you have any information, submit a tip to Metro Crime Stoppers at 1-866-7-LOCKUP, or by clicking here. Tips to Metro Crime Stoppers are anonymous.''

According to the flyers the family lawyers are having distributed in L. A. , the suspect did sexually assault the victim in the home invasion. Was that publicized earlier?

I am not able to paste the wanted flyer here, but it’s in the article below and states:

“Please contact the police if you can identify this man. He sexually assaulted a woman in your neighborhood in March, and in August he killed Rachel Morin in Maryland”

According to the flyers the family lawyers are having distributed in L. A. , the suspect did sexually assault the victim in the home invasion. Was that publicized earlier?

I am not able to paste the wanted flyer here, but it’s in the article below and states:

“Please contact the police if you can identify this man. He sexually assaulted a woman in your neighborhood in March, and in August he killed Rachel Morin in Maryland”

The wanted flyer….

Attachments

• IMG_0394.jpeg
    IMG_0394.jpeg
    116.3 KB · Views: 25

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads