Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sheriff said they will not say anything about the victim or her family in LA.

Must be a minor. Protected person. And, it sounds like a victim of a SA. Bc insofar as home invasions go, this guy walked out the door with nothing - and half dressed.

He victimized that person but he did not kill her. What this means? I don't know. But it seems a disconnect.

jmo

Last edited:
My observations only:

This guy, at least in March, was very physically fit. Precision haircut. No discernible tattoos or other markings. Clothes not dirty as if he is homeless. Gold chain around his neck.

Who the heck is this guy?

He calmly walked away. Don't you think he'd run and not stop to talk? JMO
Quite possible the innocent victim played along, as she is still alive - and his parting words at the door were - Remember you call the cops and I come back for you. And obviously this guy has nerves of steel. jmo

He makes me physically ill.

Just a reply to this thread after watching the Sherriff's update. Sad they don't have his name.

Don't know why, but a big part of me is not that surprised. I've always thought it was random. Not anyone local.

Yes, it's a long distance obviously from LA. He seems to be described as "in his early to mid-twenties".
So wishing I had a better feeling about him being captured very soon.

Doubting he even had a reason to be near the Ma and Pa trail, unless it involved drugs in some way...and even that its far-fetched IMHO.

If they don't catch this "hispanic-looking male perp" soon, there will be other crimes to follow. Now that they are certain, via DNA, that he has killed once, he may kill again. May be responsible for attacks or murders before and not been caught. No DNA hits on those for some reason. Or he may be escalating, which is very frightening.

Where did he go? Literally he did not seem afraid at all in the video footage of the LA attack. Also, attacking a young girl, as LE says, is very concerning.

---Back to step one, the beginning. He is obviously "in the air" and may turn up anywhere, or nowhere at all.---

-totally different circumstance, visions of dear Mollie Tibbetts in my mind-

Hoping for a quick apprehension, although not at all certain this will happen.

So sorry RM and especially for your children.

May your family have some peace in their planned memorial tomorrow.

Chi
Hoping if they can get those photos published nationwide, someone who knew him a few months ago when he had that haircut may speak up.

Right, so why don't they know his name?

Must be a minor. Protected person. And, it sounds like a victim of a SA. Bc insofar as home invasions go, this guy walked out the door with nothing - and half dressed.

jmo
They have video of him and his DNA, but they can't yet connect that to a name. Not sure I'd assume he is a minor.

As a poster said earlier, I'd not be surprised if genealogy plays a roll in identifying him.
JMO

This is good info. Someone, or many people, know a guy who looks like him who was in CA in March and MD in August. That’s not a quick or cheap trip. Reg flags are going up and I hope someone is brave enough to speak out.
Agree. And, he doesn't look homeless or destitute imo with that probable gym membership, gold chain, and (i would guess expensive) haircut.

jmo

Quite possible the innocent victim played along, as she is still alive - and his parting wordsat the door were - Remember you call the cops and I come back for you. And obviously this guy has nerves of steel. jmo

He makes me physically ill.
Yes. We don't know the circumstances. He may have threatened her. She may have been in fear of her life, so reacted by complying and staying calm (for lack of a better word.) He may have taken her phone.

I did some digging. No success yet, other than a home invasion in Woodland Hills in March, but that girl escaped and ran.
The street looks quite anonymous, urban area.

What on earth was this guy doing in a quiet safe neighbourhood in Maryland?

Such a brutal murder, random as I half expected though certainly not by some from LA.

That's the only thing I can think of, but it's weird she would be seeing him to the door.
Afraid? Doing what she was told? Or, does she maybe know him and has been afraid to say all of this time but maybe might now once she hears he is no longer in the state and is clear across the country ... or was 12 days ago, at least.

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member