Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True but the people who know him will not necessarily be aware of the case. I have mentioned the case to a couple friends who follow A lot of news sources (online and TV) and they never heard of the case. Most people are not true crime buffs.

I bet they will now. I bet it's all over the news there. Remember, they still have an open case. They still have a vested interest.

Think about it. We are all aware that he has been linked to another crime now. I'm sure they will be informed the same.

jmo

Yes. We don't know the circumstances. He may have threatened her. She may have been in fear of her life, so reacted by complying and staying calm (for lack of a better word.) He may have taken her phone.

I did some digging. No success yet, other than a home invasion in Woodland Hills in March, but that girl escaped and ran.
The street looks quite anonymous, urban area.

What on earth was this guy doing in a quiet safe neighbourhood in Maryland?

Such a brutal murder, random as I half expected though certainly not by some from LA.
BBM Above
He could easily be from anywhere.
Even maybe live in maryland and happened to be visiting or working in LA in March. Or neither - just a guy who goes where he can find work. He appears physically fit. Could be a guy who does physical labor so that keeps him in shape. I am hopeful, like we all are, that the picture/video gets out all over and he is recognized quickly. It is enough to identify him if you know him for sure. JMO

BBM Above
He could easily be from anywhere.
Even maybe live in maryland and happened to be visiting or working in LA in March. Or neither - just a guy who goes where he can find work. He appears physically fit. Could be a guy who does physical labor so that keeps him in shape. I am hopeful, like we all are, that the picture/video gets out all over and he is recognized quickly. It is enough to identify him if you know him for sure. JMO
Yes true.
I wonder if investigating any recent temporary workers were hired in the area would be worth it. Construction in the Bel Air area, or whatever. Long shot maybe.

Must be a minor. Protected person. And, it sounds like a victim of a SA. Bc insofar as home invasions go, this guy walked out the door with nothing - and half dressed.

He victimized that person but he did not kill her. What this means? I don't know. But it seems a disconnect.

jmo
She might have been young enough not to fight back…maybe frozen in fear, perhaps preventing him from needing/wanting to kill her.

In addition to his identity, the other thing I wonder is what happened to bring him from LA to the out of the way, Ma & Pa Trail in Maryland?

JMO
My guess fleeing the jurisdiction from his LA crime. Would be interesting to learn if he stalked her social. Bel Air, Maine seems random in itself. That's why their cooperation with the community is impt. See if he had family in the area.

Last edited:
Must be a minor. Protected person. And, it sounds like a victim of a SA. Bc insofar as home invasions go, this guy walked out the door with nothing - and half dressed.

He victimized that person but he did not kill her. What this means? I don't know. But it seems a disconnect.

jmo
BBM

IMO I think the fact he did not kill the victim in LA but did kill Rachel shows he is escalating. If the LA victim is in fact a young girl, she may have been an easy target as he likely assumed she wouldn’t/couldn’t fight back. I suspect his success in the LA attack gave him the confidence to become more violent/brazen (I.e., attacking an adult woman in a public place and then escalating to murder). MOO.

It looks like a little kids arm, which is consistent with an 11 y/o victim. Unless I’m missing something.
The kid would be too tall then. The arm inside is parallel to the area around the lock, suggesting someone almost same size as the guy outside the door. And it looks like there was some exchange between the 2 (handed off something?).

BBM

IMO I think the fact he did not kill the victim in LA but did kill Rachel shows he is escalating. If the LA victim is in fact a young girl, she may have been an easy target as he likely assumed she wouldn’t/couldn’t fight back. I suspect his success in the LA attack gave him the confidence to become more violent/brazen (I.e., attacking an adult woman in a public place and then escalating to murder). MOO.

Very good point.

The kid would be too tall then. The arm inside is parallel to the area around the lock, suggesting someone almost same size as the guy outside the door. And it looks like there was some exchange between the 2 (handed off something?).
We’ll just have to agree to disagree. The door swings open and away from the man, so I could see how the perspective could be confusing but that is a child closing the door.

They have video of him and his DNA, but they can't yet connect that to a name. Not sure I'd assume he is a minor.

As a poster said earlier, I'd not be surprised if genealogy plays a roll in identifying him.
JMO
This part of that post you quoted on me "Right, so why don't they know his name?"
That wasn't mine. I meant to respond to another poster and then lost that post not realizing it was still attached in my next reply (I had already gone back and edited).

But since you brought it up, whoever it was who asked this Q (and I apologize for not remembering) here is what I intended to link.

No names or other personal identifiers of the offenders, arrestees, or detainees are stored using the CODIS software (for missing persons records stored at NDIS, available metadata, such as the date of birth, may be included.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knoop