Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tobin, 27, hinted at his lengthy history with law enforcement — including two arrests for criminal second-degree assault, malicious destruction of property, drug possession, and violating restraining orders, according to court records.
Hmmm

Interesting, for sure.

But......

Then again, I thought poor Shane Carey was the possible suspect in Heidi Broussard case.

But SC didnt have this past life.

I feel so sad that this keeps happening !!!

I have a question. Do we know for certain that she ever went to that trail as opposed to being placed there some time later (as in after dark)?

I see from the report that they are asking for video footage. Has anyone else come forward before this time to say "Yeah, I saw her [at/enter the trail around 6 pm]?

I have a question. Do we know for certain that she ever went to that trail as opposed to being placed there some time later?

I see from the report that they are asking for video footage. Has anyone else come forward before this time to say "Yeah, I saw her [at/enter the trail around 6 pm]?

This is exactly what I’m wondering. what if someone brought her and her car there? I wonder if anyone ever saw her at the park or if any cameras caught her..

Last edited:
This is exactly what I’m wondering. what if someone brought her and her car there? I wonder if anyone ever saw her at the park or if any cameras caught her..

Yes. The CBS news report I posted above accepts as fact that she went there at 6. But, do we really know this? That's what I'm wondering too. Seems this is what LE was "told."

jmo

Minutes away and mere hours before Rachel. LE says no connection. This is curious. I didn't see a thread for her.

"Gahler fielded questions about another missing person, 58-year-old Karen Elliott, who was last seen entering a wooded area along Cypress Drive and had yet to be found after a two-day search. He said the two cases are “completely unrelated.”

Yes. The CBS news report I posted above accepts as fact that she went there at 6. But, do we really know this? That's what I'm wondering too. Seems this is what LE was "told."

jmo
I thought it had been stated that she was seen on camera entering the trail? At the parking lot?
But I don't remember where. Maybe I'm wrong and LE was only "told". If there is no factual proof, then that certainly opens another possible timeline.

Are there cameras from the residence to the trail? Vehicle activity? Maybe private home surveillance cameras on the street she lives at?

I thought it had been stated that she was seen on camera entering the trail? At the parking lot?
But I don't remember where. Maybe I'm wrong and LE was only "told". If there is no factual proof, then that certainly opens another possible timeline.

Are there cameras from the residence to the trail? Vehicle activity? Maybe private home surveillance cameras on the street she lives at?
[BBM] That's what I've been wondering. Thank you.

Does it strike anyone else as important that the trail is open? I'm wondering if the trail is open because LE doesn't think this is a random act that poses a danger to the public but rather a targeted attack of Rachel by someone known. I know they are patrolling the trail but I can't help but think it means something that they don't seem to be overly concerned that someone is on the loose randomly targeting people. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

MOO

Minutes away and mere hours before Rachel. LE says no connection. This is curious. I didn't see a thread for her.

"Gahler fielded questions about another missing person, 58-year-old Karen Elliott, who was last seen entering a wooded area along Cypress Drive and had yet to be found after a two-day search. He said the two cases are “completely unrelated.”

According to the Harford County Sheriff's Office FB page, Karen Elliot was found alive and unharmed, yesterday Aug 7.

The following comment from the Sheriff is interesting .... with all the calls for video and photo and anything folks can contribute ... and the statement that they don't have a solid suspect ... stressing that he doesn't think there is a threat is well ... telling. Don't you think? MOO

“We don’t have one solid suspect in this case,” Gahler said in an interview. While the sheriff advised residents to be cautious and pay attention to their surroundings, he stressed that he did not think there was a threat to the broader Bel Air community.
The Baltimore Banner Updated August 8, 2023

The following comment from the Sheriff is interesting .... with all the calls for video and photo and anything folks can contribute ... and the statement that they don't have a solid suspect ... stressing that he doesn't think there is a threat is well ... telling. Don't you think? MOO

“We don’t have one solid suspect in this case,” Gahler said in an interview. While the sheriff advised residents to be cautious and pay attention to their surroundings, he stressed that he did not think there was a threat to the broader Bel Air community.
I thought initially they said that a volunteer found her body

"After an extensive search for Morin, police put out a call to the community to help locate her. Just after 1 p.m. Sunday, someone called them saying they found a body off the trail."

but this article says police found her:

"BALTIMORE - There was a heavy law enforcement presence on the Ma and Pa Trail in Bel Air on Monday, one day after deputies found the body of 37-year-old Rachel Morin, a mother of five."Bel Air on edge after body of mother of five, Rachel Morin, was found on popular trail

Imprecise reporting or ? Seems that they have not closed the trail.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
'
[...]

MG, whose daughter was friends with 37-year-old Rachel, joined the search and called police when he discovered her body in a drain in a tunnel on the Ma and Pa trail in Maryland.

The way in which the mother-of-five's body was found caused cops to launch a homicide investigation - even before formal identification of the corpse was completed.

Speaking about his search efforts, local MG told WMAR: 'I got down and searched the tunnels because I had a feeling about these tunnels.

'And I walked forward to search the one tunnel, and they searched the one, and that's where they found her.

[...]

1691556355029.png

1691556400603.png

(Police have not confirmed the specific location where Rachel was found)

Last edited by a moderator:

It doesn’t tell much. Consider that in the Moscow Idaho quadruple murder LE said much the same thing.

It seems to be a standard statement in any case where LE doesn’t think there’ll be another murder the next day.

MOO

Does it strike anyone else as important that the trail is open? I'm wondering if the trail is open because LE doesn't think this is a random act that poses a danger to the public but rather a targeted attack of Rachel by someone known. I know they are patrolling the trail but I can't help but think it means something that they don't seem to be overly concerned that someone is on the loose randomly targeting people. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

MOO

Yes. Perhaps the wounds on Rachel’s body point to a more personal motive.

JMO

She’s been found. They were completely unrelated. I don’t know why that article you attached said she was deceased. She was alive. 9D7AF48D-7C22-48D9-A111-7435F4892467.png

Last edited:
I kind of wish this friends father wasn’t speaking out about how & where they found her. That’s information the LE wanted to keep close until they have a suspect? The daily mail again pushes the story.
I wonder if he knows how sketchy he seems. People should learn that doing this kind of stuff just makes THEM look suspicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nordlander