Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh. Some of those comments are quite frankly repulsive.
Keyboard Warriors. The kind who post trash anonymously but face to face wouldnt dare say anything so vile.
Should be some sort of criminal charge in those incidences but that's JMO

Feel sick reading some of those.

Hope Rachel's children and close family are receiving all the love and support they need. Deepest sympathies for them. ♥

moo
Agreed. Totally inappropriate comments. The internet can be a dark place.

I think some people want very badly to believe that some person she knew did this to her...because that means if you don't let the wrong people in your life, you are safe...and this won't happen to you or your loved ones. The alternative is that a stranger may have been out hunting that day, and may have prayed upon the smallest most venerable individual they came across...and in that scenario no one is safe...and some people don't like the anxiety that alternative provokes in them.

People seem to be ignoring the obvious...she was very petite (5'2" 100 lbs), alone, and wearing running clothes that probably made it easy to tell that she was likely not carrying a concealed self-defense weapon on her person. These are things that a potential predator may be looking for in deciding which target they are going to select. Predators are generally looking for a victim that will be less difficult for them to control.

JMO

Last edited:
Last edited:

Sheriff Gahler just posted this.

Jeff Gahler is very no nonsense in his approach to law enforcement in the county. imo
Thanks for the link !
Sounds like the case is in competent hands.

I'm getting a feeling that LE are leaning more towards a crime of opportunity, aka a random attacker ?
I believe it will be solved and there'll be justice for Rachel !
Omo.

Something just doesn't sit right with me regarding the guy that found her body. To tell the police to search the tunnels, before her body was found in the very same tunnel is really odd. I think I would be looking closer at him to see where he was at the time of her disappearance. Rachel was known to him, through his daughter. Perhaps he had an obsession.

JMO

Mr Gabriszeski said he told police to search tunnels that exist around the Ma and Pa Trail because he had a bad feeling about them.

“I kept telling them to search the tunnels because I had a feeling about those tunnels,” Mr Gabriszeski said.

“I walked forward to search the one tunnel, and they searched the one, and that’s where they found her.”

Mr Gabriszeski reported Morin’s body to the police around 1.30pm on Sunday. The Bel Air mother was found in a tunnel off of a trail.

Something just doesn't sit right with me regarding the guy that found her body. To tell the police to search the tunnels, before her body was found in the very same tunnel is really odd. I think I would be looking closer at him to see where he was at the time of her disappearance. Rachel was known to him, through his daughter. Perhaps he had an obsession.

JMO

Mr Gabriszeski said he told police to search tunnels that exist around the Ma and Pa Trail because he had a bad feeling about them.

“I kept telling them to search the tunnels because I had a feeling about those tunnels,” Mr Gabriszeski said.

“I walked forward to search the one tunnel, and they searched the one, and that’s where they found her.”

Mr Gabriszeski reported Morin’s body to the police around 1.30pm on Sunday. The Bel Air mother was found in a tunnel off of a trail.

After viewing maps of the trail over and over, I suggested the tunnel iirc 2 days ago.

JMO

Another thing that I thought was odd, was that bc of how the condition of her remains were, suggested to him that she had been murdered.

Agreed. Totally inappropriate comments. The internet can be a dark place.

I think some people want very badly to believe that some person she knew did this to her...because that means if you don't let the wrong people in your life, you are safe...and this won't happen to you or your loved ones. The alternative is that a stranger may have been out hunting that day, and may have prayed upon the smallest most venerable individual they came across...and in that scenario no one is safe...and some people don't like the anxiety that alternative provokes in them.

People seem to be ignoring the obvious...she was very petite (5'2" 100 lbs), alone, and wearing running clothes that probably made it easy to tell that she was likely not carrying a concealed self-defense weapon on her person. These are things that a potential predator may be looking for in deciding which target they are going to select. Predators are generally looking for a victim that will be less difficult for them to control.

JMO
Those are all points, but the obvious is that the most recent statistics in the US (2021 is the most recent I've found on numerous sites) say that women were murdered by someone they know 76%-88% of the time (some relationships are unknown so they're a gray area). Here's one source.

Those are all points, but the obvious is that the most recent statistics in the US (2021 is the most recent I've found on numerous sites) say that women were murdered by someone they know 76%-88% of the time (some relationships are unknown so they're a gray area). Here's one source.

Not just women, but people in general are usually killed by someone they know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member