Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something just doesn't sit right with me regarding the guy that found her body. To tell the police to search the tunnels, before her body was found in the very same tunnel is really odd. I think I would be looking closer at him to see where he was at the time of her disappearance. Rachel was known to him, through his daughter. Perhaps he had an obsession.

JMO

Mr Gabriszeski said he told police to search tunnels that exist around the Ma and Pa Trail because he had a bad feeling about them.

“I kept telling them to search the tunnels because I had a feeling about those tunnels,” Mr Gabriszeski said.

“I walked forward to search the one tunnel, and they searched the one, and that’s where they found her.”

Mr Gabriszeski reported Morin’s body to the police around 1.30pm on Sunday. The Bel Air mother was found in a tunnel off of a trail.

Wasn't it his daughter and her friend who found the body in the 2nd tunnel while he searched the 1st?

Wasn't it his daughter and her friend who found the body in the 2nd tunnel while he searched the 1st?
Yes, he searched one while telling his daughter and her friend to search the other. If for some reason he was involved, it's a nice little way to pretend you didn't know exactly where the body would be. I'm not of the opinion that he is involved, but it's a thought.

Those are all points, but the obvious is that the most recent statistics in the US (2021 is the most recent I've found on numerous sites) say that women were murdered by someone they know 76%-88% of the time (some relationships are unknown so they're a gray area). Here's one source.
YES. This Bureau of Justice Stats graphic speaks volumes about how uncommon stranger murder is for female victims specifically.

1691609191832.png

It was the police.

The friend's father kept on telling them to check the tunnels bc he had a feeling she was there.
According to the article, it was Mr Gabriszeski, who reported finding the body to the police. The same guy that told police earlier to search the tunnel, prior to searching those very tunnels himself and coming upon the body.

People who overly inject themselves into investigations are suspicious in my eyes and should be looked at. Anyone that locates a dead body also should be looked at. A person who injects themselves into an investigation and find the very body of a person who is missing, definatly needs to be looked at and eliminated as being a suspect.

JMO

From the article:

Mr Gabriszeski reported Morin’s body to the police around 1.30pm on Sunday.

Fully accept I many be wrong here, but I don't see the friends father as guilty of anything. The county north of Bel Air doesn't get a lot of crime, not of this type certainly. He's probably just excited about being on the news with some actual information.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed> That tunnel looks so creepy and sad.

My heart goes out to her, her family and friends …I can’t imagine what she must have been thinking or feeling. Poor woman!

Last edited by a moderator:
Below is the link to the Harford County Sherriff's Office FB page

"Together we will solve this crime and find the heinous coward who took Rachel Morin from her family and friends." - Sheriff Jeffrey R. Gahler

According to the article, it was Mr Gabriszeski, who reported finding the body to the police. The same guy that told police earlier to search the tunnel, prior to searching those very tunnels himself and coming upon the body.

People who overly inject themselves into investigations are suspicious in my eyes and should be looked at. Anyone that locates a dead body also should be looked at. A person who injects themselves into an investigation and find the very body of a person who is missing, definatly needs to be looked at and eliminated as being a suspect.

JMO

From the article:
He didn't find the body. This keeps getting misreported. From his own statement, the daughter and her friend found the body.

"“I walked forward to search the one tunnel, and they searched the [other] one, and that’s where they found her,” he said of his daughter and another friend." - Source

Also, according to the police scanner audio (I will try and find it again), a woman is the one who called it in (I won't use her name, but it was the friend).

Gahler said tips continue to pour in and thanked the public for their cooperation.
Some of your tips have been promising and tremendous in advancing the investigation and bringing us closer to getting the answers that we need, the answers that Rachel's family needs, and the answers that our community needs," he said. "Each tip helps bring the picture into focus, so I ask you to keep sending them in, even if it's something you think is insignificant, that might be the key piece of evidence we are looking for."
He also said 10 members of the department's Criminal Investigations Division are working on the case. He added that they interviewed Morin's boyfriend, who reported her missing Saturday night, as well as several other "people who are close to Rachel."

He didn't find the body. This keeps getting misreported. From his own statement, the daughter and her friend found the body.

"“I walked forward to search the one tunnel, and they searched the [other] one, and that’s where they found her,” he said of his daughter and another friend." - Source

Also, according to the police scanner audio (I will try and find it again), a woman is the one who called it in (I won't use her name, but it was the friend).
OK, he indirectly found the body.

He told police they should search the tunnels where her body was later located and he instructed his daughter and her friend to search one of those same tunnels where they found her body, while he searched the other tunnel. Just a coincidence or maybe more. Classic case of distancing if he is involved.

JMO

OK, he indirectly found the body.

He told police they should search the tunnels where her body was later located and he instructed his daughter and her friend to search one of those same tunnels where they found her body, while he searched the other tunnel. Just a coincidence or maybe more. Classic case of distancing if he is involved.

JMO
Oh I agree. If for some reason he were to be involved, it was 100% intentional to NOT be the one who found the body IMO. I'm leaning more towards a specific ex, but nothing would surprise me currently.

I heard the scanner, too. It was a female who reported finding the body.

Oh I agree. If for some reason he were to be involved, it was 100% intentional to NOT be the one who found the body IMO. I'm leaning more towards a specific ex, but nothing would surprise me currently.
I'm thinking more of a crime of opportunity.

Good looking women, no one around. Dirt bag grabs her, pulls her into the tunnel, beats her senseless to shut her up and has his way with her, then kills her.

Hopefully there is all kinds of DNA under her nails or sad to say elsewhere on her body.

Yes, he searched one while telling his daughter and her friend to search the other. If for some reason he was involved, it's a nice little way to pretend you didn't know exactly where the body would be. I'm not of the opinion that he is involved, but it's a thought.
And it wouldn't be the first time something like that happened, IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chefk