Found Deceased MD - Robin Pope, 51, Stevensville, Kent Island, 1 March 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Looks like they think it might be Robin Pope. From the sheriff's department Facebook announcement:

"Shortly before 3:30 p.m. today, Queen Anne’s County Emergency Communications received a 911 call from the 500-block of Bay Drive, Stevensville. The caller reported he had been fishing on a pier when he observed a body in the water near the shore.
Queen Anne’s County Sheriff’s Office deputies responded and contacted Maryland State Police investigators who have been investigating the disappearance of Robin L. Pope, 51, of Stevensville, Md. Pope was reported missing by her husband early on the morning of March 2, 2013. Multiple land and water searches and a continuing investigation since that time had failed to locate Pope."

Updated on sheriff's department facebook (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Queen-Annes-County-Office-of-the-Sheriff/272285886206): "Shortly before 3:30 p.m. today, Queen Anne’s County Emergency Communications received a 911 call from the 500-block of Bay Drive, Stevensville. The caller reported he had been fishing on a pier when he observed a body in the water near the shore.
Queen Anne’s County Sheriff’s Office deputies responded and contacted Maryland State Police investigators who have been investigating the disappearance of Robin L. Pope, 51, of Stevensville, Md. Pope was reported missing by her husband early on the morning of March 2, 2013. Multiple land and water searches and a continuing investigation since that time had failed to locate Pope."

ETA: Sorry, that link is bad. If you have a Facebook account, you can search for "Queen Anne's County Office of the Sheriff." It's an official website.

Thanks BloodHound Sleuther for the link.

http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/news/region/eastern_shore/female-body-found-on-kent-island
Posted: 8:35 PM

snip from article: "KENT ISLAND, Md. (WMAR) - Sources tell ABC2 a female body found on Kent Island Saturday evening appears to be Robin Pope.

The body appears to be the same size and weight as Pope, according to sources.

Maryland State Police say the body was found near the Kent Island Estates on 500 Bay Drive. The address near where the body was found is approximately three tenths of a mile from Pope's home.

Police have not confirmed if the body belonged to Pope, but say the state medical examiner is working to identify the body. ..... "

Read more: http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/news/region/eastern_shore/female-body-found-on-kent-island#ixzz2OPv7lL5j

Thoughts are with Robin's kids and family; especially tonight as they await word on identification. My head says it is possible the body is not RP; but my gut says it must be. So sad for everyone involved.

if this is her, i hope theyre able to quickly find out the COD so justice can be served if necessary!

This is really sad to hear. I know it hasn't been confirmed yet, but I have a sinking feeling it's her.

22 days and only 3/10ths of a mile away I guessing if it is Robins body ,it was somehow restricted from moving(weighed down, wedged somewhere ,etc.).I realize it takes a number of days for the gases inside a body to build up but even in the cold water if she fell in and drowned it would.imo. floated up earlier. Forensics will answer some questions undoubtedly.

22 days and only 3/10ths of a mile away I guessing if it is Robins body ,it was somehow restricted from moving(weighed down, wedged somewhere ,etc.).I realize it takes a number of days for the gases inside a body to build up but even in the cold water if she fell in and drowned it would.imo. floated up earlier. Forensics will answer some questions undoubtedly.

Yes, it seems very likely to be her. :(

It certainly could have been stuck or weighted, but Chesapeake Bay is a very large body of water. It could have been floating there for some time before anybody noticed it.

I checked in just to see if there were any updates. I'm so sorry to hear this news. Although I think we all thought this is where it would lead, it's always hard when it becomes a reality. I hope LE can figure out exactly what happened.

This is a photo I took last week, looking over at Kent Island from Sandy Point.

RIP, Karen...

attachment.php

Attachments

• Lighthouse_6840.jpg
    Lighthouse_6840.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 343
This was such sad news to hear. I know they haven't confirmed it is her yet, but I have a feeling that it must be. Although deep down I knew she was probably dead, I was still hoping they would find her alive. My family and I were on Kent Island today walking the trail and playing at a playground. We never heard or saw any police activity while there, but we left for home about 3pm and from the news reports it said the womans body wasn't found until 3:30 pm and wasn't pulled from the water until 6pm. Prayers to the family and may she RIP

My husband said the same thing.

I checked in just to see if there were any updates. I'm so sorry to hear this news. Although I think we all thought this is where it would lead, it's always hard when it becomes a reality. I hope LE can figure out exactly what happened.

This is a photo I took last week, looking over at Kent Island from Sandy Point.

RIP, Karen...

attachment.php

Beautiful picture.

This was such sad news to hear. I know they haven't confirmed it is her yet, but I have a feeling that it must be. Although deep down I knew she was probably dead, I was still hoping they would find her alive. My family and I were on Kent Island today walking the trail and playing at a playground. We never heard or saw any police activity while there, but we left for home about 3pm and from the news reports it said the womans body wasn't found until 3:30 pm and wasn't pulled from the water until 6pm. Prayers to the family and may she RIP

I was driving through there around two. All I could think of was Robin. I would have been thinking of her anyway, but it's strange they found a body on that day. I'm thinking of her girls today.

I was disappointed there was no search yesterday, but suppose if you have no idea where to look, after covering the places nearby and any suggested by tips, there would be no point. I knew of this discovery virtually as it happened and was asked to keep it to myself until they cleared the area. I was surprised nobody posted ahead of me, but respected my "source" enough to keep it under my hat until the Sheriff posted it on facebook. I am beginning to wonder if this might turn out to be something besides foul play...

Sad news. I was going to ask what the odds would be that it's anyone but Robin Pope, then I remembered on Long Island, the police finding a body, thinking it was Shannan Gilbert who had been missing for months. 10 bodies later, they finally found Shannan, so I'm not going to ask that question.

Weird how often women separate or leave their husbands, and they wind out missing and/or dead. Just thinking out loud.

Anyone who knows Robin, could she have been prone to suicide?? Just thinking of other alternatives. IMO, JMO, MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back