Found Deceased MD - Robin Pope, 51, Stevensville, Kent Island, 1 March 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think what Rachel's opinion is saying is that she thinks it's possible her father was capable of doing something to her mother. And with her mother dying mysteriously, she hasn't ruled out the option in her mind. I could be wrong but that's my take on it. FWIW.

Maybe he didn't have her number/ or her last name as it was Robin's friend (curious myself as to the distance between WP's house and Robin's friend and the distance to Robin's apt.. ) After finding her car/keys ,cell.,glasses in the car , why didn't he walk the waterfront to see if she was walking the dog ?How much time elapsed from when he discovered she wasn't at the house till he drove over to her friends?

These days, having a last name may help you find someone on facebook, but in my experience, next to impossible to get a phone number, since MANY people no longer have landlines that appear in the phone directory/directory assistance, but rely on cell phones. Often, a group of phones may be on an account under one name (a "family plan") and even if you COULD search, only this one person's name would be connected to all the phone numbers on the account.

Early on in the case, someone had responded on a newspaper or tv news website a quick post saying something like, "What about R's boyfriend?" I have seen nothing else about this and cannot now find where I saw this, but her having a love interest might add another dimension to the case. ~SNIP~

Another poster said there was NO boyfriend.

I agree. Maybe 25 miles in a more rural area would be close, but they are separated by Annapolis and the Bay Bridge. Seems like Robin's home is off the beaten path - and the manner of death is different. Whoever murdered Nicole did nothing to hide her or what they did to her, but we still don't know what happened to Robin. It could be an accident, or it could be murder. But if murder, whoever did it tried to cover their tracks.

Hope this makes sense... I just think there are more differences between these cases than 25 miles/40 minutes.

If Robin had been followed from Annapolis, it would be more reasonable to say the Davidsonville area is "local" to the locations she was know to have been that evening. If she had been coming from the other direction, say, Denton or St. Michael's, it would not even have been a blip on my radar. But I am sure BOTH women visited Annapolis on a fairly regular basis, and BOTH could have been followed home. Not that this DID happen, but that it COULD happen.

It's quite possible they both frequented The Jetty bar too... who knows. One thing I know for sure... no LE agency is talking!

How does Rachel's opinion tell anyone that it wasn't an accident? That just tells you - Rachel's opinion. It doesn't tell you anything at all about what actually happened. Just a guess but that is how I interpreted big_pimpin's statement.

This was the direct quote from Rachel. "this day will not bring closure only until the person responsible is brought to justice"

If she thinks someone responsible needs to be brought to justice, that in my opinion, does not imply Rachel thinks her mother's death was an accident.

She also stated the following. On her father Wayne Pope, I asked if she stood by him: "Um yes. Well yea. I just really don't want to answer that question now."

In my opinion, Rachel not wanting to answer the question as to weather or not she stands by her father is also quite telling, but again this is just my opinion.

Even though Rachel's opinion does not tell us what happened, obviously because nobody knows what happened unless they were there when the incident occurred, it does tell me that she believes for whatever reason that her mother's death was no accident.

Weather or not Rachel is correct on this, is impossible to determine at this point because we do not have the autopsy results yet. However, being that she is an insider and has direct knowledge of her mother and her father's relationship, behaviors, and probably has knowledge of her father's actions, attitude, and weather or not he was acting unusual after the incident occurred, I believe her opinion is not irrelevant.

At no point in time did I imply that Rachel's opinion tells us what happened. However, what she thinks is not of little or no value especially considering she has direct family knowledge, insight that none of the rest us have. JMO

Another body washed up today a few miles north or RPs. It's believed to be from a bridge jumper from several weeks ago so you can see how it takes a whole sometimes

Another body washed up today a few miles north or RPs. It's believed to be from a bridge jumper from several weeks ago so you can see how it takes a whole sometimes

I'm not so sure the decedent was a bridge jumper. There is a post on the Queen Ann's Office of the Sheriff facebook page from whoever administers that facebook page that said, the information about a jumper on March 22nd was just a rumor and that the body of the person found this morning is an unrelated incident.

That rumor you refer to was one started about WP jumping from the bridge which was BS

Someone jumped weeks before that, matter of fact this is the 2nd body that's been found in the last week or so not including RPs

I'm just showing that how it can take weeks or longer for a body to wash up on shore like I posted in my original post. Today's was 1 mile tops from the bridge and its been weeks

It's not an uncommon occurrence for us here

That rumor you refer to was one started about WP jumping from the bridge which was BS

Someone jumped weeks before that, matter of fact this is the 2nd body that's been found in the last week or so not including RPs

I'm just showing that how it can take weeks or longer for a body to wash up on shore like I posted in my original post. Today's was 1 mile tops from the bridge and its been weeks

It's not an uncommon occurrence for us here

Thanks for the clarification, I didn't even realize there was a rumor that was started about WP jumping from the bridge.

I had posted any article earlier in this thread which provides a really good explanation of the biology of drowning which also states that the typical amount of time it takes a body to surface in cold water generally is several weeks. I'll post the link again below in case anyone is interested.

http://www.operationtakemehome.org/sar/Fire and Rescue Personnel/Biology of drowning.pdf

Another poster said there was NO boyfriend.

If Robin had been followed from Annapolis, it would be more reasonable to say the Davidsonville area is "local" to the locations she was know to have been that evening. If she had been coming from the other direction, say, Denton or St. Michael's, it would not even have been a blip on my radar. But I am sure BOTH women visited Annapolis on a fairly regular basis, and BOTH could have been followed home. Not that this DID happen, but that it COULD happen.

You're right - it could. I guess what made me dismiss it was that Robin wasn't at her normal residence that evening and had been to a job interview, etc.

I did hear from one local that a there was a boyfriend, he participated in the search, and acted like a gangster. Whether this is true or not, I don't know. I haven't heard it anywhere else.

New here... but started following this thread about a week into RP's disappearance. So of course everything is IMO, MOO, and JMO....

I really wanted to join and express my opinion after seeing the recent interview from ABC2 with Rachael Pope the day of her mothers funeral. IMO when asked about standing by her father, she seemed flustered just a bit when answering and the fact that she did not automatically say she did not believe her father had something to do with this which again IMO tells me that even she questions his story. I can understand everyone else thinking maybe WP did have something to do with it but to think IMO that even she is questioning his story is very fishy. It all just sounds weird and the next day Rachael Pope's twitter said "the news put interesting excerpts in their story... So that's fun" ... Again not even saying anything to defend her father... Does anyone else agree? :banghead:

New here... but started following this thread about a week into RP's disappearance. So of course everything is IMO, MOO, and JMO....

I really wanted to join and express my opinion after seeing the recent interview from ABC2 with Rachael Pope the day of her mothers funeral. IMO when asked about standing by her father, she seemed flustered just a bit when answering and the fact that she did not automatically say she did not believe her father had something to do with this which again IMO tells me that even she questions his story. I can understand everyone else thinking maybe WP did have something to do with it but to think IMO that even she is questioning his story is very fishy. It all just sounds weird and the next day Rachael Pope's twitter said "the news put interesting excerpts in their story... So that's fun" ... Again not even saying anything to defend her father... Does anyone else agree? :banghead:

:Welcome1: Countrygal, ITA with your post. Rachael was in a position, as their daughter, to intimately know the dynamics of her family. She must have reasons for her concerns. Jmo, she speaks honestly without the emotional denial we usually see in cases like this.

Sure has been quiet on Robin Pope's death investigation.

Bumping for Robin

:Welcome1: Countrygal, ITA with your post. Rachael was in a position, as their daughter, to intimately know the dynamics of her family. She must have reasons for her concerns. Jmo, she speaks honestly without the emotional denial we usually see in cases like this.

BBM: Or the extreme finger pointing and accusations that go on in some families of the missing/deceased. IMO

So we haven't heard anything from the vet that did the necropsy as to why Bella died, and we haven't heard from the ME was to how Robin died. Hopefully that won't take much longer. IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pearl lemon
Back