Deceased/Not Found MD - Sarah, 3, & Jacob Hoggle, 2, Clarksburg, 9 Sept 2014 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
From 6 March 2019:

Thanks, HayLouise. No surprise here. Hoggle is still "not competent." She never will be unless they drop charges against her. Then, she'll have a miraculous recovery.

At this point, because she is "not competent", she cannot be released.

Next status hearing is June 10, 2019. Thank you MD residents, for paying your taxes. This is where they are going.

Thanks, HayLouise. No surprise here. Hoggle is still "not competent." She never will be unless they drop charges against her. Then, she'll have a miraculous recovery.

At this point, because she is "not competent", she cannot be released.

Next status hearing is June 10, 2019. Thank you MD residents, for paying your taxes. This is where they are going.

Forget about Catherine offering any help. That will never happen. I doubt her parents told her details because they didn't want her spilling the beans. I'm betting the children have been adopted together by a relative in another state. Investigators should be combing through adoption records instead of waiting for her sanity to return.

JMO

Do you remember anything from the week of September 7th, 2014 that could possibly lead us to our children's remains? Please comment, message us, anything. You can remain anonymous. We have offered reward money since the beginning. Our babies deserve to come home no matter what. #AVoiceforSarahandJacob #JusticeforSarahandJacob

Justice for Sarah and Jacob

I swear... this is the strangest child abduction case I've ever seen or heard of. So many layers to this, it's like trying to peel an onion. This goes way beyond Catherine Hoggle, to possibly involve another person or group of people who colluded, the Clifton T. Perkins hospital staff and administration, her Machiavellian attorney, and the court system in Montgomery County, MD. But here I am, sounding like a conspiracy theorist, when the real focus is and should always be on two sweet, innocent kids who are, in all probability, gone from the world.

P.S. Even if the case moves to trial before her release in a few years, I'm personally not confident that Catherine will even be able to recall many details of what exactly she did, due to psychosis (at the time) plus the amount of time that's gone by. The reason people have to be brought to competency in order to testify is because psychosis will cloud an individual's memory of an event, until they "snap out of it," in layman's terms. But episodes of psychosis never, or rarely, last this long. And now a second, independent evaluation has been denied...

9 May 2019:

‘Getting away with murder’: Deadline could jeopardize prosecution of Md. mom charged with killing kids

hoggle_missing_comp.jpg

September will mark five years since 3-year-old Sarah Hoggle and her 2-year-old brother Jacob were last seen — WTOP has learned the children’s father is concerned time may be running out for Catherine Hoggle to stand trial for their children’s murders.

Hoggle was arrested in September 2014 and charged with three misdemeanors in connection with Sarah and Jacob’s disappearance. She has been found not competent to stand trial since then.

“She is literally getting away with murder,” said Troy Turner, who fathered the two missing children, as well as a third child, with Hoggle.

‘Getting away with murder’: Deadline could jeopardize prosecution of Md. mom charged with killing kids | WTOP

“It’s incredibly scary that she could kill two children, and then the system would just allow them to malinger, when there’s clear evidence that she’s been competent pretty much this entire time,” Turner said in a WTOP interview.

At issue: did Hoggle’s indictment on felony charges in 2017 start a “new clock” for prosecutors, or is she entitled to have her felonies dismissed five years after she was initially arrested on misdemeanor counts.

Sources said prosecutors and defense lawyers have not found earlier Maryland cases that exactly mirror Hoggle’s circumstances.

If Hoggle’s lawyer David Felsen filed a motion to have charges dropped, prosecutors would argue there was precedence in similar cases for the trial to continue.

‘Getting away with murder’: Deadline could jeopardize prosecution of Md. mom charged with killing kids | WTOP

“Her family members have signed affidavits stating she has shown she’s completely competent to them,” said Turner, citing 2015 statements conducted for his attorneys with the firm of Shulman Rogers.

In December 2015, Hoggle’s mother, Lindsey, said: “Catherine is an extremely intelligent but also an extremely manipulative woman.”

Referring to the legal definition of competency to stand trial in Maryland — understanding the nature and object of the proceedings, and being able to assist in one’s own defense — Lindsey Hoggle said of her daughter: “I am absolutely confident that she is fully competent under this standard.”

Catherine Hoggle’s aunt, Leigh Blevins, in a December 2015 statement, said her niece had discussed a scenario in which she would not have to go to jail.

“She has told me that if she stays ‘incompetent’ long enough, she will have a chance of going home someday, and that perhaps she might have to the opportunity to raise … Troy and Catherine’s third child,” said Blevins.

Hoggle’s attorney David Felsen, and Ramon Korionoff, spokesman for Montgomery County State’s Attorney’s Office, declined to comment about the ongoing case.

In April, Circuit Court Judge Robert Greenberg denied prosecutors’ request to allow an independent doctor to evaluate Hoggle. In a March hearing, Assistant State’s Attorney Ryan Wechsler had told Greenberg that doctors at Perkins — the state psychiatric hospital — were doing “a substandard job in evaluating Ms. Hoggle.”

Felsen had argued: “They don’t like the results — there’s no indication that [the Perkins finding] isn’t proper.”

Troy Turner said he is fearful that Catherine Hoggle may be released into the public.

“There’s the possibility that she could be walking the streets in a few months,” Turner said. “It’s more than just a scary thought for our family at home, I think for the entire community.”

Even if charges were dismissed against Hoggle, she could be civilly committed to Perkins, or another institution if she is determined to be a danger to herself or others.

It has been nearly five years since the disappearance of Sarah and Jacob Hoggle, two Montgomery County children who were last seen with their mother Catherine who has since been indicted in their murders.

Sarah and Jacob's father, Troy Turner, says he's frustrated that Catherine remains mentally unfit to stand trial. Turner says he is fearful of a law in Maryland that could allow Catherine to one day be released from custody without ever facing the charges in court

Where are Sarah and Jacob Hoggle? 5 years later mother yet to stand trial; siblings never found

Came here to check in, found nothing new, so I researched it myself. No surprises. Still not competent.

Missing Hoggle Kids: Separate Evaluation Requested Again For Mom

On Tuesday, Judge Greenberg said he did not receive the plea, but was going to look it over. He is scheduled to make his decision on whether to allow an independent evaluation on July 3.

The judge ordered an independent evaluation for Catherine’s competency. He gave a deadline of August 15th. The doctor to conduct the evaluation has been chosen, and was a former director of Perkins (the facility Catherine is currently incarcerated in). We will post if more information comes our way. Questions, suggestions, and support are always welcomed and appreciated.

Happy Birthday Jacob. We are confident you are the reason for this positive change.

#AVoiceforSarahandJacob #JusticeforSarahandJacob

The judge ordered an independent evaluation for Catherine’s competency. He gave a deadline of August 15th. The doctor to conduct the evaluation has been chosen, and was a former director of Perkins (the facility Catherine is currently incarcerated in). We will post if more information comes our way. Questions, suggestions, and support are always welcomed and appreciated.

Happy Birthday Jacob. We are confident you are the reason for this positive change.

#AVoiceforSarahandJacob #JusticeforSarahandJacob

A former Director of the facility (Perkins) where Catherine Hoggle is currently sanctuaried (if that is a word). Sounds like he's not really independent. (IMO)

Court to get second-opinion psychiatric exam of murder suspect Catherine Hoggle

July 03, 2019

A judge in Montgomery County, granted prosecutors’ request Wednesday for a new psychiatric evaluation of Catherine Hoggle, the 32-year-old woman locked in a high-security forensic hospital since being accused of killing two of her young children who went missing five years ago.

The ruling by Circuit Judge Robert Greenberg underscores a sharp disagreement in the case. Though a doctor has found Hoggle mentally incompetent to stand trial, prosecutors have indicated she has been faking the depths of her mental illness. Hoggle’s attorney, David Felsen, has said the findings are a true reflection of Hoggle’s mental state.

The two youngest of Hoggle’s three children — Jacob and Sarah — disappeared from Montgomery County in September 2014 when they were 2 and 3. Hoggle was the last person known to be with them. She has been charged with two counts of murder, but court proceedings have been delayed because of mental health issues.

The ruling Wednesday does not mean a criminal trial for Hoggle is imminent, said Montgomery County State’s Attorney John McCarthy. But it permits Christiane Tellefsen, a psychiatrist retained by prosecutors, to evaluate Hoggle to determine how mentally fit she is to participate in a trial, McCarthy said. Tellefsen formerly served as director for the state’s Clifton T. Perkins Hospital Center, where Hoggle has been held, according to McCarthy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.b43a8d559bcd

The ruling Wednesday does not mean a criminal trial for Hoggle is imminent, said Montgomery County State’s Attorney John McCarthy. But it permits Christiane Tellefsen, a psychiatrist retained by prosecutors, to evaluate Hoggle to determine how mentally fit she is to participate in a trial, McCarthy said. Tellefsen formerly served as director for the state’s Clifton T. Perkins Hospital Center, where Hoggle has been held, according to McCarthy.

Let's all take a breath and bask in this great news - a third party doc. This is huge.

Acc. to my quick search of Dr. Tellefsen, it looks like she's employed at Mercy Medical Center now. For those outside the Baltimore area, this hospital operates a lot differently. For one thing, they aren't just psychiatric (though Tellefsen is a psychiatrist). This is a world-class, top-rated facility, and they'll only hire the creme de la creme. She is a seasoned professional, been in practice 31 years. So, not some wet-behind-the-ears novice shrink - she's not being paid to cater to Catherine's feelings. Of course, she's going to work with Catherine to get something resembling competency to stand trial. But you know what I mean... She's objective. Capable.

I can understand how many might think that anyone who was once affiliated with Perkins is somehow "tainted"... But consider this: we don't know why she quit as director. Maybe, just maybe, it was due to dissatisfaction with how things were being run there.

Let's all take a breath and bask in this great news - a third party doc. This is huge.

Acc. to my quick search of Dr. Tellefsen, it looks like she's employed at Mercy Medical Center now. For those outside the Baltimore area, this hospital operates a lot differently. For one thing, they aren't just psychiatric (though Tellefsen is a psychiatrist). This is a world-class, top-rated facility, and they'll only hire the creme de la creme. She is a seasoned professional, been in practice 31 years. So, not some wet-behind-the-ears novice shrink - she's not being paid to cater to Catherine's feelings. Of course, she's going to work with Catherine to get something resembling competency to stand trial. But you know what I mean... She's objective. Capable.

I can understand how many might think that anyone who was once affiliated with Perkins is somehow "tainted"... But consider this: we don't know why she quit as director. Maybe, just maybe, it was due to dissatisfaction with how things were being run there.

Oh, how I hope you're right. *praying*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member