Deceased/Not Found MD - Sarah, 3, & Jacob Hoggle, 2, Clarksburg, 9 Sept 2014 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
‘Remains dangerous’: Second-opinion exam of Catherine Hoggle says she remains mentally unfit for trial in case of missing children

August 09, 2019

A new psychiatric evaluation of Catherine Hoggle, the Maryland woman who has been locked in a hospital for five years since being accused of killing her two young children, found she remains mentally unfit, a blow to prosecutors’ hopes to finally take the case to court.

“Ms. Hoggle is not currently competent to stand trial and remains dangerous,” the Montgomery County State’s Attorney’s Office acknowledged in a court filing this week, citing the findings of psychiatrist Christiane Tellefsen.

The prosecutors had retained her to provide a second opinion to the years-long assessments from doctors at the state’s Clifton T. Perkins Hospital Center, where she has been held, who found Hoggle was not able to aid in her defense.

Tellefsen said Hoggle was improving, prosecutors stressed, and that she is “approaching a level of understanding in which she could be considered competent.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...e9-bad6-609f75bfd97f_story.html?noredirect=on

12 August 2019:

McCarthy said Hoggle is in the midst of a medical trial of the drug Clozapine, which the state’s attorney said “is generally considered a last resort.”

According to The National Institutes of Health: “Clozapine is used to treat the symptoms of schizophrenia (a mental illness that causes disturbed or unusual thinking, loss of interest in life, and strong or inappropriate emotions) in patients who have not been helped by other medications or who have tried to kill themselves and are likely to try to kill or harm themselves again.”

McCarthy said Tellefsen’s report states “the defendant has been partially responsive to Clozapine,” but is not yet taking a high enough dosage to fully restore Hoggle. “The defendant is closer to competency than she has been in prior years.”

“It’s unclear what records the state is referring to, other than the report from their hand-picked expert,” Hoggle’s attorney David Felsen told WTOP. “I don’t agree with Mr. McCarthy’s characterization of Dr. Tellefsen’s report — the report will speak for itself.”

(More at link..)

Health, fairness, privacy questioned: 2nd doctor finds Catherine Hoggle unfit for trial in Md. children’s murders | WTOP

Judge to weigh more tests of Catherine Hoggle’s fitness for trial in children’s murders

A Montgomery County Circuit Court judge will hear arguments Tuesday whether prosecutors should be granted more time, and an additional psychiatric evaluation, before the judge determines whether Catherine Hoggle is mentally competent to stand trial for murdering her children.

On Friday, Judge Robert Greenberg scheduled a status hearing for Tuesday afternoon, Aug. 20, as both sides debate whether to follow the suggestion of Dr. Christiane Tellefsen, the former director of Perkins, that delaying Hoggle’s competency hearing until December will provide enough time for a “last resort” antipsychotic medication to take full effect.

A new psychiatric evaluation of Catherine Hoggle, the Maryland woman who has been locked in a hospital for five years since being accused of killing her two young children, found she remains mentally unfit, a blow to prosecutors’ hopes to finally take the case to court.

Tellefsen said Hoggle was improving, prosecutors stressed, and that she is “approaching a level of understanding in which she could be considered competent.”
Oh horse feathers she is more than competent and knows right from wrong. She’s not insane and her lawyer knows exactly how to keep delaying everything

It’s little Sarah’s birthday today :(

Happy birthday Sarah ❤️:

‘Happy 9th Birthday Sarah. We wish more than anything in this world that you were here and we could celebrate. We’re sorry your birthday is now a sad day for us. We just miss you so much; there aren’t words. We love you. #AVoiceforSarahandJacob #JusticeforSarahandJacob’

8FD37C50-7DE6-4859-8A1A-4B21EFD24785.jpeg

JusticeforSarahJacob on Twitter

It’s little Sarah’s birthday today :(

Happy birthday Sarah ❤️:

‘Happy 9th Birthday Sarah. We wish more than anything in this world that you were here and we could celebrate. We’re sorry your birthday is now a sad day for us. We just miss you so much; there aren’t words. We love you. #AVoiceforSarahandJacob #JusticeforSarahandJacob’

View attachment 216458

JusticeforSarahJacob on Twitter
Oh hay, I was standing in front of the window with my iPad and I just opened up the shades to see a nice fall day with my granddaughter in the background singing her favorite hip hop of the week. I clicked on your post. Thank you for how beautiful and caring you are. Yes.
Happy Birthday Sarah. ❤️

"My kids deserve this, and they have to have a voice," Jacob and Sarah’s father, Troy Turner, said. "As their father I have to be that lead voice. But the more people the louder their voice and the more likely they scream, the more likely they are to get justice."
5 years missing | The Hoggle children disappeared 5 years ago, now their accuser may walk free
Competent enough to go out and live in a comp!located society but not enough to sit in a court room next to her attorney? SMH

I think she is clearly still mentally disturbed at this point and that the Clozapine dosage needs to be upped in order to make a substantial difference in her mental state ... if it is indeed a "last resort" medication, that shows they're exhausting every effort to restore her to competency at Perkins. Also, I seem to recall reading that during one competency hearing, maybe back in 2015, she protested the judge's ruling in court and said she was indeed competent (in her opinion).

That seems to fly in the face of the theory that she is deliberately feigning her psychosis or choosing to malinger to avoid being found competent. Because she wanted the opportunity to stand trial. However, her attorney doesn't want her to stand trial. As I've said before, I believe that there are greater forces at play here. Others are possibly involved, and her being mentally ill and committed to a psych ward is providing a convenient distraction. Just my take on the situation, obviously.

I think she is clearly still mentally disturbed at this point and that the Clozapine dosage needs to be upped in order to make a substantial difference in her mental state ... if it is indeed a "last resort" medication, that shows they're exhausting every effort to restore her to competency at Perkins. Also, I seem to recall reading that during one competency hearing, maybe back in 2015, she protested the judge's ruling in court and said she was indeed competent (in her opinion).

That seems to fly in the face of the theory that she is deliberately feigning her psychosis or choosing to malinger to avoid being found competent. Because she wanted the opportunity to stand trial. However, her attorney doesn't want her to stand trial. As I've said before, I believe that there are greater forces at play here. Others are possibly involved, and her being mentally ill and committed to a psych ward is providing a convenient distraction. Just my take on the situation, obviously.
BBM. I think you are spot on. I've followed this case from the beginning and continue to hold the opinion her parents know the children are alive and well in another state. This case has been about manipulating child custody.

An insane person or even one in a compromised state because of prescription drugs isn't going to be able to pull off a crime of murder of two children where there is absolutely no evidence and I don't believe she did.

JMO

BBM. I think you are spot on. I've followed this case from the beginning and continue to hold the opinion her parents know the children are alive and well in another state. This case has been about manipulating child custody.

An insane person or even one in a compromised state because of prescription drugs isn't going to be able to pull off a crime of murder of two children where there is absolutely no evidence and I don't believe she did.

JMO
I hope you're right.

I followed this case when it first came to WS. It’s been years now and I cannot believe those children have not been found in all this time.

Wuth the charges getting dropped, Catherine can get well, and charges can be refiled. That’s the beauty part. She didn’t go to trial, so we wait til she does. She knows where the kids are. MOO

I have done a ton of research on this case and i fully believe that there are other forces involved here. In my opinion I don't believe that her parents are innocent of what was happening at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rouark50