Deceased/Not Found MD - Sarah, 3, & Jacob Hoggle, 2, Clarksburg, 9 Sept 2014 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a concern too that she took the children out one at a time. And at least from the videos, she hasn't been with the children while she was missing.

Makes me nervous they are now calling this a homicide investigation. Why? Because of the length of time the children have been missing or something else???

I think they are just being realistic.

The Citizens Commission on Human Rights is a Scientology front group that doesn't believe that mental illness is real and doesn't believe in medication.

I wonder if she was able to meet someone through this group that she passed her children off to?

Hello! I've been following this case since last Wednesday, but the news today that she requested contact with this group was a surprise. It seems to indicate that she had previous knowledge of them. Does LE have the family computer? Are they looking for possible contacts with this group?
I hope they have pulled all of her phone records and are going over her phone as well.

Well the bad news is if she were in a true psychosis, she likely literally has NO clue where they are. I believe that is very possible. No amount of strong arm interrogation, good cop / bad cop , plea deal etc. can make her remember what happened. IF she is in a true state like that. If she was not..... we 're looking at quite a different scenario. :(

ETA They need to have psyche ' talking ' with her more so than LE interrogating her. But surely they know this , right?

The 2 year old was "hidden" first, then the 3 year old, she may have intended to "hide" the oldest when he got home from school that day. JMO

I was telling my oldest about this story and she said the same thing! I hadn't even thought of that, makes sense!

BBM. You can pretend that this woman hasn't got a mental illness if you want but that doesn't change the fact that she is a diagnosed schizophrenic, who has been off her meds for several weeks.

The longer these children are missing the more I feel that there won't be a good outcome here unfortunately.

Nobody knows if she has been off her meds or not. She was at her doctors office as of Monday this week for treatment.

The diagnosis that she is off her meds comes from people that are making excuses for her behavior and trying to justify her horrible actions.

The cops themselves don't know whether she was, or wasn't, on meds when those kids disappeared, and they have stated such.

This crime was organized, planned, perpetrated and covered up. She has lied, destroyed evidence, eluded capture, and refused to disclose the fate of her children.

This has nothing to do with mental illness. This has everything to do with just plain old evil.

This confuses me a bit because she was alone when she seemingly left her items on purpose in the office building. Wouldn't she have deleted anything she wanted deleted prior to that? If she accidentally left those items behind, police had access to them for days before she was apprehended, did she really think deleting things would be helpful at that point?

According to the husband, she didn't have a phone with her when she disappeared. Most likely the cops found it later on.

I'm sure the cops gave her the phone as a ploy. Most likely everything on the phone had already been recorded and documented. What the cops would have been most interested in, is what it was on there that was so important that she tried to delete it. I'm sure whatever it was that she tried to delete will be heavily investigated and followed up on. That may be the key in this whole mess.

Interesting post from her FB on Dec. 21, 2013

"Two things left to do for you. I wish I could give back everything this cost you. I wish I could stop what it cost my babies and me. Whats happened sickens me. You are the best person I know I'll get two of you back soon."

Montgomery County investigators said Monday they fear that two toddlers missing for more than a week are dead, and that they are building a homicide case against the children’s mother.

He said that detectives think Catherine Hoggle had a plan for what she wanted to do with the children, and that police expect the toddlers to be found together.

Although Hoggle told detectives she had been taking her medication, police said, it is unclear whether that is true.

She had two missing-persons fliers, which included photographs of Hoggle and the children. As she was taken into custody, police said, she tried to flee.

According to charging documents, Catherine Hoggle gave evasive and vague responses.

Hoggle initially told detectives she had left the children with a friend.

At a later part of the interview,” detectives wrote, “the defendant changed her story and stated she would like to take the detectives to the location of the children. Police took her by car toward Germantown and she directed them to a playground, and she told them “she left her children alone at this playground and she abandoned both children.” But the playground claim didn’t yield any information, police said.

Hoggle told detectives she could call ‘Erin’ if she had her cellphone. Detectives brought her the phone, but Hoggle started deleting records from it so detectives took it back.

Hoggle “knows the location of the missing children; however she continues to obstruct and hinder this investigation and further places them in danger,” detectives wrote in court papers.

Casey Anthony, Susan Smith, Elizabeth Johnson (Arizona), Catherine Hoggle----- not a good list to be on.

Is it possible with schizophrenia to have multiple personalities with one or more of them convincing the mom that her children are ok? So sad.

No, since they're two seperate conditions and I haven't seen anything to indicate she was diagnosed with the other one.

I have a concern too that she took the children out one at a time. And at least from the videos, she hasn't been with the children while she was missing.

Makes me nervous they are now calling this a homicide investigation. Why? Because of the length of time the children have been missing or something else???

I've been wondering the same thing. Police are starting to build a homicide case against Catherine Hoggle and have told people to search their property for dead bodies. Other than the obvious slim outcome of the kids being ok, these moves by the police suggest they are going on more evidence than they've released to the public. If nothing else, they will need a lot more circumstantial evidence for the homicide charges. Thoughts?

I've been wondering the same thing. Police are starting to build a homicide case against Catherine Hoggle and have told people to search their property for dead bodies. Other than the obvious slim outcome of the kids being ok, these moves by the police suggest they are going on more evidence than they've released to the public. If nothing else, they will need a lot more circumstantial evidence for the homicide charges. Thoughts?

If she was in the same clothes as the day she disappeared, maybe there was blood on them? :(

She did not have her phone when she was missing. But did she have it Sunday and Monday morning?
the father reported when she disapeared at the chick fil a that he still had her phone with him... but then it was reported by the police that she left a phone in the office building with her other items....does anyone know anything about this phone or where it came from?

Well the bad news is if she were in a true psychosis, she likely literally has NO clue where they are. I believe that is very possible. No amount of strong arm interrogation, good cop / bad cop , plea deal etc. can make her remember what happened. IF she is in a true state like that. If she was not..... we 're looking at quite a different scenario. :(

ETA They need to have psyche ' talking ' with her more so than LE interrogating her. But surely they know this , right?

But she would know enough to delete stuff on her phone?
to me that takes logic and understanding she KNOWS they want the children and clues are on her phone she needs to delete it. She knows what she did and to me it seems trying to cover it up.
all JMO

JMO I think she told them they were dead. they are not sure to believe her. they need to find them.

The cops are just using common sense.

But she would know enough to delete stuff on her phone?
to me that takes logic and understanding she KNOWS they want the children and clues are on her phone she needs to delete it. She knows what she did and to me it seems trying to cover it up.
all JMO

It reminds me of Andrea Yates. (My babies were babies then and that case was punishing to my soul.) Anyway, Yates practiced what she did. Filled the tub. Knew she had x amount of time alone. Planning and mental illness do not seem to be mutually exclusive, but what conclusions that brings? I'm glad it's not up to me. Doubt I could maintain objectivity when children are involved.

the father reported when she disapeared at the chick fil a that he still had her phone with him... but then it was reported by the police that she left a phone in the office building with her other items....does anyone know anything about this phone or where it came from?

Pre-paid phone maybe? Bought for her by someone she knew?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove