Deceased/Not Found MD - Sarah, 3, & Jacob Hoggle, 2, Clarksburg, 9 Sept 2014 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe because it's been reported she's attacked people unprovoked?

So after two years, the docs still can't find the right meds/dosage? Scary to think that she is still dangerous and incompetent while being treated round the clock for two years. You'd think we would see some improvement.

I just think it is sad that the focus is on her and not the two kids she disappeared.

Post-partum psychological issues aren't really understood by the general public. Many women are floundering in the face of such responsibility, parenting has become a much tougher and overwhelming job than in the past, and oftentimes, loved ones might not know the extent of the problem - until it is too late.

I've no doubt that Ms. Hoggle's doctors are making the right choice by keeping her in Perkins; she's already lashed out at others in the facility and is obviously in a high state of distress - won't even accept visitors (she's allowed to have them). Sadly, when you've been battling protracted stress and anxiety, your mind plays tricks on you. That's paranoia. Feels very frightening. Continue the search for the kids -- keep an eye out wherever you go. Ms. Hoggle is where she ought to be, and obviously has her own demons to fight at the moment. This won't be a pat-and-dry scenario; we won't get immediate answers; so don't hold your breath, guys.

So after two years, the docs still can't find the right meds/dosage? Scary to think that she is still dangerous and incompetent while being treated round the clock for two years. You'd think we would see some improvement.

Many people with schizophrenia don't respond to treatment, sadly.

It is estimated that between 20% and 60% of patients have schizophrenia that is resistant to treatment..

Chronicity has often been confused with treatment-resistant schizophrenia. Schizophrenia is a chronic disorder that progresses to various levels of clinical deterioration without sustained remission or full recovery. In contrast with treatment-resistant schizophrenia, chronicity is associated with a favorable response to drug treatment, in which schizophrenic features are largely under control for 6 months or longer or there is partial recovery to the premorbid level of functioning.

http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/schizophrenia/treatment-resistant-schizophrenia

Updated NCMEC poster with age-progressed images:

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1237561

NCMC1237561e1.jpg
NCMC1237561e2.jpg

Clarksburg, Md (WJZ) — For two years a Maryland man has searched, wondering the whereabouts of his two small children. Jacob and Sarah Hoggle were last seen with their mother, Catherine Hoggle. Recently, aged-progressed photos of the then 2 and 3-year-olds have been released, with their family hoping that it help them find the two children.

Sarah and Jacob’s father, Troy Turner, has been desperate for any sign of his children’s whereabouts. The kids have been missing for over two years, three months, and 25 days.
“I still watch videos of Father’s Day where my oldest one took my phone and they all three made a video for me. Things like that doesn’t go away in my mind,” says Turner.
http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/01/01/age-progression-photos-released-of-missing-hoggle-children/

I can't believe two years either. I think of the father (and rest of the family) often. I can't even begin to imagine the agony of not knowing where your children are. I pray that someday soon he will get some answers.

Poor babies [emoji64]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The children's family does not believe she's incompetent either. There's clearly been alterior motives throughout this entire case and nothing has made sense.

So you think trained psychiatrists and psychiatric nurses who are around her constantly know less about her than you do? What good does it serve anyone for them to say she is incompetent to stand trial if she isn't?
he children's family does not believe she's incompetent either. There's clearly been alterior motives throughout this entire case and nothing has made sense.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give everyone following this case a heads-up - in two days (April 3rd), another competency hearing is scheduled.

Maybe it'll just be the same-ol', same-ol', or maybe there will be a change... Here's hoping.

Maryland mom of missing kids still mentally unfit for trial, attorney says

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/attorney-maryland-mom-of-missing-kids-still-mentally-unfit-for-trial-but-getting-better/2017/04/03/f8794aa8-1876-11e7-9887-1a5314b56a08_story.html?utm_term=.4e912faaae65

Catherine Hoggle, the Maryland mother linked to the disappearance of her two young children more than two years ago, remains mentally unfit to stand trial but is showing progress at the state psychiatric hospital where she is being detained and treated, her attorney said during a hearing Monday in Montgomery County District Court.

“Certainly, Ms. Hoggle is getting better,” said the attorney, David Felsen.

The development could speed what has been a slow-moving legal process in the case. The children — Jacob and Sarah — have not been seen since September 2014 when they were 2 and 3. Hoggle, 30, was the person last known to be with them.

In court Monday, District Court Judge Patricia Mitchell cited a recent evaluation from Perkins that said Hoggle could improve through more treatment.

“Clearly, Ms. Hoggle is an articulate and capable person,” Mitchell said. “We want Ms. Hoggle to continue toward restoration so that she will be able to assist in her own defense.”

On Monday, Montgomery’s top prosecutor, State’s Attorney John McCarthy, said he has held off presenting the case to a grand jury, which is a citizen panel that decides whether felony charges are warranted. McCarthy said that by waiting, he can potentially use the grand jury’s investigative capabilities, including compelling witnesses to testify.

Lindsey Hoggle also said she remains confident the children will be found. She spends several hours a day, mostly on her computer, trying to raise awareness about the case.

Lindsey Hoggle said she thinks that in 2014, her daughter had become concerned she was going to lose custody of her children, so she gave Jacob and Sarah to another person, and that person has moved them out of the area.

“I think they’re alive,” Lindsey Hoggle said.

honestly, she is as much as incarcerated now. if she becomes competent, she will be returned to jail and will refuse her meds and end up back at Perkins.

i hope the gramma is right and that the kids are safely somewhere, but in my heart i don't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member