MD - Tech tycoon's Annapolis mansion destroyed by fire and 6 missing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hmmm...the NBC4 news report yesterday morning said the cause of the blaze would be released today. I guess that was inaccurate information or they want to try to find the remaining body first. :-(

Have they announced yet, or has there been any leaks as to which bodies were located? This fire seems awfully strange to me. How that many people, in a house that most likely had the top of the line alarm system, could all perish in a fire. JMO

Thank you! That is near me and I had completely forgotten about it.

That was such a tragic fire. I often wondered if it was gang related? That little boy was only five and he is giving gang signs in just about every picture I have seen of him. Obviously somebody taught him that hideousness, and perhaps the fire was aimed at that person who may or may not have been in a gang.

Photos of the home before the fire:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...fire-photos-of-the-castle-lost-in-the-flames/

I hope the cause of the fire will be determined soon. I'm sure that is another piece of this tragedy needed to bring some sense of closure to the grieving family.

Investigators believe a Christmas tree is to blame for the raging fire that killed six people and destroyed an Annapolis-area mansion last week, the WBAL-TV 11 News I-Team has learned.

Fire officials have scheduled a press briefing for Wednesday afternoon.

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/investigators-christmas-tree-to-blame-in-annapolis-mansion-fire/30964600

Investigators believe a Christmas tree is to blame for the raging fire that killed six people and destroyed an Annapolis-area mansion last week, the WBAL-TV 11 News I-Team has learned.

Fire officials have scheduled a press briefing for Wednesday afternoon.

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/investigators-christmas-tree-to-blame-in-annapolis-mansion-fire/30964600

DH's family has this saying/superstition that if you don't take down your Christmas tree by Jan. 1, you will have bad luck. He showed me that headline this morning and said "See? Told you."

He wasn't being cavalier, however. We both agreed this is terribly tragic.

How does that even happen now?
The lights are so high tech they don't even get warm!
Unbelievable.

And the sprinkler system in the area would have prevented it spreading.
That's just makes it even worse.

My parents have had their tree up until September before. Out of sheer laziness.
Ours came down January 1 this year. It was weird.

How does that even happen now?
The lights are so high tech they don't even get warm!
Unbelievable.

And the sprinkler system in the area would have prevented it spreading.
That's just makes it even worse.

My parents have had their tree up until September before. Out of sheer laziness.
Ours came down January 1 this year. It was weird.

If the Christmas tree is what caused the fire, it does make sense to me that it spread quickly. If there was a short in the wires to the lights, it could have very easily started a fire. The sprinkler system is the last thing you'd want with an electrical fire since water conducts electricity. If an electrical fire set off the sprinkler system, the fire would have spread to pretty much anywhere the water was spraying. I don't think it would take long for the entire house to be in flames if each new flame set off another sprinkler, and each new sprinkler caused the spread of the fire. MOO

If the Christmas tree is what caused the fire, it does make sense to me that it spread quickly. If there was a short in the wires to the lights, it could have very easily started a fire. The sprinkler system is the last thing you'd want with an electrical fire since water conducts electricity. If an electrical fire set off the sprinkler system, the fire would have spread to pretty much anywhere the water was spraying. I don't think it would take long for the entire house to be in flames if each new flame set off another sprinkler, and each new sprinkler caused the spread of the fire. MOO

I don't believe the house had a sprinkler system though.

Links to livestreams of fire dept's presser this afternoon?
Or if it is over, any other coverage? tia

Maybe it's just me but the tree being up seems to make for a easy reason. just sayin. jmo idk

Maybe it's just me but the tree being up seems to make for a easy reason. just sayin. jmo idk

It sounds like it was a huge tree that they said has been up for two months. It was a disaster waiting to happen, imo. The tree had to be very dry at that point. No wonder the fire spread that quickly. It reminds me of the group of firefighters trapped in that Arizona fire a few years ago. It spread so rapidly, they were trapped.

The size of the tree — it was 15-to-20 feet tall, according to someone close to the family — combined with the oxygen available in the large, open spaces of the 16,000-square-foot home likely created an inferno. It may have been so big and fast-moving that it was nearly impossible for the Pyles and the Boone children to escape, the person familiar with the case said.And that may have been the case even if alarms alerted the family, according to Jim Milke, chair of the department of fire protection engineering at the University of Maryland. A large, dry Christmas tree would have produced “a tremendous amount of heat in a very short order,” he said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...6976ee-a65e-11e4-a7c2-03d37af98440_story.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back