GUILTY MD - William McQuain, 11, Germantown, 30 Sept 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have confidence they will find him if he's out there, although they are wooded areas, unless he's buried it's completely possible for a team that large to find him- they are only but so many miles big. I'm so saddened that they were in my neighborhood w/ the dogs yesterday- it breaks my heart to think of that little boy being disposed of, but as the time goes on, the chances of him being alive dwindle in my mind. :(

Iv'e been gone all weekend but not one hour has passed that I haven't thought of William.
He has touched my heart.

I wonder why William's biological father's family hasn't had contact with him in years? His grandmother said they found out about this on the news, and indicated that William doesn't/may not even know he has this grandmother.

Has anyone seen/read anything about the biological father?

This is the first I've heard of the biological father or his family...
There could be so many reasons he doesn't know his fathers family. One of which may be similar to MY situation...They just can't be bothered reaching out ...
Until now of course

I hope Will is safe and happy right now and I would love to hear that he is located.

Oh William, I hope you have survived. 11 years is not enough!

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=52&sid=2595995

New search for missing boy near I-270

CLARKSBURG, Md. -- The estranged husband of the Germantown mother found murdered in her apartment last week is due in a North Carolina courtroom for an extradition hearing, while police comb a wooded area searching for their missing son.

THEIR son? UGH... do u have to research a case at ALL to write a story as a reporter??? sigh

The search for William McQuain, the boy whose mother was found slain in their Germantown home last week, picked up again Monday as police officers, volunteers and cadaver dogs scoured a wooded swath of Montgomery County in hopes of finding the 11-year-old.

As of 1 p.m., they’d found no sign of him, according to Capt. Paul Starks, a police spokesman.

About 20 people were searching the land around Comsat Drive in Germantown and the area of the Magruder Branch Trail in Damascus, Montgomery County police said.

A K-9 team from the Mid-Atlantic D.O.G.S. Search and Rescue was also assisting in the search.

Monday was the second day of the search. On Sunday, search teams consisting of about 80 people focused on Damascus Recreational Park and Little Bennett Regional Park in Clarksburg.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/crime-scene/post/search-for-william-mcquain-continues/2011/10/17/gIQAK7UorL_blog.html

Still too upset to post on this, really, but wanted to say I'm still following, and thinking of Jane and William. Thank you all for the updates and information.

Lopez, charged in the murder of his wife, Jane McQuain in Maryland, was in a Mecklenburg County courtroom Monday morning and made the decision then to waive extradition, court officials said.

~~snip~~

On Monday, Lopez waived his extradition rights and could leave whenever Maryland officials show up to take him back. Just after the court appearance, a friend of Lopez talked to WBTV outside court.

Kevin, who would not provide his last name, said he was there to show support for Lopez, who he knew from where they worked for some time.

Kevin told WBTV that he heard many conversations between Lopez and McQuain in the past and that they were not heated.

"He loved her," said Kevin, who added that he was hopeful William would be found.

"It's not whether I agree with him or not it just someone needs to be here in support of him," Kevin said for why he was there.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/15713254/man-charged-in-wifes-murder-waives-extradiction-to-maryland

Very heavy presence in my neighborhood today, woke me up this mid morning. The area is where I go jogging, I'm too afraid to go down there now, it's so incredibly sad. Apparently my neighbor was interviewed, the whole neighborhood is abuzz. My neighbor is not of a good element, I'm not holding much hope in this situation knowing that this man was friends with him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buzzerd
Back