Identified! MD - Woodlawn, WhtFem 279UFMD, 15-25, near cemetery, 'JP' Tattoo, Sep'76 - Margaret Fetterolf

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh wow! That video showed up on my facebook feed from NFM and I rushed over to see! She's getting so much attention, and we may finally have an answer very soon. It's an exciting, bittersweet feeling. I do wonder if they'll release the possible name soon, or are they waiting for DNA to compare it to?

EDITED TO ADD: In case it isn't obvious, this post is mostly local RUMOR.

I took the LE comments quoted in those articles to mean that they want to handle it privately so the family doesn't have to go through so much publicity and such. But they haven't been able to locate the family, so possibly they'll consider releasing more information soon. I hope.

I talked to a friend of mine in JP, and she says it seems that everybody who lived in the area at the time knows exactly who they're talking about, though it seems they know more about the younger kids than about the missing girl. And my friend says nobody seems sure what high school she went to. (And no, my friend didn't know the name. They're newcomers--only lived there for 27 years :D)

Exciting to see so much progress in this case! I do hope they release her identity if they're able to match her.

Completely ridiculous and splitting hairs, but it drives me crazy that NCMEC and others keep calling it "Jamaica Plains." There is no "s". Just a silly pet peeve.

Oh wow! That video showed up on my facebook feed from NFM and I rushed over to see! She's getting so much attention, and we may finally have an answer very soon. It's an exciting, bittersweet feeling. I do wonder if they'll release the possible name soon, or are they waiting for DNA to compare it to?

Thank you so much for your support.
Would be nice if they release her name. I bet people could find them on social media.
I'm so thankful they are this far, know her name, and that it's just a matter of time before she's home with her loved ones. What a year it has been for solving cases!

I really hope that they are also close to figuring out who did this to her. There were a lot of sick people back then that got away with their crimes way too long. I hope (s)he/they are pooping in their pants right now. Have to wonder if there is any DNA evidence.

Thank you so much for your support.
Would be nice if they release her name. I bet people could find them on social media.
I'm so thankful they are this far, know her name, and that it's just a matter of time before she's home with her loved ones. What a year it has been for solving cases!

I really hope that they are also close to figuring out who did this to her. There were a lot of sick people back then that got away with their crimes way too long. I hope (s)he/they are pooping in their pants right now. Have to wonder if there is any DNA evidence.

This article says there is (assuming it's dna of the perp and not someone else who was not involved in her death) ....

http://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/Ne...esReceiveNewInformationonDecadesOldMurderCase

The DNA profile of a male was found on the victim, and this also has been entered into CODIS.

Quoted from the article:

"A lot of people had these homemade tattoos that they used to do with a pin and a ball point pen," Doogan said.

Would the ink actually last like that? Could that give some indication of how long it had been there if it was done with a pen?

It's Mónica María Mignone's birthday, so I'm finally putting together a side-by-side comparison. Her photo is third from left ("C"). I can't say I'm overwhelmed by the resemblance, but the nose looks pretty good. I added her mother's pic too ("A") because the head shape & hair seemed so similar. Note: Monica Mignone did seem to have a little widow's peak in a childhood picture (which also shows teeth, which I have not looked at closely yet). Their family was very politically active and lived and worked in Washington DC at various points, but getting her there from detention in Buenos Aires would be a long story. "B" and "D" are both reconstructions of Woodlawn Jane Doe.

20160214 MM-MD comparisons.jpg

I wonder if this could possibly be Mónica María Mignone, disappeared from Argentina in 1976. Compare the older photo composite with this picture of her mother in this article: http://www.pressenza.com/es/2014/03/el-dolor-que-tapa-el-miedo/

[video=youtube;EH087igTNgI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH087igTNgI[/video]

They do last. When I was 13 I was the child from hell and tried to tattoo myself with a sewing needle and India ink. When I got my first REAL tattoo for my 18th birthday last year it was still there unfortunately.

Also I am really happy this case is moving along. I hope it is solved soon.

It's Mónica María Mignone's birthday, so I'm finally putting together a side-by-side comparison. Her photo is third from left ("C"). I can't say I'm overwhelmed by the resemblance, but the nose looks pretty good. I added her mother's pic too ("A") because the head shape & hair seemed so similar. Note: Monica Mignone did seem to have a little widow's peak in a childhood picture (which also shows teeth, which I have not looked at closely yet). Their family was very politically active and lived and worked in Washington DC at various points, but getting her there from detention in Buenos Aires would be a long story. "B" and "D" are both reconstructions of Woodlawn Jane Doe.

View attachment 89107

I dunno. To me, neither chin nor nose look very close. And since she doesn't seem to have a connection to either Boston or NYC where the pollen testing indicated, that adds to the unlikelihood.

It's been a couple months now. I'm wondering if more came about the tip about the Puerto Rican girl from Jamaica Plain.

There's been absolute silence from area LE, which is generally taken to mean that they're probably onto something. Most likely, any announcements will come from Maryland LE anyway.

It is so hard to wait...

There's been absolute silence from area LE, which is generally taken to mean that they're probably onto something. Most likely, any announcements will come from Maryland LE anyway.

It is so hard to wait...

Hopefully they are onto something. It is so hard to wait...I know they won't release it, because it is not official, but I am so curious to see a photo of the missing girl...

It is so hard to wait...

I expected it solved by now. Guess they're having issues finding her siblings.

I expected it solved by now. Guess they're having issues finding her siblings.

Or possibly just waiting for the test results to come back from the lab. It really hasn't been that long in LE time.

It is so hard to wait...

Maybe they realized it's a national security case and decided not to pursue it, as with SC Mystery Couple.

I don't believe that for the SC couple and I don't believe it here, either.

Maybe they realized it's a national security case and decided not to pursue it, as with SC Mystery Couple.

How can a UID be a national security issue? Is that a thing?

Also I assume it's taking a long time because of DNA checks, etc. it took aaages for Jason Callahan to be identified. All worth it in the end though, as long as these people get their name back.

Feels longer. You would think they found some family by now, she had 2 sisters and 3 brothers.

12-08-2015, 08:37 PM #313

Let me see if I can phrase this properly.

It is assumed by many people locally that since LE in both cities quit issuing statements about trying to find the family, and have instead gone quiet, that they did indeed find relatives and are waiting for results.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back