ME ME - Anneliese Heinig, 37, Richmond, 26 Nov 2019 *vehicle found*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like she works in the marine environmental services sector, studied at UNH and has spent a lot of time around the ocean. I don't think it's a coincidence that her car was found so close to the ocean. I'm really really hoping that she took a few hundred dollars in cash and took a bus south along the coast to clear her head.

If it wasn’t for the FB post and changing her profile photo I’d be of a different opinion, but the post screams self-harm to me, with her missing the same day. I don’t think this will turn out well, which is heartbreaking. Truly hope I’m wrong.

Last edited:
#UPDATE Richmond PD say the missing Richmond woman's phone was traced in Portland and South Portland Thursday. Portland PD and the Coast Guard have now joined the search for 37-year-old Anneliese Heinig. (Photo Courtesy Grace Heinig) https://bit.ly/2Dy39RJ

View attachment 218405
CBS 13 News on Twitter

The way that they wrote this is confusing - in the article it states her phone was traced in Portland and South Portland Thursday but that her car (with phone inside was found Tuesday). Is this a misprint? Anyone know?

The way that they wrote this is confusing - in the article it states her phone was traced in Portland and South Portland Thursday but that her car (with phone inside was found Tuesday). Is this a misprint? Anyone know?
I believe the car was found and towed Tuesday, presumably by LE as just another vacated car along a highway. It wasn't until Thursday, when she was reported missing, that LE pinged her phone and found it in the car at the towing company's lot in Portland.

Very helpful to be able to picture the area. Thanks! How far would she have had to walk to reach the bridge?
She was reported to be walking north though, in the southbound lanes. That would be in the opposite direction from the bridge, right?

Also, has there been any info as to where she was headed in the first place? Richmond is about 40 minutes north of where her car (and where she was seen walking), and so early in the morning - she got a pretty early start. Her last post on FB (changing her profile photo) was around 2am. She was seen on highway around 7am...she would have left home approximately 6:150am. Not much time for sleep either.

She was reported to be walking north though, in the southbound lanes. That would be in the opposite direction from the bridge, right?

Also, has there been any info as to where she was headed in the first place? Richmond is about 40 minutes north of where her car (and where she was seen walking), and so early in the morning - she got a pretty early start. Her last post on FB (changing her profile photo) was around 2am. She was seen on highway around 7am...she would have left home approximately 6:150am. Not much time for sleep either.

I’m not sure whether her car was stopped before she reached the bridge... or after she drove over it. In the latter case, she would be walking north to possibly reach the bridge. MOO

Very helpful to be able to picture the area. Thanks! How far would she have had to walk to reach the bridge?
According to the Missing Persons Cases Network on FB, Anneliese's vehicle was located just off of Exit 9 of I-295, so the distance from Exit 9 to the middle of the bridge crossing the river is 2.3 miles:

upload_2019-12-1_21-1-26.png
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

That seems like an really long way to walk. I'm going to google walk the highway to see to check the access to the wider part of the river, the part of the river closer to Exit 9 rather than the river by the bridge. I'm hoping that Annaliese isn't in the river, and that she just took off for a while, but the river does need to be searched.

Edited to add map link.

Last edited:
According to the Missing Persons Cases Network on FB, Anneliese's vehicle was located just off of Exit 9 of I-295, so the distance from Exit 9 to the middle of the bridge crossing the river is 2.3 miles:

View attachment 218420

That seems like an really long way to walk. I'm going to google walk the highway to see to check the access to the wider part of the river, the part of the river closer to Exit 9 rather than the river by the bridge. I'm hoping that Annaliese isn't in the river, and that she just took off for a while, but the river does need to be searched.
Most likely if she were planning to jump she would have stopped her car on the bridge. There are incidents like this near me on an occasional basis - people stopping their cars on the very top of one of the Delaware Memorial Twin Bridges, getting out and leaping over. No one has ever attempted to walk to the top first.

It gives some hope that it was not her intention to harm herself in this way, perhaps not at all, and just needed a break from her life for a time.

View attachment 218420

It is somewhat reassuring to hear what a hike that would be. I think it does lessen the likelihood. MOO

A lot of this is confusing. She was driving SB between exits 9 and 10 - the family says she was seen walking northbound near Washington - was she north or south of where the car broke down? If she was north of the car, why would she walk back north all the way to exit 10?
Also, with two kids and involved parents, I'm surprised she wasn't reported missing for 2 days.
....and the water always makes me nervous - she was right by the ocean. It's not yet winter but people don't last long in that cold water.
DBM: looking at the wrong place.

Now I’m confused....Her last known location on 295 is around 100-ish miles from the ocean...the Atlantic Ocean. Unless you mean/you’re thinking of the Chesapeake Bay, which is not an ocean. However it does lead into the Atlantic (ocean). Or perhaps you mean one of the surrounding rivers that lead to the Bay, that eventually dumps into the Atlantic (ocean). That would be one heck of a walk.
What did you mean by “she was right by the ocean”?
Chesapeake is in Maryland. She is missing in Maine. Falmouth/Portland are coastal Atlantic cities.

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

We need an exact timeline to crunch. I’m heading out the door if someone wants to take a shot at it. If not, I’ll do it when I get home.

—-

Gas station surveillance footage?

—-

We need an embedded screenshot map / satellite images also showing route and terrain.

ETA:

That pretty much sums up the timeline, doesn’t it?
BBM - I took a stab at it but I just read the thread today and I've probably missed some things. Let me know what needs a fixin'. ;) MOO

TUES, NOV 26
THU, NOV 28
SUN, DEC 1
  • Police are searching the areas just off of I-295 in Falmouth as well as on Middle Road and Route 9 along the Presumpscot River Bridge in Falmouth. Maine Game Wardens and the Coast Guard have been called to assist in the search.

Good summary PommyMommy. It makes me wonder why the search didn't start until Sunday. Did LE get new information or were they just trying to beat the pending snowstorm?
I don't know. It's SOP to search the area a vehicle is found when it belongs to a missing person. However, the report was just filed that day, they were chasing the phone ping, and they had to arrange resources... MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member