ME ME - Anneliese Heinig, 37, Richmond, 26 Nov 2019 *vehicle found*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone recall what her FB posts said (the account is gone)? I'd like to know who deleted the account. IMO, as much as I hate FB, I thinks it's a very good resource for LE and accounts like hers should be left up in the event that someone who knows something (or even she) makes a post with further information or clues.
Her FB account not down. I just checked.

https://www.facebook.com/43587L239867312976?epa=SEARCH_BOX

Here is the concerning comment she made on Nov 22:
"I just want peace. I pray for Peace and my family. I love my children and I want the world to know."

Most likely if she were planning to jump she would have stopped her car on the bridge. There are incidents like this near me on an occasional basis - people stopping their cars on the very top of one of the Delaware Memorial Twin Bridges, getting out and leaping over. No one has ever attempted to walk to the top first.

It gives some hope that it was not her intention to harm herself in this way, perhaps not at all, and just needed a break from her life for a time.

I get so much anxiety just crossing that bridge in a vehicle, I can't imagine trying to climb to the top of one of those spans.

I get so much anxiety just crossing that bridge in a vehicle, I can't imagine trying to climb to the top of one of those spans.
I hear you. Windy days are particularly scary driving across them. And, I can't imagine jumping from the midpoint, as many have done. Suicide by this method is not "an attempt." It's a fait accompli.

Would Anneliese have been this determined if she wanted to commit suicide? I hope not..I hope she will be located safe and sound and the she was only intent in getting away for a while.

Falmouth police said they are joining Maine State Police, Maine Marine Patrol, Maine Warden Service, Richmond Police Department, Portland Police Department and Falmouth Fire Department to search for Heinig.
Police expand search for missing Maine woman after vehicle found near bridge

As of Monday, December 2, police are searching the areas just off of I-295 in Falmouth as well as on Middle Road and Route 9 along the Presumpscot River Bridge in Falmouth.

The departments are warning the public that they should expect to see an increase in law enforcement in that area, along with unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) and water patrols.
Law enforcement expand search for Richmond woman

Falmouth police said they are joining Maine State Police, Maine Marine Patrol, Maine Warden Service, Richmond Police Department, Portland Police Department and Falmouth Fire Department to search for Heinig.
Police expand search for missing Maine woman after vehicle found near bridge

As of Monday, December 2, police are searching the areas just off of I-295 in Falmouth as well as on Middle Road and Route 9 along the Presumpscot River Bridge in Falmouth.

The departments are warning the public that they should expect to see an increase in law enforcement in that area, along with unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) and water patrols.
Law enforcement expand search for Richmond woman
Kudos to all involved in this investigative effort; in the midst of a winter storm warning! MOO

Winter Storm Warning in Southern Maine

Her FB account not down. I just checked.

https://www.facebook.com/43587L239867312976?epa=SEARCH_BOX

Here is the concerning comment she made on Nov 22:
"I just want peace. I pray for Peace and my family. I love my children and I want the world to know."

Thanks. So little to see there as it's limited to "friends". I agree that's a concerning comment.

It kind of sounds as though she may not have custody of her kids or they were staying elsewhere when she disappeared.

Poor babies :(

Well, they have the VIN so it would seem cops could go from there. That her important personal items were left behind would raise a red flag, I would think.

I'm having an emotional reaction to this, for some reason (don't usually allow myself to do that). My sweet doggie passed away on Tuesday and Thanksgiving also brings up Kelsey, of course, so I'm sure that's contributing to it.
I'm so sorry to hear about your doggie, Artis. :( (((Huge Hugs)))

When I think of how many times I have gone over that bridge in my lifetime, it gives me goosebumps. Many great memories of summers up there, sporting events, etc with the family from childhood until now. I live about an hour and a half away from there. If they don't find her soon, I will head up if they need volunteers, though I hope it doesn't come to that. Of course, we all would rather that she be found alive and well somewhere.

My heart is aching for Anneliese and her family.

Are they searching the water? Part me of assumes they are since I read the Coast Guard was involved, but I'm well aware what happens when I assume.
The Presumpscot River leads directly into the Casco Bay which leads into the Atlantic Ocean, so I assume the Coast Guard is involved for that reason. It seems there is an assumption that she may have gone into the water near that bridge and therefore could have been carried into deeper water. This is so sad. I still hope she is taking a break from whatever was troubling her and is somewhere safe. Probably unrealistic. JMO

When Heinig did not show up for Thanksgiving dinner with her relatives, her 16-year-old daughter reported her missing to Richmond police, Anne Heinig said.

Richmond Police Sgt. James Donnell confirmed a missing person’s report was filed Thursday.

Anne Heinig said the SUV was equipped with a numerical keypad to unlock the driver’s door, so Anneliese could easily get back into the car without keys.

Heinig lives with her 16-year-old daughter. Her 5-year-old son lives close to Heinig’s apartment with his father, Anne Heinig said. Although Anneliese split from her son’s father, they still share parenting responsibilities on a day-to-day basis.

Heinig has no history of self-harming behaviors, Anne Heinig said, and had made plans to take her daughter to a spa this past weekend as a 16th birthday present.

Police expanding search for missing Richmond woman

So, the 16 year old must have been alone, Tuesday and Wednesday nights, when her mom went missing. Kind of shocking.

I hear you. Windy days are particularly scary driving across them. And, I can't imagine jumping from the midpoint, as many have done. Suicide by this method is not "an attempt." It's a fait accompli.

Would Anneliese have been this determined if she wanted to commit suicide? I hope not..I hope she will be located safe and sound and the she was only intent in getting away for a while.

Bridges scare the heck out of me. My friends uncle jumped off one of those bridges back in the 70's..... I think it was the Commador Barry or Ben Franklin ....

I've read through the thread but don't remember seeing if there was an immediate search done around the area of where her car was left. At first, with the phone, purse, etc left in the car, I thought, could she have been standing along the road near her car and been hit by a hit & run driver and thrown off the road???? But the more I read I don't think that may be the case....

I really wish we knew what was up with the car. “Thought she might run out of gas” isn’t believable, IMO. Whether she chose to leave the car there would clarify a lot about intent, and knowing where she was headed.
I think it’s really sad that on her 11/22 fb post no one responded u til after she was reported missing. She must have felt like she had no one.
Moo

Bridges scare the heck out of me. My friends uncle jumped off one of those bridges back in the 70's..... I think it was the Commador Barry or Ben Franklin ....

I've read through the thread but don't remember seeing if there was an immediate search done around the area of where her car was left. At first, with the phone, purse, etc left in the car, I thought, could she have been standing along the road near her car and been hit by a hit & run driver and thrown off the road???? But the more I read I don't think that may be the case....
Wow..so sorry about your friend's uncle. I understand why you'd be fearful. BF Bridge is so accessible to things like that as there is a walkway over, as you probably know. I've walked it and for some reason, that bridge doesn't scare me as much as the CB Bridge and the Del Mem Bridges.

Time line for what happened to Anneliese makes it seem as if her car was towed hours after she was last seen walking along the highway. Unless she went back to her car later and no one has reported seeing her. Doesn't seem like it to me though, as it was never stated she was there when the car was towed. Possible she was hit somewhere else along the highway, and I hope they have checked that out. I'd think she'd be fairly visible in that case. JMO

Prayers for this young woman to be found safe. This is in my neck of the woods altho I am nearer the mountains.

Keeping all the first responders in my thoughts...it’s a tough search to begin with and this weather isn’t helping.

Where are you, Anna?

When Heinig did not show up for Thanksgiving dinner with her relatives, her 16-year-old daughter reported her missing to Richmond police, Anne Heinig said.

Richmond Police Sgt. James Donnell confirmed a missing person’s report was filed Thursday.

Anne Heinig said the SUV was equipped with a numerical keypad to unlock the driver’s door, so Anneliese could easily get back into the car without keys.

Heinig lives with her 16-year-old daughter. Her 5-year-old son lives close to Heinig’s apartment with his father, Anne Heinig said. Although Anneliese split from her son’s father, they still share parenting responsibilities on a day-to-day basis.

Heinig has no history of self-harming behaviors, Anne Heinig said, and had made plans to take her daughter to a spa this past weekend as a 16th birthday present.

Police expanding search for missing Richmond woman

So, the 16 year old must have been alone, Tuesday and Wednesday nights, when her mom went missing. Kind of shocking.
Wow, thank you for posting this. Great article which clarifies a number of things. I will revise the timeline accordingly.

"The last person to see her was a tow truck driver who was headed north, and saw Heinig walking in the breakdown lane away from her 2008 Mercury Mariner."

I also wanted to add this graphic from the article:

MAP-Falmouth-missing-Richmond-woman.jpg

MOO

Prayers for this young woman to be found safe. This is in my neck of the woods altho I am nearer the mountains.

Keeping all the first responders in my thoughts...it’s a tough search to begin with and this weather isn’t helping.

Where are you, Anna?
Agree, and unfortunately, the snow is starting up again up here- we're supposed to get another 3-5 inches tonight, my daughter told me just a few minutes ago! Ugh! Prayers for the searchers and LE out in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CameraSnap