Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last post on FB was around 2:30 am.
Bars closed, drunken post?
Logged on from her own phone? Or someone else's computer?
Was she driving home from spending the night somewhere? Was someone with her in the car who had cash and credit cards so an could leave hers behind?
I have not read where Anneliese was coming from that morning.

Was she driving home from spending the night somewhere? Was someone with her in the car who had cash and credit cards so an could leave hers behind?
Trying to make some sense out of it. She was spotted walking along the highway around 6:30- 7:00am approximately 40 minutes away from where she lives. I'd take a guess that she posted from home at 2:30am and then left the house around 6am, as she was headed southbound and away from home instead of back towards home. But..could be just that - she was out already and had not returned home before her car "broke down."

More curious to me is the post she made at 2:30am was actually a profile photo update. She changed it (from what I don't know) to one of her 2 kids. But it's an older photo of them. It's been stated that they are now aged 16 and 5. The photo on FB they look to be maybe 5 years younger. JMO

I'm really bewildered about a few things.

In the articles that were posted the last couple of days, it mentioned that Anneliese lived with her daughter, who was turning 16 on Saturday. Anneliese went missing on Tuesday morning. For some reason, she headed to Portland that morning.

Did no one hear from her through text or phone for two days? How did her daughter get to the grandmother's house for Thanksgiving? Did someone pick her up? Was this the first time she was left alone for a night or two without her mother being home?

It was said that her daughter called LE and filed the missing person's report when she didn't show up for Thanksgiving at the grandmother's house. So she was gone for two days already.

I was wondering if she was heading to visit with her son, but her mother said she had no idea as to why Anneliese was in that area, so I think I can rule that out.

It just seems like something is missing here. Two days is a long time for someone to be missing and not be in contact with her loved ones. Anneliese's mother even said she was surprised that she didn't call her sister when she broke down. She didn't call Triple A.

All we have so far is one witness, a tow truck driver (how odd?) that saw her walking south, away from her vehicle. To our knowledge, no one has seen her sense.

Am I the only one confused by some of this?

Great questions. I just posted above my own thoughts- it's confusing, to be honest. We can assume she was home that night before she went missing, but was she really?

LE said they were acting on information that they received that had them expand the search area. I'm curious as to what information they have and from who.

This is a head scratcher.

If her daughter went to bed and Anneliese went out, it's possible she never saw her mother the morning Anneliese went missing. Then the question remains, where did Anneliese update her FB from, and where was she from 2:30 am to when she was seen walking on the road?

Police expanding search for missing Richmond woman

Steve McCausland, a spokesman for the Maine State Police, said troopers usually try to contact the owner of a vehicle that appears abandoned on the highway. But he did not specify whether phone numbers are a standard part of the Bureau of Motor Vehicle information that police can access from the computer terminals in their cruisers.

“Phone numbers are readily accessible,” McCausland said.

He confirmed that Maine State Police ordered the tow, but he did not know whether the trooper who called in the tow tried to contact the vehicle’s owners.

Chris Heinig, Heinig’s father, said he intends to ask state police why he was not called when the vehicle was found.

“We would have known within hours (that Anneliese was missing) and not (two) days later,” he said.

On Monday, Dick Stewart, of Stewart’s Towing, confirmed he’d received a call from the state police to pick up the vehicle near mile marker 9 on I-295, but troopers were not present when he arrived.

I am reading from behind so this may be covered and I have yet to read.

One of the local news articles said says AH had two children: a 16 year old girl that lives with her and a five year old boy that lives nearby with father, they have regular contact as co-parent 5 year old. AH had plans for a spa-day with 16 year old daughter for the daughter's birthday present.

Yes, and it seems strange that the 16 year would not have called around asking if anyone had seen her mom. Annaliese went missing Tuesday AM. Seems like the daughter would have expected her home by evening. Then another day and evening (Wednesday) goes by with no sign of her mom. At 16, I would have freaked out if my parents didn't come home for that long and would have been frantically calling everyone.

Police expand search for Maine woman missing for nearly a week

"Investigators said the expanded search came after receiving new information, but they would not elaborate."

--------------------

"Right now we're just partnering with all our local resources to exhaust all our efforts to make sure that we're searching her last known whereabouts as methodically as possible. In order to find someone, sometimes it's important to find where they're not," Falmouth police Lt. Jeffrey Pardue said.
-----------------------------------

And this, again:

Police have said there is nothing suspicious about the case at this time.

BS! Even if they suspect suicide or that she left of her own accord, it's still suspicious just to up and disappear with your purse, phone and keys in the car.

Really curious what that new information is that they’re working with. I’m torn now on what to think.

Considering they're searching for her, you'd think any input from the public would be wanted and whatever the new information is would be shared. What is that info? Was she depressed, meeting a stranger, what???

I think describing the area might be helpful to some: it's a relatively flat and very long stretch of highway with excellent visibility on both north and southbound sides, with each side having clear sight to the other. The area off the side on the SB side has pretty thick foliage/forest, but has residential/industrial area not far on the other side of the trees. The bridge in question isn't very high at all - maybe 20 ft over the water, which is the end of a river that flows into the ocean. The ocean right there is basically a large bay and is pretty shallow. It's pretty marshy for a short stretch before reaching the ocean. That stretch is also heavily traveled and I'd imagine a large number of people saw her walking at that time.

IIRC, she was driving south but walked north from her car. Those photos look like there's water between north and southbound sides in some parts? Meaning she must have crossed the grassy median to head north, correct?

Tow Truck/Impound tid bits. I'm not at all in this area. BUT I dispatched privately, through AAA contract, and through the PD.

My drivers do not stop and engage if they see someone seemingly broken down in the road. Why? Liability and obstructing other calls. They would occasionally call in and say "you might get a tow for a such & such"

AAA does not tow without the member with the vehicle.
The police normally contract with civilian tow companies and impounds unless its a vehicle needed to be searched forensically.

The police call in an unattended vehicle ( tbh, they called super fast. the car wasn't even sitting for 12 hours) we pick it up, log the VIN and the place it was towed from and thats it. We personally cannot contact people that their car has been impounded and a lot of the time, the police don't bother either.

I've had people that came to the office saying that they saw their vehicle was missing, and figured out it had been impounded but would literally have to play a big game of telephone to determine where the car was actually towed to.

I'm in jersey though.

Also, depending on your membership, there are significant fees to be towed. We took credit cards over the phone if they didn't have cash because the member would normally ride with the vehicle.

And AAA requires some sort of tracking in all the vehicles . Ours showed speed, stops, turning it off, and the PTO being activated (the hydraulics used to pull the vehicle on the bed.)

Once again, I CAN ONLY SPEAK FOR NJ, BUT AAA HAS THE SAME RULES

@PunkCake thanks for the info. Even though you are stating this from New Jersey it’s interesting to get your perspective.

Here where I live it’s CASH only for the tow truck companies. It’s a very small rural community. Maybe they got shafted one time too many. Of course if it’s an insurance tow then no cash needed. Also LE allows several days before mandatory tow is enforced. What a difference in this case!

Following.

Nothing is making sense. Parents are ticked because they didn’t know for 2 days their daughter was missing and not being notified their car was towed, cuz if they had, they could have known of missing daughter.

Yet, 16 year old granddaughter did not tell them until Thursday at Grandparents house that she hadn’t seen Mom since a Tuesday and then filed police report. I guess 16 year old daughter is considered next of kin.

The car had to have broken down because if it as running out of gas, she would have gotten off the Interstate and bought gasoline for it at a station. No one parks their car on an Interstate to walk to a gas station when they still have gas. That is, no one in their right mind.
Right now, I’m with voluntarily missing, but I’m thinking that mentally she could have been having issues that led u to it. IMO

Dropped into this case to take a look since a lot of my WS friends are here. First of all I would be trying to find out who that tow truck driver was, if he is independent or part of a company/insurance group. Then I would be digging into his and his companies online rating on google and anywhere else someone has left comments. At least you can get a feel if he should be ruled in or out. Oddly enough, I have driven 295 through Maine on numerous occasions as I had a good friend living in Gardner and have been in Portland and Hallowell. I can say that every time I saw a car on the side of the road stopped, either LE or a Maine Warden was checking it out and it was not there very long. Something seems off... Did the Maine Wardens do any searching?

IIRC, she was driving south but walked north from her car. Those photos look like there's water between north and southbound sides in some parts? Meaning she must have crossed the grassy median to head north, correct?
There isn't any water between the NB and SB sides unless you count the bridge. She didn't cross based on the information - just walked back north on the SB side (the side that has trees to the left if you're walking north on the SB side).

I agree, there should be someone else out there that saw her walking, but no one else has come forward that I have seen.

I also can't picture anyone jumping in the water without being seen, especially at that time of day. Then again, we've seen stranger things happen here on WS.
It's a very busy area and if someone was walking for 10-15 minutes at the time she was seen, I'd guess they'd probably be passed by 100+ cars.

And this, again:

Police have said there is nothing suspicious about the case at this time.

BS! Even if they suspect suicide or that she left of her own accord, it's still suspicious just to up and disappear with your purse, phone and keys in the car.

This is what really gets me..... the "nothing suspicious" part. I would really like to think our LE officers, when seeing an abandoned vehicle on the road, would take a walk around the vehicle and peer inside to make sure it is vacant. And if they see a women's purse still in the vehicle (even if they couldn't see inside the purse to see a phone, or wallet, or keys) that it would be considered suspicious. Wonder of the officer even got out of his vehicle to check or just called in for a tow.

And that's just a start of the many suspicious things regarding AH disappearance that it makes me wonder if it was even her reported to be seen walking down the road away from her car, or was it someone else. With only a tow truck driver reported to have seen "her" when passing by (that we know of)?

Things that make you go hmmm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members