DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wmtw.com/r/30056780/detail.html

Police Chief Downplays Crime Scene Tape In Missing Toddler Case

--snipped--
Waterville Police Chief Joseph Massey downplayed evidence tape being put around the house where Ayla Reynolds lived during a news conference he held on Thursday afternoon.

He also said a state police van outside the Violette Avenue home was in support of technicians at the home.
"Don't read any more into it than there is," Massey said. "It's a support van."

I'll never understand why a complete crime scene search of the house isn't done the very first day, when a child is missing from a contained space such as a home. Even if the house has been controlled since then, why wait? Why not try to determine what you are dealing with the very first day? It makes no sense to me, unless of course they are not telling the truth and this is not the next logical step, as they seem to be inferring.

I totally agree. Makes me wonder why it wouldn't be done as a matter of course due to the Jon Benet case.

I fear they are telling the truth, that they really aren't any closer to knowing what happened to Ayla. We've seen it in nearly every case, when there is some forensic action, etc. we expect a break or some news and it doesn't happen.

I have a feeling the prosecutors were called in and decided there isn't enough evidence to charge anyone. :twocents:

Good Luck with your meetings, PlainJaneDoe!:seeya:

:seeya: Back and survived the day. The guy I was working with is, IMO, lazy, and the most minute problems are usually enough to dissuade him from doing more than shaking his head, clicking his tongue/sighing, and making truly horrible faces. I'm wiped out now, but knowing that I kicked his butt into gear and held his nose to the grindstone for almost 8 hours brings me great joy. :innocent:

Looks like I have a lot of news to catch up on!

ETA, I just realized I am gonna be useless to you all tonight. As soon as I sat down to eat I realized that I was exhausted. I will be reading along for as long as I can stay awake though, lol!

:seeya: Back and survived the day. The guy I was working with is, IMO, lazy, and the most minute problems are usually enough to dissuade him from doing more than shaking his head, clicking his tongue/sighing, and making truly horrible faces. I'm wiped out now, but knowing that I kicked his butt into gear and held his nose to the grindstone for almost 8 hours brings me great joy. :innocent:

Looks like I have a lot of news to catch up on!
ETA, I just realized I am gonna be useless to you all tonight. As soon as I sat down to eat I realized that I was exhausted. I will be reading along for as long as I can stay awake though, lol!

Sadly, no...

Sadly, no...

Somewhere above it was mentioned that LE continues to search waterways. Can anyone tell me anything more specific about that? Like yesterday there were a lot of photos showing Waterville pond being drained and a couple shots saying that investigators were paying attention to the Kennebec river...

NEW TODAY so far: 12/22/2011 as of 7:20pm

http://livewire.wmtw.com/Event/Search_For_Missing_Waterville_Toddler#ixzz1h10sEGaQ

Livewire updates from today by Becky Sawtelle/Staff WMTV:

Search crews are currently in the woods behind a church looking for any possible clues.

Crime scene tape is up around the Reynold's home on Violette Avenue.
Bill Stokes, chief of the criminal division at the Maine attorney general's office, is at the scene.

Detectives have been walking around the property with white protective booties covering their feet.

http://www.wabi.tv/news/26224/maines-deputy-attorney-generals-seen-at-violette-ave-home

Maine's Deputy Attorneys General, Andrew Benson, and Bill Stokes visit home on Violette.

http://www.pressherald.com/news/Tape-placed-around-home-of-missing-Maine-toddler.html
Assistant Attorney General Bill Stokes and the Maine State Police mobile unit were at Ayla's home in Waterville, while cadaver dogs were searching an area in the woods near the Waterville airport.

PC Dec.22nd 2011

http://www.wmtw.com/video/30057193/detail.html

PC summary by Becky Sawtelle/Staff WMTV

http://livewire.wmtw.com/Event/Search_For_Missing_Waterville_Toddler#ixzz1h10sEGaQ

Chief Joseph Massey said state police are at the home searching.
The crime lab truck has been brought in.
Massey said cadaver dogs have been brought in.
When asked why the attorney general's office was at the home, Massey said it is because they needed the opportunity to search the home.
Massey once again is saying the family is cooperating
Massey said no one has taken a lie detector test.
Massey said water searches are still taking place.
Massey said the FBI isn't planning any more "knock and talks" at this time.
Massey continues to say this is a missing child case.
Massey said the vehicles that were towed from the home will soon be returned.
When asked if Justin DiPietro is out searching for his daughter, Massey said he doesn't know where he is.
He said that people shouldn't be alarmed that crime scene tape has been placed around the home. That people shouldn't "read too much into it."

So off the top of my head (unconfirmed of course but from different articles)

We had:

1. Ayla and her cousin (Ayla's Paternal Aunt's minor child)

2. Ayla's Father

3. Ayla's Paternal Grandmother

4. Ayla's Paternal Aunt

5. Two non-family adults

Did I miss anyone?

So off the top of my head (unconfirmed of course but from different articles)

We had:

1. Ayla and her cousin (Ayla's Paternal Aunt's minor child)

2. Ayla's Father

3. Ayla's Paternal Grandmother

4. Ayla's Paternal Aunt

5. Two non-family adults

Did I miss anyone?

I think that ONE of the non-family adults is Dad's girlfriend. I believe they took her car in to inspect it as well.

Not sure what happened today; but I bet one or more people are extremely worried. I hope the chains have been rattled, they are biting their nails or whatever the sayings are that fit.

Thank you for posting the interview with Ayla's grandfather. It is heartbreaking to watch Mr. Reynold's raw and genuine pain over his granddaughter, Ayla's disappearance.

Whatever has happened, I really do not get the feeling that Mom or her family are in on it...JMO

I can't remember how far the Mom & her family live away? Isn't it quite a drive???

South Portland is about an hour and a half from Waterville.

Portland to Waterville is not that far really...just over an hours drive. I know people who live up that way and work in Portland...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member