ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really confused about the recent change from Missing.. To.. Foul play involved.. Yet tonight investigators are still hopeful she'll be found alive.. Wtf!?

I'm sorry but were they really going on the assumption that Ayla had just simply walked down the attic stairs and straight out the door of her Father's home???.. Somehow I seriously doubt that was ever the assumption.. So IMO it's been foul play all along, right? No matter who, someone took the child and whether a parent or not did it it's all FOUL PLAY!! So, what has changed?? I don't get it at all!

did someone hide in the shed, waiting until the house quiet, no car or vehicle out front? was the window the way someone got in and out of house without waking anyone? my thoughts in so many directions...

I'm really confused about the recent change from Missing.. To.. Foul play involved.. Yet tonight investigators are still hopeful she'll be found alive.. Wtf!?

I'm sorry but were they really going on the assumption that Ayla had just simply walked down the attic stairs and straight out the door of her Father's home???.. Somehow I seriously doubt that was ever the assumption.. So IMO it's been foul play all along, right? No matter who, someone took the child and whether a parent or not did it it's all FOUL PLAY!! So, what has changed?? I don't get it at all!

I think they mean 'foul play'---as in she was kidnapped. But I think she may have been taken in a custody dispute and not by a serial killer type. imoo

I don't get it either! They were working in the dark tonight & took away something "big", used the word "evidence" of foul play. Supposedly they stopped the searches. Sounds kinda promising...but I don't want to get my hopes up.

I think they mean 'foul play'---as in she was kidnapped. But I think she may have been taken in a custody dispute and not by a serial killer type. imoo

that makes sense. no evidence of anything one way or the other, just missing. now some sort of evidence points to actual crime, aka foul play.

BBM

No, it is a nice way of saying they think she is deceased.

Waterville police Chief Joseph Massey announced Friday night the case "has evolved from the search for a missing child to a criminal investigation."

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/...play-suspected-in-maine-girl-s-disappearance/

If LE thought it was a custody case, Ayla would still be considered missing.

I hope the New Year brings resolution (and punishment) to the terrible cases we've seen this year. Have to wonder that someone in Florida didn't start a trend.

I remember reading way back about a neighbor that said her dog was awoken by noises in the middle of that night. I would like to know more about that, where was she in relation to the shed (I thought the article said she lived behind the father) and if it's related in any way. Were there tools used from the shed to commit a crime? Was the baby at one point in the shed and dogs hit on something there? I wish these cases would come to some resolution, no matter how sad.

And I don't buy that the father could have no way known about the custody filing, don't buy that for a second.

Her eyes... they remind me so much of my youngest daughter... and her blue eyes.

ayla2g.jpg

I am wondering as I have not read everything if Justin has any close relatives nearby. If so, have they spoken up? I just find it very strange that he has not gone on TV to make a plea for the SAFE return of his baby daughter nor has any of his family. At least not to my knowledge.

I am wondering as I have not read everything if Justin has any close relatives nearby. If so, have they spoken up? I just find it very strange that he has not gone on TV to make a plea for the SAFE return of his baby daughter nor has any of his family. At least not to my knowledge.

nope Ricki, nothing from JD's side of the family at all. just two written statements from Justin himself.

He lived with his mother and sister...and there has not been a word from either of them. It is hard for me to understand...did no one from his family form a bond with Ayla?

nope Ricki, nothing from JD's side of the family at all. just two written statements from Justin himself.

I just find that so strange. If his parents are alive, Ayla has another set of grandparents. Why have they not spoken? Who or where are they? JD and his family seem to be hiding out. I am not accusing him of anything. One would think grandparents (if they had any contact with Ayla) they would be speaking out and demanding her safe return. Very hinky to me that they are not. It raises many questions. Where are they? Who are they hiding? Who are they protecting? IF that is what is happening then why?

He lived with his mother and sister...and there has not been a word from either of them. It is hard for me to understand...did no one from his family form a bond with Ayla?

That's just it. Did they bond with this beautiful baby. Why does it seem this is of no major concern? It does make you think someone is hiding something.

BBM

No, it is a nice way of saying they think she is deceased.

Waterville police Chief Joseph Massey announced Friday night the case "has evolved from the search for a missing child to a criminal investigation."

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/...play-suspected-in-maine-girl-s-disappearance/

If LE thought it was a custody case, Ayla would still be considered missing.

or (please let me hold onto this hope! :) ) This is LE's way of turning up the heat on whomever took her in the hopes they'll mess up because the pressure freaks them out a little?

I have had the same thought - someone maybe hid in the shed then entered the house and took her? I sure HOPE SO!

I just remember in other cases LE making statements such as "We no longer believe X is alive...." and the absence of that statement gives me hope.

I guess since we know that LE has asked the families (both sides) not to talk - that maybe the fact they haven't is because they desperately want to find her so they are doing exactly as LE has asked?

If I didn't do anything and had no experience with anything remotely criminal or like this -- I think I would find myself doing absolutely everything LE told me to - exactly the way they said and threatening the crap out of the rest of my family to do the same. I would feel like following the advice of the professionals who deal with these kinds of things would be the best shot I had.

Just MOO.

i find it to be a little strange that JD's family (and/or friends) haven't spoken out this far into the investigation, but i can't really take that a step further and say that they didn't form a bond with Ayla. i have no idea what their relationship with Ayla was. maybe they didn't really care for her, or maybe they are completely distraught. some people are just private, KWIM?

i find it to be a little strange that JD's family (and/or friends) haven't spoken out this far into the investigation, but i can't really take that a step further and say that they didn't form a bond with Ayla. i have no idea what their relationship with Ayla was. maybe they didn't really care for her, or maybe they are completely distraught. some people are just private, KWIM?

It just seems like they went underground the moment she vanished, IMO...Mom has been vocal and visible. Her father has been vocal and visible.

Did LE tell his family not to speak at all? Does anyone have a link to that? I don't recall seeing that in this case.

Askfornia, it could very well be that they are private people and I hope that is the case.

Hoppy, you could very well be right that the family is following the advise of LE by remaining silent.
We have seen parents speak about their missing children, then find out they were the ones that had something to do with it.

Ayla just needs to be found and I pray she is safe.

It just seems like they went underground the moment she vanished, IMO...Mom has been vocal and visible. Her father has been vocal and visible.

Did LE tell his family not to speak at all? Does anyone have a link to that? I don't recall seeing that in this case.

just jumping off your post to add these little quotes from JD's statements concerning the "speaking out" issue :)

from the first statement:
My family and friends will continue to do everything we can to assist in this investigation and to get Ayla back home.
We appreciate the media respecting our privacy at this time.

second:
Until now I have not participated in any interviews for I don't want to in any way hinder the investigation.
However, it is important that the people hear it from me personally that I have no idea what happened to Ayla and that I am not hiding. I have been in full cooperation with everyone in this effort, including not adding additional media hype.

i do not have a link for that. i'm not saying it doesn't exist, i'm just saying i either can't recall that right now or i haven't seen it. if someone could link that or tell me where they heard it, i'd like to add it to my timeline.

Personally, I do not believe LE tells families they cannot speak about a missing person, unless LE comes right out and says so, as they did in Aliahana's case in Indiana recently, or at least they did confirm that they asked the family not to speak about the details once they had arrested the suspect.

I am not saying that all family members will want to, or be able to do so, or even that they should, but I find it a cop-out to clam up as though they are being forced to remain silent, per LE, if this is not the case.

For me, emotions would win out and I would want to talk to anyone with a camera rolling.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member