ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally do not see how he made it about himself in that interview, but thats human, we all see things in a different light.

I personally do not see how he made it about himself in that interview, but thats human, we all see things in a different light.

Agreed, no more than mom made her interviews about how she is better than the dad. Yes, the mom was more "eloquent" in her description of Ayla, but I don't find that particularly telling, it could just be a mars/venus example to be honest

I wasn't meaning this interview so much as the statements, where he came off defensive to me, explaining more about why he wasn't speaking than about Ayla, IMO.

I am not saying I think he is guilty of anything except maybe poor judgement in choice of friends (if a friend harmed or took her) and not checking on her for such a long period, which really bugs me personally, regardless of all of the debates about infants and babies who sleep 12-14 stretches, etc...I would think that a "new" father would be anxious and want to make sure she was okay, especially since she was injured and possibly in pain. To not even peek in her room for a dozen or so hours is beyond my comprehension, cold weather, maybe she dropped her blanket, or got tangled up in her sling, who knows? How did anyone not check on her??????????????/

He says she was ' MY world." and people say it is all about him because he used the word 'my.' I think that is kind of unfair. He is saying SHE is his whole world. His everything. I don't see how that makes it all about him. I think that is what a 'normal' dad might say.

As a matter of fact my husband used those exact words when we went out on New Years day and he said how the empty nest syndrome was hitting us both suddenly. He said to me. " the kids were my world" and we need to expand our worlds a bit now. I didn't see that statement as a self centered one at all.

We moan and complain when a parent doesn't do interviews and then we moan and complain about the interview. Blows my mind!!

We have no idea about this mans personality or his emotional state right now. To pick apart 'licking lips' 'shaking head' 'normal night' is petty imo.

It WAS a normal night to him originally. He was asked about BEFORE Ayla was found missing. If there was a boyfriend/girlfriend in the house...maybe that is normal. It's fairly normal for most people to have company on a Friday night. She was in pj's ... normal for bed time. What he says to us, the public, is really his choice -- he did ask for Ayla to be returned, he did say he loves her and she is his world. Because there wasn't the exact connotation in his voice doesn't mean it isn't valid.

I didn't hear one bad thing about mom in this interview....unlike moms interviews about dad more than about Ayla!! I don't know who is responsible for Ayla being missing, but my heart goes out to both parents and families until I am told for absolute that one or the other is to blame.

Message to J...keep working with LE and stay away from public interviews!

I agree, I've pretty much come to the conclusion that if a child goes missing on your watch, it doesn't matter what you say or do, either in front of camera's or on your own, you are for the most part guilty in the eyes of some until either something or someone completely clears you.

It's sad society has become like that.

I went back and listened to the interview and reread the transcript. The good thing that see is JD does not talk about his daughter in the past tense which is good and he did manage a slight smile when asked about his daughter.
So we just wait to see what may develop, hoping it will turn out well in spite of the word foul play. Waiting for more news is hard though. It must be excruciating. Can't imagine how bad it is for the ones that love her and miss her and want answers.

I agree, I've pretty much come to the conclusion that if a child goes missing on your watch, it doesn't matter what you say or do, either in front of camera's or on your own, you are for the most part guilty in the eyes of some until either something or someone completely clears you.

The problem is, they so often are guilty...

It's so sad these children have to be raised in a world like this......I want to believe the dad didn't have anything to do with this disapperance but after his interview this morning, I just don't know..We need to know exactly what went on that evening before she went missing. Who was there, what activites took place....I'm far from perfect and have made so many mistakes but when I had my child he became my 1st and foremost pritory to love him and tend to his every need and want. I will say this, the baby looked so happy in the video, do you guys agree??

And these 2 parents need to put the bad feelings aside and work together on finding this baby girl!!

It's so sad these children have to be raised in a world like this......I want to believe the dad didn't have anything to do with this disapperance but after his interview this morning, I just don't know..We need to know exactly what went on that evening before she went missing. Who was there, what activites took place....I'm far from perfect and have made so many mistakes but when I had my child he became my 1st and foremost pritory to love him and tend to his every need and want. I will say this, the baby looked so happy in the video, do you guys agree??

And these 2 parents need to put the bad feelings aside and work together on finding this baby girl!!

She does look very happy. Hoping there is more happiness for this beautiful little girl. A happy ending would be so welcomed for a change.

She does look very happy. Hoping there is more happiness for this beautiful little girl. A happy ending would be so welcomed for a change.

Just an ending would be preferable to none...the cases without any answers at all are piling up...

Here is my :twocents: FWIW ... :innocent:

I completely understand that "emotions" and "opinions" can be strong in a case such as Ayla's, as to whether "the father did it" or "the mom did it" or "an intruder did it" ... And I see no problem in looking at it from all angles ...

However, in this case, as in so many others I have followed, the mother, the father, the parents, the step-parents "stories" and "statements" etc. ... just NEVER seem to add up for me ... especially when there is a CHANGE in the timeline, etc. ...

Now ... what I find very "telling" in this case is that IF "an intruder did it" -- then WHY is LE NOT putting out ALERTS for parents in the neighborhood and in the City of Waterville and the State of Maine to beware of a "kidnapper" that may be on the loose ?

Now, that does not mean that people and LE are not taking precautions ... but there was nothing from LE -- even a "possibility" that there COULD BE a kidnapper on the loose ... And I would "think" that IF -- IF LE "thought" there was a "kidnapper on the loose" -- they have an obligation to warn the public ...

Ah ... but nothing about a "kidnapper" from LE -- because LE knows they are being told a "story" ... but they have to go through the "motions" ...

I know I know ... there are no witnesses to this so-called kidnapper so a "sketch" cannot be put out there ... AND that is because it is the "same ole story" from the "parents" -- that they put the baby to bed and the parents woke up and the baby was "missing" ...

:waitasec: yeah, right ... and I stopped believing in the "boogey man" a long long time ago ...

MOO ...

There are really only two theories of this crime. Either the father or his associates or family members are responsible or the mother or her associates or family members are responsible. Does anyone suspect stranger abduction in this case?

People usually go with the most obvious or probable explanation in cases lilke this. Words and behavior do raise red flags, again based on what has happened in similar cases. If people don't offer their opinion or analysis of what the principle people have said or done, we might as well just post links to MSM articles because there really is nothing else to talk about when we know nothing about the evidence collected, and there are no named suspects. All MOO.

I completely understand that "emotions" and "opinions" can be strong in a case such as Ayla's, as to whether "the father did it" or "the mom did it" or "an intruder did it" ... And I see no problem in looking at it from all angles ...

However, in this case, as in so many others I have followed, the mother, the father, the parents, the step-parents "stories" and "statements" etc. ... just NEVER seem to add up for me ... especially when there is a CHANGE in the timeline, etc. ...

Now ... what I find very "telling" in this case is that IF "an intruder did it" -- then WHY is LE NOT putting out ALERTS for parents in the neighborhood and in the City of Waterville and the State of Maine to beware of a "kidnapper" that may be on the loose ?

Now, that does not mean that people and LE are not taking precautions ... but there was nothing from LE -- even a "possibility" that there COULD BE a kidnapper on the loose ... And I would "think" that IF -- IF LE "thought" there was a "kidnapper on the loose" -- they have an obligation to warn the public ...

Ah ... but nothing about a "kidnapper" from LE -- because LE knows they are being told a "story" ... but they have to go through the "motions" ...

I know I know ... there are no witnesses to this so-called kidnapper so a "sketch" cannot be put out there ... AND that is because it is the "same ole story" from the "parents" -- that they put the baby to bed and the parents woke up and the baby was "missing" ...

:waitasec: yeah, right ... and I stopped believing in the "boogey man" a long long time ago ...

MOO ...

It might not have been a random intruder. It might have been someone within the family circle.

MOO ...

I think putting out a statement there is the possibility of a kidnapper in the area is sort of stating the obvious, it's not like they're hiding the fact a child is missing and due to a criminal act. Plus, I honestly do not think they're saying it's one thing or another, all possibilities remain open, or at least in terms of what they're publicly releasing.

It might not have been a random intruder. It might have been someone within the family circle.

Yes, possible ... and IF so, WHY would the "family circle" PROTECT this person ?

IMO ... Justin's family have NOT spoken up in defense of this missing baby, which is very "telling" ... and IF it was someone within the family circle, what took Justin sooooooooo long to talk to the media ? :waitasec:

WHO are they protecting ?

IMO ... it makes no sense ...

WHAT does make sense is IF you believe someone in your "circle" took the baby, then you need to tell LE -- and should have told them from the MINUTE the 9-1-1 call was made ...

MOO ...

Now ... what I find very "telling" in this case is that IF "an intruder did it" -- then WHY is LE NOT putting out ALERTS for parents in the neighborhood and in the City of Waterville and the State of Maine to beware of a "kidnapper" that may be on the loose ? Now, that does not mean that people and LE are not taking precautions ... but there was nothing from LE -- even a "possibility" that there COULD BE a kidnapper on the loose ... And I would "think" that IF -- IF LE "thought" there was a "kidnapper on the loose" -- they have an obligation to warn the public ...

MOO ...

BBM. I don't believe there is any evidence that it was a stranger abduction.

What I find most compelling is the finger-pointing by the mother. Her other fingers are pointing back at herself.

JMO

Yes, possible ... and IF so, WHY would the "family circle" PROTECT this person ?

IMO ... Justin's family have NOT spoken up in defense of this missing baby, which is very "telling" ... and IF it was someone within the family circle, what took Justin sooooooooo long to talk to the media ? :waitasec:

WHO are they protecting ?

IMO ... it makes no sense ...

WHAT does make sense is IF you believe someone in your "circle" took the baby, then you need to tell LE -- and should have told them from the MINUTE the 9-1-1 call was made ...

MOO ...

BBM- It's quite possible Justin did this.

He seemed a bit stiff, and kind of at a loss for the correct words. But he did not seem evil or phony, imo.

And it did not seem that weird or hinky to say it was a normal night. It may have been a 'normal' bedtime, a routine night. then suddenly she was gone. I don't know, but I don't see him as evil personified as many seem to.

I think people have felt suspicious of him (myself included), considering the arm in a sling and her disappearance while he's supposed to be caring for her. I haven't read anyone's opinion on here where he's been seen as evil personified but I could be wrong. Unfortunately, this is likely a case of custody where it went too far. JMO

I'll be surprised if this is simply one parent hiding the baby from another. And even more surprised if Mom managed to sneak in and get Ayla or have someone do so. Somehow I picture a more confrontational, accusatory scene if she had gone up to retrieve Ayla, rather than cat-burlgar antics, JMO. I fear Ayla has been harmed by somone who was in the father's home as a friend or a resident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member