ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Q: Can you give us a sense why you are coming forward now?

JD: Uh, there is a few reasons why. Um, initially, the first few days, I was emotionally incapable of coming out to do an interview and I had been advised that, by coming on and doing an interview, by law enforcement, that it could possibly hinder the investigation. And, I'm here to help in any way I can, and by coming on here, it was in hopes of reaching out to the person that, that does have my daughter. To let them know that what you're doing isn't right, you may think what you're doing is right for Ayla. But it's not, you have no right. You're not her parent. She belongs home with her family.

It's part of the reason I'm coming on here today, in hopes of reaching out to the person that does have her.

I don't know anything about statement analysis, but the word does that JD inserted into his statement just gives me the feeling he knows who has her. Instead of saying the person that has her he says the person who does have her like it is fact and he knows who. JMO

I thought the SAME thing precisely. And how he said, "you're not her parent"...how does he know Trista didn't take her?

I stand by my feeling that he or someone in that house that night, knew about her filing for custody and decided to take the law into their own hands. The coincidence cannot be ignored and the fact there were other people in the house that night strikes me as also 'coincidental'.

The other thing is, whoever took her, probably didn't work on the weekend since she was missing on a Friday night. They had the whole weekend to go away from there, maybe even to Canada. I assume by now, the people there have all been accounted for but what about acquaintances of those that were there?

I thought the SAME thing precisely. And how he said, "you're not her parent"...how does he know Trista didn't take her?

I stand by my feeling that he or someone in that house that night, knew about her filing for custody and decided to take the law into their own hands. The coincidence cannot be ignored and the fact there were other people in the house that night strikes me as also 'coincidental'.

The other thing is, whoever took her, probably didn't work on the weekend since she was missing on a Friday night. They had the whole weekend to go away from there, maybe even to Canada. I assume by now, the people there have all been accounted for but what about acquaintances of those that were there?

I does seem that he may know exactly what's going on. There is a statement analysis guy on the web. Wonder if he will take this interview apart line for line. I will try and check later on.

Just a normal night??? Wasn't it reported that there were other people in the house? Others who aren't family? Family and friends? It was FRIDAY night! That has my alarm bells going since there could have been some partying going on JMO.

I just watched the interview and I noticed that he doens't really answer the questions directly e.g. when asked about how Trista was questioning his parenting skills. Whose car was taken along with his? Who was over that night? How many cars were in the driveway that evening? Is the staircase blocked for the toddlers who sleep upstairs?

I just watched the interview and I noticed that he doens't really answer the questions directly e.g. when asked about how Trista was questioning his parenting skills. Whose car was taken along with his? Who was over that night? How many cars were in the driveway that evening? Is the staircase blocked for the toddlers who sleep upstairs?

:giggle: I wish WSers could do these interviews. we'd get all the important info a lot faster.

The statement analysis guy already has posted and taken apart JD statement. There are a few posters here concerned about "just a normal night" According to statement analysis, you are correct. Those words suggest it was NOT a normal night. About JD making it all about him, well that is exactly what he did. Interesting read but I don't think I can post the site. Maybe if any are curious you can google it.

The statement analysis guy already has posted and taken apart JD statement. There are a few posters here concerned about "just a normal night" According to statement analysis, you are correct. Those words suggest it was NOT a normal night. About JD making it all about him, well that is exactly what he did. Interesting read but I don't think I can post the site. Maybe if any are curious you can google it.

Thank Ricki, I just read it too and there are many of the same things that I noticed plus lots more.

"I can tell you what I'm not..." weirdness

Can you tell us what makes Ayla special? No direct answer except that he loves her. He has distanced himself to her, IMO.

What are you doing to help? No real answer except to mention that he is on the show (isn't he getting some cash for this interview too?) No local interviews? Hmmmm

Surprise Surprise ... so ... JD decided to "interview up" ...

JMO ... but his interview was "hinky" -- and basically what I expected when I saw the headline on the MSN webpage :

- No EMOTIONS whatsoever from Justin ...

- No PLEA for Ayla from Justin ...

- NO "I miss my daughter" from Justin ...

- NO "I love my daughter" from Justin ...

- Hmmm ... I saw some "lick-lipping" a couple of times :waitasec: do we have a "body language expert handy" ... IIRC, that means "something" and I can't remember right now ...

- And when Justin said it was just a "normal night" -- that means there was "something" that was actually NOT so "normal" ... also, HOW can anything be NORMAL if your baby goes "missing" ? Makes NO sense IMO -- especially when it was reported that there were NON-family members at the house ...

JMO ... but I think that Justin did this interview because he has been criticized for NOT talking directly to the media ...

In other words ... he wanted to take some of the "pressure" off of him and now he can say, "hey, I talked to the media" ...

MOO ...

Thank Ricki, I just read it too and there are many of the same things that I noticed plus lots more.

"I can tell you what I'm not..." weirdness

Can you tell us what makes Ayla special? No direct answer except that he loves her. He has distanced himself to her, IMO.

What are you doing to help? No real answer except to mention that he is on the show (isn't he getting some cash for this interview too?) No local interviews? Hmmmm

Gosh I must not be watching the same interview? Where did you get the no real answer except to mention that he is on the show?? He's doing everything he can and part of that is coming forward to plead to the person who has Ayla. I guess it's damned if you do and damned if you don't with these poor parents of missing children. How sad. If they don't plead for their childrens safe return, they must be guilty. When they do, every single word is analyzed and misconstrued. Boggles my mind.

posted above by askfornina:

Q: What do you think happens now and what are you doing to try and find her at this point?

JD: I just want my daughter home, um, I'm doing anything possible that I can to get my daughter home. Um, feels like a helpless situation at some points, but, I'm doing, doing what I can. It's part of the reason I'm coming on here today, in hopes of reaching out to the person that does have her.

You are welcome.
I don't think the media can pay in cash but they may have compensated him some other way. IDK

Well, that's not good, is it? I had hoped they had at least gone a little bit forward in the investigation. Does he mean they have privately said that it was foul play from day 1 and haven't changed their opinion even though they changed the wording in public?

This answer is a little red flag to me because it's so, so, so nothing. His last memories of Ayla are (seemingly) totally blank. No details whatsoever stand out to him from the last time he saw his daughter. What did they do, what did Ayla have for dinner, did she have a bath, play, was she cranky because of the arm or happy or tired, did she fall asleep easily or did he have to go and tuck her in again, did she have a favorite sleep toy or a blanket... I'm sure there are some little details about Ayla that could be shared without hindering the investigation.

This answer is rather unspecific too. We know that she's his daughter but I think the reporter was wanting to hear, what is her personality like? What activities does she like? What had she learned to do in her 20 months? What makes people love her? I don't think answers to these questions would endanger the investigation in most cases, and personalizing her could help to reach out to the person who has her, or make her more memorable to people in the position of recognizing her. Is it possible that he doesn't really know Ayla that well because their relationship was new-ish?

Not everyone is comfortable in front of cameras. I know I'd probably be so intimidated that I'd probably forget half the things I wanted to say.

Gosh I must not be watching the same interview? Where did you get the no real answer except to mention that he is on the show?? He's doing everything he can and part of that is coming forward to plead to the person who has Ayla. I guess it's damned if you do and damned if you don't with these poor parents of missing children. How sad. If they don't plead for their childrens safe return, they must be guilty. When they do, every single word is analyzed and misconstrued. Boggles my mind.

posted above by askfornina:

Yes it is the same interview. He is babbling through the answer. He is doing everthing he can LIKE WHAT???

n/t he is very suspicious to me and yes it is dammed if you don't in my book. JMO

Q: What do you think happens now and what are you doing to try and find her at this point?

JD: I just want my daughter home, um, I'm doing anything possible that I can to get my daughter home. Um, feels like a helpless situation at some points, but, I'm doing, doing what I can. It's part of the reason I'm coming on here today, in hopes of reaching out to the person that does have her.

I'm doing what I can? Like take a lie detector test? JMO What else did he do other that this? Let the police into the house? Let the police take his car? It's been two weeks?

Dec. 28th. statement by DiPietro.

Entire Justin DiPietro Statement as it was written:

"First of all, I'd like to thank everyone who's been involved in their continued efforts in finding my daughter, Ayla. A special thanks to the residents of Waterville that came together to offer a reward for information leading to Ayla's return. I am pleased with the amount of resources being expended from all the departments of law enforcement. Until now I have not participated in any interviews for I don't want to in any way hinder the investigation.

However, it is important that the people hear it from me personally that I have no idea what happened to Ayla and that I am not hiding. I have been in full cooperation with everyone in this effort, including not adding additional media hype.

I would never do anything to hurt my child. The questions of Ayla's arm or bruises or anything else being said are simply ludicrous. I would never want anyone to spend even a minute in my shoes. No should ever have to experience this. It has affected me in more ways than you can imagine.

I have to believe that Ayla is with somebody and I just want that person to find the courage to do the right thing and find a way to return her safely. Even if that means dropping her off at a church, or hospital, or some place safe..

Again, thank you to everyone in trying to help and thank you to everyone showing your support! Please don't give up or lose hope, because that is easy to do. Please be grateful for what you have. I know what I don't have.

The truth is the truth and when the case is solved, it will be out there. Until then, please try to remain positive and hopeful as I remain confident the Ayla will return safely." - Justin DiPietro's statement to Waterville Police

http://www.wabi.tv/news/26342/ayla-reynolds-father-releases-second-statement

We have seen many parents come forward and plea for their childs safe return only to find out later that they were they were the ones that has caused there child harm. So we/I am suspicious, but I do not know who is guilty at this time or who is not. I guess they are damned if they do or damned if they don't.
It is sad when we have seen so many kids hurt by the ones that were suppose to protect them that it is hard to trust what is being said.
I hope Ayla is found safe and found soon.

Yes it is the same interview. He is babbling through the answer. He is doing everthing he can LIKE WHAT???

n/t he is very suspicious to me and yes it is dammed if you don't in my book. JMO

BBM: I agree ... and he has been on my "radar" since the very beginning ...

And especially when I heard about Ayla's "broken arm" and how it happened, "hinky meter" shot up 100 times ...

Where is Ayla ?

:waitasec:

I don't have any feelings either way about Dad's appearance today.

Mom I tended to find more credible because she has been speaking out from the first, in a more spontaneous way, talking to anyone who offered a microphone. And clearly, to me anyway, he father is mourning the loss of the connection with his granddaughter and is distraught. Mom too said more personal things about Ayla, about worrying whether or not she was cold, hungry, etc.

Either way, nothing to do but wait, as always...

The statement today doesn't change anything for me one way or the other. The lack of words could just be a general discomfort in front of the cameras. I also don't think its fair to bring up his possibly having been compensated; who got paid more then, mom or dad? If it's questioned for one, it should be questioned for the other. The one real sense I got from it was that he was speaking directly to someone, but I'm no expert so who knows. I just wish more information was forthcoming but I doubt it.

As an aside, I see much being made about his not having had a lie detector test, I must have missed information on this. Is he the only one that hasn't taken? When did the mom and others take? I can't find anything about anyone having been asked to take one...

I noticed the shaking of the head "no" while he was talking which is an indicator of a lie, but not sure how reliable it is. He did this is many parts, especially the "normal night" part & at the end of that part, I don't know the terminology but sucking or concealing, biting of the lips (another bad sign). Like I said, I don't know how reliable it is but it was very noticeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member