ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless he's a polygraph examiner, why would he think looking at a graph would confirm the results he'd been told? All MOO

To ask for a copy to take to another polygrapher? In my opinion the fact they wouldn't show him the graph makes me think he passed and they want him to think they think he failed. If he failed I am sure they wouldn't have had a hard time waiving the papers in front of him to show the heavy dark lines that indicate deception. I believe he passed.

Because the gf is in the photo with her child on the morning Ayla is reported missing, I'm just guessing that they spent the night. JMO

--ayla was reported missing on saturday.12/17.

--the pic w/ justin arriving home was on sunday.12/18.

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/Toddler-Search.html
--pic of justin & friends @ link--

December 18, 2011
TODDLER SEARCH

DESPAIR: Maine State Police Detective Christopher Tupper, left, and Waterville Detective Lincoln Ryder, at right, question Justin DiPietro after he arrived at his home on Violette Ave. in Waterville on Sunday as an extensive search was underway at his home and the neighborhood for his 20- month- old daughter Ayla Reynolds who has been missing since Friday.

Thanks Lauriej! Now I'm skeptical about everything, who was there that night, when Ayla was last seen by anyone other than JD or the family. I just can't believe that he was home all night on a Friday. I wonder if he left at any point to go out with his gf?

I don't agree with your thinking here. It's a semantics issue. Ayla was found missing in THE MORNING.

I see how it could just be semantics...but in this missing child's case I am often observing words twisted to mean something that is not completely the truth.

I can not speak for Hoppy here, but I certainly am suspect of what and how each statement is reported.

I see how it could just be semantics...but in this missing child's case I am often observing words twisted to mean something that is not completely the truth.

I can not speak for Hoppy here, but I certainly am suspect of what and how each statement is reported.

Absolutely. :)

Also - after listening to Trista's interviews all day - right NOW - I am totally miffed at how her story changes. She's all over the place - the story isn't consistent at all - but at the same time - I can't quite come up with anything logical as to why she changes her story on certain things.

*sigh* it's all become so confusing and mis-spoken and mis-reported.....

WHERE IS AYLA!?!?!?!?!?!

Thanks Lauriej! Now I'm skeptical about everything, who was there that night, when Ayla was last seen by anyone other than JD or the family. I just can't believe that he was home all night on a Friday. I wonder if he left at any point to go out with his gf?

Exactly, Matou. I wonder if anyone in that house, with the exception of the 2nd child, was inside the house the entire night. Did anyone, with the exception of the children, really go to sleep that night? I'm still thinking of the possibility of people coming and going all through the night - just like happened at my neighbors' house years ago. That would explain how someone could just walk in and snatch a sleeping child. JD and any other family member present that night would not be suspicious of people coming and going throughout the night if it were a common occurrence.

On the other hand -- and this is just speculation based on what happened in my neighborhood -- meth addicts go on a drug binge for several days with no sleep, and then crash and sleep for 24 hours or more. That explained why my neighbors would suddenly get quiet for a couple of days after several days of constant activity at their house. So, just hypothesizing that IF something similar was happening at the DiPietro's the night Ayla disappeared, if there were sleeping adults in the house, they may have been sleeping too soundly to be awakened by any commotion in or around the house. MOO

I understand. However, when talking about who was present at the home, I can't see how there is any relevance to who was there other than the evening before the child was found missing at 8-9 am in the morning. Therefore, when LE tells who is in the house, their concern is who was there from the time Ayla went to bed until the time she was found gone in the morning.

That said, all LE knows is what they have been told by the family. 20 people or 2 people could have been there. People could have come and gone throughout the night. We just don't know.

From LE stating that JD is not telling the truth about knowing the results of his test tells me that he was told he did not pass (and that he probably didn't pass, since LE did not say "no comment" when asked about JD's claim that he didn't know, JMO)

I still do not have a problem with Mom, although I know I am in the minority. I think she is a troubled young woman with more than she can handle, and doesn't come across well in live interviews, but I don't see how any of that offsets the fact that Ayla was clearly with her father and several other people when she "vanished." JMO

I was thinking this too! Its all so mixed up I feel like I have nothing to add bc its all so confusing at this point

I feel the same way...that is why I am trying to "think outside the box" so that my brain doesn't remain forever stuck.
I realize my "thoughts" may be "shot down", but please, fellow sleuthers, shoot them down gently.:seeya:

Irrelevant, eh? I wonder if he was told he failed?

I just had the chance to read this article where he took the LDT and I've read it three times just to see if I had misinterpreted what I thought I read. My very first thought was that he must have been told that he failed but he is insisting that he "went in there and smoked it". Just going by his words I'm thinking that he argued with LE about the results. The following part of the article pushed me entirely off the proverbial fence. This sounds too much like Ronald Cummings passing his LDT "with flying colors".

http://www.kjonline.com/news/Missing-toddlers-father-took-polygraph-exam.html

“He knows how he did, because we told him,” McCausland said. “To say that he didn’t know, is just not true.”

McCausland would not say how DiPietro did. “That is something I can’t get into,” he said.

DiPietro said, “I know I went in there and smoked it. I told the truth and that’s that.”

When asked if police told him the results, DiPietro said. “They can tell me whatever they want. Again, I didn’t physically see the results.”

When asked if police told him he failed the test, DiPietro said, “That’s all irrelevant. I wanted to see the results myself. They’re not letting me see them. Why don’t they let the public see them?”

:twocents:

This is my sticking point too.

According to JD is was him, his sister, his gf and the 3 toddlers. I haven't been following this case as closely as some, but it has always bothered me that JD says he didn't know Ayla was missing until what. . .9ish? I first wondered. . .didn't his sister's child wake up before then? Didn't the sister notice Ayla wasn't in her bed? Now add in another adult with another toddler that should have been up by then. .. if they really went to sleep when JD claims. Idk what I think about JD yet, but this knowing that there were 3 toddlers there with their parents just raises my hink radar that much more.

MOO

ETA. . .I have strongly suspected that JD was NOT the one to realize that Ayla was missing. I wonder if he was there. I wonder where his mom was that night. I wonder who really discovered Ayla was gone. :banghead:

This is my sticking point too.

According to JD is was him, his sister, his gf and the 3 toddlers. I haven't been following this case as closely as some, but it has always bothered me that JD says he didn't know Ayla was missing until what. . .9ish? I first wondered. . .didn't his sister's child wake up before then? Didn't the sister notice Ayla wasn't in her bed? Now add in another adult with another toddler that should have been up by then. .. if they really went to sleep when JD claims. Idk what I think about JD yet, but this knowing that there were 3 toddlers there with their parents just raises my hink radar that much more.

MOO

ETA. . .I have strongly suspected that JD was NOT the one to realize that Ayla was missing. I wonder if he was there. I wonder where his mom was that night. I wonder who really discovered Ayla was gone. :banghead:

BINGO! This is very strange. Now there are 3 toddlers in the home and Ayla is only noticed missing at 9 ish the next morning? This with three different adult parents in the home? NO WAY. Not unless everyone was wasted. JMO

From LE stating that JD is not telling the truth about knowing the results of his test tells me that he was told he did not pass (and that he probably didn't pass, since LE did not say "no comment" when asked about JD's claim that he didn't know, JMO)

I still do not have a problem with Mom, although I know I am in the minority. I think she is a troubled young woman with more than she can handle, and doesn't come across well in live interviews, but I don't see how any of that offsets the fact that Ayla was clearly with her father and several other people when she "vanished." JMO

I'm with you. I think that a lot of what might appear to be inconsistencies in her statements can be attributed to a complex, less than ideal situation with Ayla's custody; the fact that emotions are running high; and oh, she's probably also experiencing symptoms of withdrawal. All of those are pretty significant factors in determining perception and memory of events and situations.

One more observation concerning the article concerning the LTD and then I'll hush. I did learn something new about the equipment used for the LTD was a seat pad???

"He also sat on a seat pad that was part of the polygraph exam equipment, he said."

:floorlaugh: I guess this is used to measure "anal clenching"?

This is a first time for hearing about a seat pad for LTD.......:crazy:

:innocent:
MOO

Shortened by me.

I agree. I don't think jd was the person who found Ayla missing. And I am leaning toward not missing but something happened. Whether hurt, given away, or taken (with jd or family aware.).
Some things don't add up and now even more so that there was another toddler there. If the gf and her son spent the night there is NO way all three toddlers slept until after 9am. I have thought through many scenarios and with the information that we have, the taking of ayla from the house without anyone aware is one of the least likely things i have concluded could have happened. Moo

Seat pad???? I'll have to look that one up.

http://www.kjonline.com/news/Missing-toddlers-father-took-polygraph-exam.html

Well, there you have it. I think this guy AND his mother have selective memory or a tendency to spin things their own way. :twocents:
I agree...to some extent. The father said he wasn't allowed to see the results. LE says he was told how he did. Both could still be true. He could have been told he failed (when he feels he shouldn't have), but he was never shown any results to that effect.

The longer I'm on this site, the more I see how statements are snipped to tantalize readers/viewers. Sigh.

What is so ironic is that TR agreed to allow JD to keep Ayla on the condition he moved in with his mother because she felt it was a safer environment for Ayla. Now, PD supposedly wasn't home that night, or for a portion of time the night Ayla disappeared.

I don't think TR had a choice in letting JD care for Ayla while she went through rehab since DHHS was involved, and I doubt she had a formal agreement with JD. I think TR simply conceded to the arrangement providing that he move in with Mom because she (TR) wasn't convinced of his maturity and reliability, and perhaps was uncomfortable with his choice of friends. Unfortunately, living with his mother may not have toned down his social life, and possibly PD wasn't as reliable as TR had hoped in protecting her baby.

This is so sad for the whole family, but especially for TR who trusted that Ayla would be well-cared for while she straightened out her life because, I assume, she wanted to be a better caretaker of her children herself. Hoping Ayla will be found safe!

Knowing that the girlfriend had a young child in the home makes me kind of suspicious, for personal reasons. My stepmom, who I disliked intensely, HATED us. She was always jealous when we came to visit. And she really wanted her kid to have my dad's undivided attention. She hated it that he gave us love and affection. She even made up chit to tell him to try and get us in trouble. She wanted to taint his view of us, and make her kid look like an angel.

So I wonder how she felt when suddenly, Ayla came to live with him. I wonder if it made her angry?

If the other child in the home was actually his gf's baby, then would that mean his sister was probably not there that night either with her baby?

Originally we were led to believe, somehow, that JD was at his mother's home, with her and his sister and baby niece. It all sounded so innocent. But it is changing into something much more suspicious, imo.

I'm thinking that if gf's baby was there + Ayla, that would be the two children, then the gf/JD and his sister. His sisters baby could have been with her dad for the weekend or with grandma??

eta: Sorry, jumped in before reading all I missed today :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member