Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can one collect insurance w/o a body?

Yes once the person has been declared dead legally, and even then there may be trouble.

I also wanted to ask if there's a certain time period you have to wait after getting a policy before you can make a claim on it?

It has been 2 months. 2 months...she could have at least waited until she consulted an attorney?

And from everything I read TR say in the media, she is at least partially "holding out hope."
It has been 2 months. 2 months..and no one from that house has given a sensible explanation for what happened that night. Could she possibly be doing this to keep Ayla in the news, to put pressure on someone to talk?
If you notice this story seems to drop from the news until she releases another statement, then it is in the news again for a few days.

You guys really think Le told her the results of JD's LDT?
I wouldn't think so, but maybe someone unofficially did. Regardless, I don't look at an LDT as a pass/fail sort of thing. I'd want to know on what specific questions deception was noted.

You guys really think Le told her the results of JD's LDT?

I don't think they told her he failed, but they may have told her he showed deception on some questions. I suspect later, she may get more specific as to what.

It has been 2 months. 2 months..and no one from that house has given a sensible explanation for what happened that night. Could she possibly be doing this to keep Ayla in the news, to put pressure on someone to talk?
If you notice this story seems to drop from the news until she releases another statement, then it is in the news again for a few days.

Got ya...she probably is doing it to keep her in the news, but all attention is not good attention.

Side note, I have to applaud Bangor Daily News for not reporting the stuff that has not been independently confirmed!

Yes once the person has been declared dead legally, and even then there may be trouble.

I also wanted to ask if there's a certain time period you have to wait after getting a policy before you can make a claim on it?

BBM

Good question. If we knew the terms and exclusions in this particular policy, we could better judge whether or not there would be any sort of motive with regard to a payout.

BBM

Good question. If we knew the terms and exclusions in this particular policy, we could better judge whether or not there would be any sort of motive with regard to a payout.

IMO, I don't think any insurance company would pay out in this situation. Insured is missing, status is unknown. It took years for a judge to declare Natalee Holloway legally dead.

Thank you for your post. Yes, I agree--part of the reason for this story is likely an attempt to keep Ayla in the news. Besides that, I don't quite understand why it would be a bad thing for Trista Reynolds to try to hold DHHS accountable for their involvement in Ayla's placement with Justin DiPietro and consequent injuries and disappearance? What I see is a mother who is trying whatever possible to find answers for her daughter's disappearance. It is also possible that in the process of the investigation into DHHS, pressure will be placed on Alisha DiPietro's situation with her young child. Since Alisha's child was in the same environment as Ayla, hopefully in a roundabout way she will be pressured to talk about the circumstances surrounding Ayla's disappearance.

http://www.wlbz2.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=1454831718001

Sorry, I don' t know how to do links either.

ETA I guess it did turn into a link.

Diana

Thank you for the link. I am so GLAD to see that Ayla's mother, Trista Reynold's, continues to tirelessly keep the focus on Ayla.
I also believe that it is very possible that law enforcement is using Trista as a way of continuing the pressure on the DiPietro's and Courtney Roberts. Law enforcement has to be very careful in what they are on record for saying and revealing regarding the investigation; however Trista Reynolds can legally reveal so much more.

Justin did not get DHHS involved, Law enforcement got DHHS involved. Responding to an earlier poster, if the children were removed from Trista, it's not fair to say she was keeping them safe. As a matter of fact, the opposite would have to be true for DHHS to even get involved.
Did any harm come to Ayla where Trista placed her in her mom and sisters care? No
Did any harm come to Ayla where DFS placed Ayla in Justin DiPietro's home? YES!

In this news report trista says Justin filed to stop child support after she was missing?

http://m.wgme.com/index.php?action=article&title=614f20355bc37618163fb8517fc28c18
Didn't let any grass grow under his feet, did he?

"Reynolds also says she's learned new information from investigators about what Justin DiPietro may have done before and after his daughter went missing. According to Reynolds, DiPietro took out a $25,000 life insurance policy on his daughter after he got custody. Reynolds also says DiPietro told her he filed to end his child support payments after Ayla went missing. Additionally, Reynolds says investigators told her DiPietro failed his polygraph test"
$25,000 insurance on a beautiful little girl who just came to stay with him. I am still waiting to know how he paid for this policy?!

IMO, I don't think any insurance company would pay out in this situation. Insured is missing, status is unknown. It took years for a judge to declare Natalee Holloway legally dead.
Unless of course someone thought Ayla would have been found by now.

Thank you for your post. Yes, I agree--part of the reason for this story is likely an attempt to keep Ayla in the news. Besides that, I don't quite understand why it would be a bad thing for Trista Reynolds to try to hold DHHS accountable for their involvement in Ayla's placement with Justin DiPietro and consequent injuries and disappearance? What I see is a mother who is trying whatever possible to find answers for her daughter's disappearance. It is also possible that in the process of the investigation into DHHS, pressure will be placed on Alisha DiPietro's situation with her young child. Since Alisha's child was in the same environment as Ayla, hopefully in a roundabout way she will be pressured to talk about the circumstances surrounding Ayla's disappearance.
Elisha DiPietro's daughter to me should have been taken out of that home immediately. I really do believe they have someone on the inside of DFS like I've read a couple of places.

MOO

Do you mean the 4th and 14th Amendments? That I could partially agree with, because taking a child is a "seizure" of a person---but the 8th Amendment is cruel and unusual punishment...

I'm sorry, when I was scanning over cases from my state the 8th and the 14th were the ones that repeatedly kept coming up. But after looking more carefully, you are right. The 8th probably doesn't fit in this case. Those cases dealt with disabled wards of the state. . . I think more to do with institutionalized children. But they also dealt with "standard of care." I'm not sure if that applies here. I'm not a lawyer so I start to get a little :crazy: when they start quoting all the precedent cases.

My bad. :o

I wonder who's idea it was for JD to claim "daddy's rights" and take Ayla away from those who truly cared for her.

I think it is only logical to believe that before he claimed Ayla, JD was spending his nights with CR, who just happened to live across the street from JD's buddies. JD was not officially a wage earner, so how would he contribute to his share of expenses among his buddies.

CR may not have been too happy when JD, for the record, "moved" back to his mother's house. I don't believe that JD had much personal property stored at the home of his buddies.

Then we learn that a drug dealer was arrested, a dealer who lived across the street from where JD claimed he was living. The drug dealer was the sister of CR. So, does that make JD a responsible, favorable candidate for taking on a daughter who he had more or less had ignored since she was born.

So, JD, unemployed, with no proof of parenting skills, takes Ayla away from her aunt. Were any legal documents drawn up? Why did TR believe that this was only a temporary arrangement with JD? Did he lie to her? Who took care of Ayla from that time on? Who watched Ayla during the day while JD claimed he was going to school to learn how to drive a bus/truck. Did JD spend all his free time taking care of Ayla at his mother's house? If not, what was the point in him taking her.

JD was delinquent in paying child support he was ordered to pay for Ayla. Was an agency starting to demand those payments from JD.

So, when JD took Ayla away from the ones who loved her, did he think that he could be excused from all child support payments, even the delinquent amounts. Did JD file for any funds from the state, seeing as how he had become an unemployed "custodial parent".

Going by the old adage that "possession is nine-tenths of the law" would TR have to hire an attorney to get Ayla back?

JD cannot and will not provide any reasonable answers to TR's accusations. JD has refused to appear in front of cameras to answer to any of these new points stated by TR. He has hidden himself, and continues to hide the truth.

TR must be frantic at knowing/not knowing/suspecting that something has happened to Ayla. I have real compassion for her, and I cannot imagine the full range of emotions which tear at her heart.

IMO

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/02/...oing-on-offensive-in-search-for-missing-girl/

Does this read like the police want all this info out there but want deniability just in case? "Nope, it wasn't us who said so."

From that article:

"McCausland, who is the only law enforcement official making public statements about the case, has said that no one, including Trista Reynolds, has been ruled out as a suspect in Ayla’s disappearance. "

I find it interesting that Maine LE still have her in the pot of possible 'suspects'.

In other cases - if one parent is clearly not involved - LE usually clears their name, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CAC6968