Deceased/Not Found ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 months, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What did everyone miss? Where is Ayla?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ayla Reynolds: 10 Years Later — Murder, She Told: Maine & New England True Crime

A good podcast - it's worth a listen. I can't believe it's already been 10 years ago since Alya went missing. Hopefully her mom will get answers.

10-year anniversary brings hope
Pursuing legal action in this capacity is extremely costly, and even though William Childs is working pro bono, the cost of third-party forensic testing and expert analysis falls in the lap of Trista and her family. So, Trista’s stepfather, Jeff Hansen, has created a to raise $25,000 to help offset the costs. They have raised $11,000 so far, and they need your help. I have made a donation, and I encourage you to do so as well. This is literally the perfect time to do it. They are hiring experts now and they need your help today. If you would also like to contribute, head to aylareynolds.com and tell them Murder, She Told sent you. I’ll include the link in the show notes and on our website.

And that is where the case currently stands, in December of 2021. A decade after little Ayla Bell was taken from her home and hidden in a place where nobody can find her.

Maybe by this time next year, Trista’s revised Christmas wish will have finally come true, and a grieving family and state will have answers, and justice, for little Ayla Bell Reynolds.

It breaks my heart to see so many cases like Ayla that aren't solved, bodies recovered and the horrid perpetrators getting away with their crimes. I can't imagine being in that position with all those years not knowing what happened and knowing someone has got away with it (usually the culprit is known but can't be proven).

This isn't really me but I wish that their final moments would be due to the same as their victims.

I wonder why the complaint only lists Justin, his sister, and his mother, and not third adult in the residence at the time of Ayla's disappearance.

Does anyone know if any searches were done of either the Quarry road trails or East Kennebec trail both are very densely wooded areas that would not seem to get a lot of traffic at night? The quarry trails are between 3.4-4.1 miles and would take approx between 9-11 minutes from the father's home at the time depending on which route you choose to take. The East Kennebec trail is between 3.5-5.5 miles and would take approx 11-14 minutes to get to from his residence according to google maps.

The lawyer representing Trista Reynolds, Ayla’s mother, wrote in the documents the complaint should be amended to include the two relatives as bearing responsibility for the child’s death, based on new police evidence.

Trista Reynolds alleges the three family members all played a role in trying to “clean up” the child’s death before police could investigate the child’s disappearance, which became the largest and costliest police investigation in Maine history.

ayla-reynolds-2-244x300.jpg

“Plaintiff believes there is sufficient evidence now to allege that Elisha DiPietro and Phoebe DiPietro, individually or together with Justin, had the opportunity and means to participate in causing severe injury to Ayla that led to Ayla’s death,” according to the motion to amend the civil lawsuit, written by Trista’s lawyer, William Childs.

Plaintiff further believes there is sufficient evidence to now allege” that all three DiPietros “participated in an unsuccessful attempt to clean up and conceal the blood stains found in multiple locations” before authorities arrived, Childs writes.

Curious. I wonder why the other adult in the home at the time wasn't also named in the suit, or did I miss it?

It would be great if we could get a age progressed picture of Ayla Reynolds

DEC 17, 2022
[...]

Investigators ruled out any possibility that Ayla left the house by herself or was abducted.

They say they found Ayla's blood in the basement.

Police believe Ayla is dead, though her body has never been found.

Three adults were in the home the night Ayla disappeared, Justin DiPietro, his sister, Elisha DiPietro and his now former girlfriend, Courtney Roberts.

Major Crimes Unit investigators say they believe all three are withholding information.

[...]

I have always thought his former girlfriend would someday turn state's evidence, and tell the DA what happened that night. Maybe she was too involved to do so ?

I have always thought his former girlfriend would someday turn state's evidence, and tell the DA what happened that night. Maybe she was too involved to do so ?
I was wondering the same thing when I originally read PommyMommy's post, and almost posted something similar as you, but you said it much better.

Do we know for sure when she disappeared? Is it possible they called the police days after she disappeared?
I've considered something similar. That perhaps she disappeared a day or two before she was actually reported missing. I don't have anything to support this theory, nothing in the MSM.

I don't think that's possible cause her blood was found in the basement which wasn't old or oxidised when examined
Do we know for sure when she disappeared? Is it possible they called the police days after she disappeared?

If that was so , they would have vanished the traces of blood found .
I've considered something similar. That perhaps she disappeared a day or two before she was actually reported missing. I don't have anything to support this theory, nothing in the MSM.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxxooowow
Back