Deceased/Not Found ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 months, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What did everyone miss? Where is Ayla?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If investigators had evidence indicating a suspect, they'd have arrested someone already.

Quote RSBM.

IMO, they could have a lot of evidence pointing toward a suspect, maybe even enough to probably convict at least of a "lesser crime," but they don't believe it's a 100% sure thing, so they are waiting for one more piece of evidence, possibly even just for her remains to be found. It's not true that all they need is "evidence indicating a suspect." JMO.

Quote RSBM.

IMO, they could have a lot of evidence pointing toward a suspect, maybe even enough to probably convict at least of a "lesser crime," but they don't believe it's a 100% sure thing, so they are waiting for one more piece of evidence, possibly even just for her remains to be found. It's not true that all they need is "evidence indicating a suspect." JMO.

I disagree. I didn't know how to word that, so I used the word indicating. Maybe I should have used pointing to or implicating a suspect, but what I was trying to say is that if investigators had solid evidence that clearly showed one of the adults in the house that night harmed Ayla, they would have arrested them by now.

In the state of maine they cannot arrest or convict anyone of murder etc without the missing body.
Pretty sad. Ayla needs JUSTICE! My question was why couldnt they arrest someone else that was in the house for something small persay. And once they are arrested and in jail, maybe that would allow them to question that person for awhile. I feel the cops didnt do much for AYLA.

In the state of maine they cannot arrest or convict anyone of murder etc without the missing body.
Pretty sad. Ayla needs JUSTICE! My question was why couldnt they arrest someone else that was in the house for something small persay. And once they are arrested and in jail, maybe that would allow them to question that person for awhile. I feel the cops didnt do much for AYLA.:(

Quote RSBM.

In maine, they need the body.

I wish this case got more media attention. Why cant Aylas story be sent in for 20/20 or disappeared or ANY SHOW?? Aylas story needs to be solved. AYLA needs to come home one way or another!!

In maine, they need the body.

RBBM for clarity.

MISSING BODY IN MURDER DELAYS 2D MARRIAGE (Published 1984)

An Etna man who was convicted of killing his wife faces a legal Catch-22 that has prevented him from remarrying because her body was never found.

The man, James Hicks, 31 years old, was found guilty of fourth-degree homicide last March in connection with the death of his wife, Jennie Hicks, and has been serving a 10-year sentence in Maine State Prison in Thomaston.
This is a very old article. Jennie's body was eventually found. James Hicks led authorities to her remains as part of a deal he made with the State of Maine.
One of my teacher's served on the grand jury who indicted him. He said there was a preponderance of circumstantial evidence pointing to her being murdered by her husband, James Hicks, even though they hadn't found her body at the time.
It's not that investigators can't try a "no body" case, some have been tried, resulting in convictions. They just don't like to, because of double jeopardy. When they found Jennie Hicks' body 20+ years later, confirming she'd been murdered, they couldn't try him again because he'd already been convicted of 4th degree murder, which is, I believe, now manslaughter. But they did convict & sentence him because of two other women he murdered in Maine and led authorities to their bodies, too.

Ayla went missing in 2011 from her father's house she was just 20 months old. This led to the third largest search for a missing person in US history. She's never been found. State police held a press conference in May 2012 to discuss recent developments in the case, including the discovery of blood in her father's house and the number of people who were present at the time of her disappearance.[10] The blood was confirmed to be more than a cupful of Ayla's blood, adjacent to DiPietro's bed.[11] The only comment state investigators made at the time of its discovery was that it was 'more blood than a small cut would produce.'[12]

go to amatterofperception.org and type in ayla bell reynolds.
Interesting to say the least.
I live in maine and my sister lived 2 streets over from Justin.

There were too many people home at the time of Ayla's disappearance. This is why they haven't been able to charge anyone with the crime. A lot of the evidence was found in Justin's bedroom and his truck. There was also blood evidence in the living room. I believe that Justin is responsible for Ayla's 'disappearance. The life insurance policy, the blood evidence in Justin's room, and then fleeing the state of Maine are all signs of guilt. Justin fled the state of Maine when Trista tried to have him served/charged for wrongful death. Innocent people don't run. I think the DHS worker should be charged for unlawfully removing Ayla from her aunt's house.

Someone needs to have the courage to come forward and do right by Ayla by telling the police what happened.
Do you (general question for anyone following the case) think someone wants to do so but is staying quiet to protect themselves and their family?

I disagree. I didn't know how to word that, so I used the word indicating. Maybe I should have used pointing to or implicating a suspect, but what I was trying to say is that if investigators had solid evidence that clearly showed one of the adults in the house that night harmed Ayla, they would have arrested them by now.
They won't make an arrest without the body in the state of Maine and they don't want to try him for anything less because of double jeapordy if her body were to be found later... anyarticle you read about the case will tell you nobody broke in, she wasn't able to leave on her own, foul play was involved, she presumed dead and the msp are still saying the 3 adults in the home aren't being honest, with her blood all over their things....

Someone needs to have the courage to come forward and do right by Ayla by telling the police what happened.
Do you (general question for anyone following the case) think someone wants to do so but is staying quiet to protect themselves and their family?
100% Justin's ex, Courtney Roberts was in the home that night and definitely knows something! #boycottsweetmayco

Attachments

• received_2870874559797867.jpeg
    received_2870874559797867.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 28
They won't make an arrest without the body in the state of Maine and they don't want to try him for anything less because of double jeapordy if her body were to be found later... anyarticle you read about the case will tell you nobody broke in, she wasn't able to leave on her own, foul play was involved, she presumed dead and the msp are still saying the 3 adults in the home aren't being honest, with her blood all over their things....

Welcome, fellow Mainiac.
The State of Maine will make-and has made-arrests without a body. It's rare, but "no body" cases are not unheard of here. And it may be true in Ayla's case that investigators don't want to make an arrest without one, but to say "they won't make an arrest without the body in the state of Maine" is not true in general.

100% Justin's ex, Courtney Roberts was in the home that night and definitely knows something! #boycottsweetmayco

Very interesting find. It bothers and saddens me her post is all about her and her hardships, and how the disappearance has affected her and her family with no tender feeling whatsoever for Ayla. Not even an attempt at concern over her. There's no mention of regard, mourning, care, or sympathy for Ayla at all, as if she's the victim, not a lost little girl. I'm gobsmacked.

Hard to believe it's been nearly a decade. This is one of the many cases that will stick with me. One day I would like to see her remains found and given proper respect. I know that with each passing year and the continued silence by those present in that home that night the odds grow less and less likely that will ever happen.

DEC 12, 2021
Father of missing Maine toddler to be interviewed in civil lawsuit | newscentermaine.com
The father of a missing Maine toddler is expected to be interviewed 10 years after the disappearance, as part of a civil lawsuit seeking to hold him accountable for her death.

[...]

The Morning Sentinel reports that her mother, Trista Reynolds, sees the interview as an indication that progress is ramping up, giving her renewed hope.

[...]

DEC 12, 2021
Father of missing Maine toddler to be interviewed in civil lawsuit | newscentermaine.com
The father of a missing Maine toddler is expected to be interviewed 10 years after the disappearance, as part of a civil lawsuit seeking to hold him accountable for her death.

[...]

The Morning Sentinel reports that her mother, Trista Reynolds, sees the interview as an indication that progress is ramping up, giving her renewed hope.

[...]
Wow, good for her. I am glad to see that she is still going after that scoundrel. It is astounding, the way LE has allowed him to weasel out of this situation. :(

Ayla is at the top of my list of cases that need to be reopened and finally resolved. :mad:

[also little Mya, from Georgia, disappeared from her front yard when her Mom had to leave, and the little boy, around 5 , his name escapes me now, but he was supposedly out front while his stepdad was 'working on a car' and he suddenly vanished. Turned out that story about the car was BS, but nothing has happened in his case either. ]

Ayla Reynolds' mother speaks out

PORTLAND (WGME) — Tens of years ago, a case gripped Maine and the nation, the disappearance of 20-month-old Ayla Reynolds.

It’s been the most extensive investigation in state history but the truth about what happened to Ayla remains a mystery.

WGME sat down with Ayla’s mother, Trista Reynolds, who shared memories of her daughter and thoughts about what happened to her.

“I got one Halloween, one Thanksgiving, and one Christmas with her. It’s all we had,” Reynolds said.

“She was awesome. She loved to dance and she loved to smile. She’d wake up in the morning jumping in her crib,” Reynolds said. “That’s how I knew she was awake.”

In 2011, the Maine Department of Health and Human Services temporarily placed Ayla with her father, Justin DiPietro.

Two months later, Maine State Police said DiPietro reported the 20-month-old missing from his Waterville home.

Investigators ruled out any possibility that Ayla left the house by herself or was abducted, and said they found Ayla’s blood in the basement.

Police believe Ayla is dead, though her body has never been found.

Reynolds said she does not know what happened to her daughter.

“I do know that whatever did happen in that basement, she suffered a terrible death,” she said. “The evidence that’s come out. The things that I’ve seen. I try to piece it myself. But then it’s like, I don’t think I want to know.”

Three adults were in the home the night Ayla disappeared: Justin DiPietro, his sister, Elisha DiPietro, and his now former girlfriend, Courtney Roberts.

Maine State Police Major Crimes Unit investigators have said they believe all three are withholding information.

“Yep. And two of them have daughters,” Reynolds said.

“Whatever they hide and whatever they’re holding onto, that’s something that they have to live with for the rest of their life,” she said.

“I hope it keeps haunting them. And I’m hoping today and tomorrow, oh, I hope it’s haunting them really bad right now. I really do,” Reynolds said.

Reynolds has filed a civil lawsuit seeking to hold Justin DiPietro accountable for Ayla’s disappearance and death.

“It’s frustrating that for 10 years I’ve wanted the answers, but we’re not getting them,” she said. “That’s what I want. I want the truth.”

Reynolds is now living in South Portland with her two sons.

She and several neighbors have put up pink lights in memory of Ayla, who would have turned 12 this spring.

“I think about it sometimes. I think how life would be if she was here,” she said.

“My 8-year-old has now finally started asking questions about her,” Reynolds said.

“He asked, he said, ‘Is she in heaven? That was a hard one to take. And I said, ‘Yeah.’ And he said, ‘Does she have wings? Does she fly?’ I said, ‘She’s got the most beautiful wings you’ll ever see.’ And he said, ‘How do you know?’ And I said, ‘Because God made sure of it,'” she said.

Reynolds said when it comes to Ayla, her main goal is to get for her daughter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back