Found Deceased ME - Kristin Westra, 47, North Yarmouth, 30 Sept 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The husband IMO would only "Drive" to the fire house only because he may not have wanted to use his cell phone...as this would place him somewhere other than home maybe? Also cell data can be incriminating. I find it very odd he drove to alert officials of his wife's disappearance. 99% would have called 911. Correct? The last thing IMO I would do is to waste more time and drive-I would panic and want immediate help. Also when you do call 911 it is recorded and analyzed as well....

I believe I read he drove around to various spots he thought she would be, then he went to the fire house.

I'm sitting on my hands with this one, will wait for more info.

The husband IMO would only "Drive" to the fire house only because he may not have wanted to use his cell phone...as this would place him somewhere other than home maybe? Also cell data can be incriminating. I find it very odd he drove to alert officials of his wife's disappearance. 99% would have called 911. Correct? The last thing IMO I would do is to waste more time and drive-I would panic and want immediate help. Also when you do call 911 it is recorded and analyzed as well....

FTR a poster who lives in the area says Mr. Westra had been out looking for her, and stopped by the station because he was already out.

I believe I read he drove around to various spots he thought she would be, then he went to the fire house.

I'm sitting on my hands with this one, will wait for more info.
Yes, from the timeline posted on the previous page he says:

"After that, I started to walk in a few places that I could think of. I got in my car and drove to a few places that I could think of, places where she would go for a run in the neighborhood. And after that, I stopped and I went [sic] in the center of town there's a small park, and I stopped and I asked a sheriff to help us. And after the sheriff started helping us he followed me back."

Another thing: Therapists don't usually work on Sundays unless in a hospital/mental health facility (after being admitted and if you are admitted they usually extend your stay into the regular work week so you have access to those therapists in the hospital/mental health facility). If this is the case there are surely records (although private) of visits. Also labs for blood work aren't open on Sundays either.... I just find this very odd...Therapist also cannot prescribe meds. If she did visit a hospital maybe a Dr. prescribed sedation type meds and she reacted badly to those...?

Yes, from the timeline posted on the previous page he says:

"After that, I started to walk in a few places that I could think of. I got in my car and drove to a few places that I could think of, places where she would go for a run in the neighborhood. And after that, I stopped and I went [sic] in the center of town there's a small park, and I stopped and I asked a sheriff to help us. And after the sheriff started helping us he followed me back."
And this is from an earlier article. A slightly different version:

Jay Westra drove to the nearby North Yarmouth Fire Department on Walnut Hill Road around 9 a.m. Monday to report his wife missing, according to Lt. Mark Holmquist of the Maine State Police.

Another thing: Therapists don't usually work on Sundays unless in a hospital/mental health facility (after being admitted and if you are admitted they usually extend your stay into the regular work week so you have access to those therapists in the hospital/mental health facility). If this is the case there are surely records (although private) of visits. Also labs for blood work aren't open on Sundays either.... I just find this very odd...Therapist also cannot prescribe meds. If she did visit a hospital maybe a Dr. prescribed sedation type meds and she reacted badly to those...?
He did say the blood was supposed to be drawn Monday and she met with a nurse practitioner on Sunday that he personally knew, so maybe a favor for a friend type situation.

Moo

I find it odd too. However, Westra said the blood work would be done on Monday.

"With the approval of HB 4334 earlier this year, West Virginia became the latest state to pass legislation allowing Nurse Practitioners to diagnose and treat patients without the oversight of a physician; however, the state still does not allow NPs to prescribe independently."--> Interesting.

I think it said in the Timeline article that she saw a family friend (who’s a nurse practitioner) on Sunday at 3pm.

Last edited:
It’s implied in the article that the NP is her sister-in-law.

I’m felling this is going to end up like Jennifer Huston a few years ago. I truly hope not.
That's the case that popped into my head at first, but I sure am stumped by cameras filming her coming home, but no footage or muddy footprints of her leaving.

Plus keys, car, phone, everything is in the house.

In the Jennifer Huston case there was footage of her at a store, her car was missing, etc.

Moo

IMO -->Well the NP whoever it is will be answering questions now. Also as the NP-If Kristin seemed very distraught and depressed or overwhelmed with uncontrollable anxiety and unable to sleep, the NP should have driven her to a mental health facility or hospital for screening/evaluation by intake/triage professionals. We cannot take chances these days and as a precaution you over care!!

Nurse practitioners (NPs) in Maine are authorized to practice independently and without physician supervision or a collaborative agreement after practicing for 24 months under the supervision of a licensed physician or NP. NPs are required to practice within their qualifications and the scope of practice as authorized by state law. The state board of nursing is authorized to grant prescriptive authority to qualified NPs for drugs and Schedules II-V controlled substances. NPs are recognized as primary care providers in Maine.
Maine Scope of Practice Policy - State Profile

Just thinking here...

Maybe husband thought he'd drive around for a bit and look for her and then just decided "Forget it" and drove to report her missing? Doesn't seem like a huge town. If he wasn't at home, maybe he thought it'd be faster to just drive to report her missing?

Agree, it is odd she'd leave with flip flops during that cold and rainy night.

Also, she is a teacher. She would have gotten up within an hour or so anyway, to get ready for work and to take the ferry to the island that she taught at her elementary school. I knew something was niggling strange at the back of my mind and realized that the 3:00 am waking up in itself isn't strange, but her leaving the house at that time or shortly after is. Allegedly, they think she went walking in her flip flops, in the cold, dark, and rainy part of the morning. It would not get light out for a couple of more hours.

Things bring something to my mind.

Is it possible she got a ride from someone to go to work, another teacher, etc. and didn't make it to the ferry?
Is there a walk from a car to the ferry that she may have made by herself or something?

Gah. This is driving me crazy.

Where are you, sweet lady?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members