Found Deceased ME - Kristin Westra, 47, North Yarmouth, 30 Sept 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the input.

So the police station would be closer than the fire station he drove to report her missing?

Eta: And how is cell service/power in your area? Any reason he would have had to drive to report her missing instead of calling 911?

Wondering if he thought maybe if he reported her missing in person, they wouldn't search the house? KWIM?

JMO.

I hope they've searched the house thoroughly...

I find this to be an odd statement, too. What was the purpose of saying it and stating it this way?

I think I missed something.
Did the husband say she had a full dinner?
The brother said she hadn't been eating/sleeping well?

Maybe the husband was trying to cover the fact that she wasn't doing well?

Just a thought.

<modsnipped quoted post>

What would make you believe someone in this situation?

I'm watching him and forming my early, and very general, opinion that he's innocent. When I watch his interview, I see a man who has a hunch she committed suicide.

But there's so much we don't know. I'd like to know if there IS any mud that would have tracked footprints as some have suggested. So many questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I missed something.
Did the husband say she had a full dinner?
The brother said she hadn't been eating/sleeping well?

Maybe the husband was trying to cover the fact that she wasn't doing well?

Just a thought.

This doesn't immediately register to me as suspicious, because I would expect the person who lives in the house with her to have a better grasp of her most recent eating activity. And maybe that's why Westra stated that she had a full dinner, because she HADN'T been eating well.

"He also said his wife had a safety assessment and she was deemed not to be at risk to harm herself or anyone else. "

Up until this year, I was a teacher.....I'm familiar with referring and requiring students to undergo a "safety/risk assessment".....there HAD to be something significant going on with Kristen for them to feel this was advisable. This came about ANY time a student mentioned self-harm & suicidal thoughts. I feel in my bones that is where this will lead (sadly).

From that article, hes talking about the empty room he thought she went to sleep in:

"And then after my shower, I walked by it, did not see her, panicked slightly about that"

I wonder why he panicked so quickly. I feel like I would just assume my spouse was in the bathroom, cooking, watering the garden, etc. I don't feel like an empty bed would give me any feeling of panic right away.

Moo
We have an extra room, with furniture, and sometimes our son will sleep there, sometimes in his bed. When I go to wake him up, if he’s not where I think he will be, or was at bedtime, I have a quick panic moment, then go to the other room, it’s just a reflex, and he’s 16 btw

Correct me if I am mistaken... There is no evidence of her leaving, right?
If she was going to end her life or even just disappear intentionally I don't see the need for her to hide her departure. I'm sure she was aware of the neighbors camera...

I wonder if they're really giving up the search o r if they're just hoping to put a suspect (or even kw) at ease...

This doesn't immediately register to me as suspicious, because I would expect the person who lives in the house with her to have a better grasp of her most recent eating activity. And maybe that's why Westra stated that she had a full dinner, because she HADN'T been eating well.

I can see that side as well. Trying to stay open minded, but...

How far could she have gone? Why WOULD she have gone incredibly far? They said they searched within 1.5 miles of her house. Why would she have walked that far if she intended on suicide?

Looking at a map of the area and considering the suicide risk these are the places I hope they search:
1)Walk the tracks east and west of road #231
2)canoe or kayak the Royal River from the bridge at 231 all the way to the bay it empties into
3)canoe or kayak the entire waterway at Chandler Brook Preserve to where it empties into Royal River
4) take special care searching all bridge areas of these waterways, particularly the train crossing bridge near the North Rd Bridge.
5)the train bridge, Elm St road Bridge and the island inside of Royal River Reservoir vicinity all close to each other
6) all heavily wooded areas she regularly passes on her runs
And 7) if possible to know her Sunday running route, any areas not too far from the run route that are heavily wooded, or not easily viewed from a street or path.

Last... if you hadn't been eating well, but were planning to travel pretty far on foot very soon and you were determined to make it to your destination, you would likely try to eat a full meal as long as there was time to digest it.

MOO

"Husband stated he went to bed with her at 8 PM. He awoke the next morning and she was no where to be found." That is a very long period of sleeping soundly.

I wonder what her regular wake up time usually on a school day. Waking up at 3 am to start the day wouldn't be too far fetched with an 8 pm bedtime, IMHO. Of course, that's assuming one falls asleep right away. Everyone's sleep requirements are different, and going to bed doesn't always indicate falling asleep right away.

When i logged in and saw so many new pages, I was hopeful there was news. But here we still are :(
Husband saidnthe garage door wasn’t completely closed Bc it would “catch” I wonder if that exit is out of view of the neighbors security cameras?
It definitely sounds like she was having a really hard time with renovations at home and work. No one likes chaos but she was having a REALLY hard time.
As for the mental assessment, that could be nothing more than, “have you ever made plans to hurt yourself” and she could lie and say “no and I never would or will, I promise.”
I think she was in a really dark place and took her own life, i hope I’m wrong. But it doesn’t seem like the neighbors security camera detected her leaving so my guess is she went out the back or side and just hasn’t been found yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en