ME - Lewiston, Mass Shooting, Multiple Scenes, 18 killed *shooter found dead* Oct 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe. I'm sure mental illness was an extremely complicating factor as well.
Very likely. And this just didn’t appear recently….often there’s signs and symptoms for years that just manifest as “quirks” or “weirdness” for instance. Sometimes there’s a catalyst that brings it more to the forefront and makes them more obvious and difficult to ignore or write-off.

At the same time, IMO, it played a part big time, but IMO he wasn’t what would be called “insane.” Kind of reminds me of the Luby’s shooter in Killeen, Texas or the San Ysidro McDonald’s shooter….somewhat similar perpetrators. All had Mental health issues yet not necessarily what could be termed “insane.” I’m a detached observer so a part of me wishes he were alive and in custody to get more insight on the “why.” At the same time I’m also glad there will be no trial, no housing him and wasting tax payer money, etc

We have to figure out what the connection is from suicidal guys ( mostly) going out and shooting up a bunch of innocent people before they off themselves. What is it that makes them commit such violent acts instead of just going out and blowing their brains out? I have no idea why but I think if we can somehow figure this out, we may be able to prevent this from happening again and again and again.

Such a colossal waste of life.

I don't know how to call it, I just can say that not only did he kill absolutely innocent people, he left horrible inheritance to his son.

One question, though: they mentioned that allegedly he started hearing voices after his hearing aids were fitted? Can't comment on this, but given that several victims were deaf, did he know any of them, or maybe included deafness into his delusions? Besides being a mass murderer, he was a murderer who targeted people with a disability, which makes it as ugly as can be.
Bbm.
I believe that's a possibility ?
Omo.

I just checked the Maine weather-unseasonably warm so not bad outside but next week the nights dip below freezing so I am not convinced he would want to be out in that. The thing is: he is from the area so would know about barns, vacant housing, out buildings. I cannot imagine everyone on a lock down but I also can't imagine always thinking this guy could be under the porch or about to swipe a car. Supposedly his car was found at a boat launch... do they think he had another car? a boat? jumped in the Androscoggin ? ...that would be cold. 55F
Water temperature in Brunswick (Androscoggin River) and sea water temperature forecast in Brunswick (Androscoggin River) for the next days
BIBM
The thing is: he is from the area so would know about barns, vacant housing, out buildings.
True, so he knows his chances on the river.

We have to figure out what the connection is from suicidal guys ( mostly) going out and shooting up a bunch of innocent people before they off themselves. What is it that makes them commit such violent acts instead of just going out and blowing their brains out? I have no idea why but I think if we can somehow figure this out, we may be able to prevent this from happening again and again and again.

Such a colossal waste of life.
I am hesitant to generalize, but I completely agree. There is an undeniable stereotype of the people who commit these acts.

Do you have a link to that? Thank you!

His sister in law, Katie Card told various reporters/outlets this information.

'I have known Rob my whole life,' she told the Daily Beast on Thursday.

'He is quiet but the most loving, hardworking, and kind person that I know. But in the past year, he had an acute episode of mental health, and it's been a struggle.'

She added that Card told his family that he could hear voices criticizing him while he was in the bar and bowling alley.

'He truly believed he was hearing people say things,' she added. 'This all just happened within the last few months.'

She said that Robert Card recently began wearing powerful hearing aids to combat hearing loss. Since then, Card said her brother-in-law has been insisting to his family that he can hear people bashing him—including at Just-In-Time Recreation bowling alley and Schemengees Bar and Grill, where he’s accused of gunning down 18 people on Wednesday night.

Katie Card said the family did their best to reassure Robert Card that the comments were not real, including by verifying with some of the people he claimed had made the remarks. But, she said, “it turned into a manic belief.”

His sister-in-law told The Daily Beast Card claimed that new hearing aids allowed him to hear people at Schemengees Bar & Grille ‘bashing’ him.

The bar was the scene of the second shooting and had been hosting a cornhole tournament for the ‘tight-knit’ deaf community, which he had also competed in.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ezinu
Back