ME - Lewiston, Mass Shooting, Multiple Scenes - Oct 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is a reasonable possibility. I don't think the Androscoggin river is passable very far south because of the numerous dams (without locks/bypasses) along the way. He wouldn't have been able to go more than two miles downstream, and not at all upstream (from that particular boat launch). Perhaps he left the motorcycle at that boat launch, launched his boat on the Kennebec river, drove back up to Lisbon and left the white vehicle, then headed back to his boat and ditched the bike. I'm reaching, I know, but he did have I believe over 3 hours of lead time before they found his car (or maybe it wasn't there yet).
Is the river shallow around that boat launch? I have seen it a few times in other places and it was cloudy; had obstructions, had moose in it(!)...cannot imagine finding things in it, but maybe LE is hoping he dropped or discarded something? When I see the car with the door open, I keep thinking that he left it that way, though maybe LE had already opened it. I am unclear if he was just raging or had actually planned something. Unclear if he was in some paranoid frenzy, or acting out on a plan.

I keep thinking about opening day tomorrow.

October 28th opening day for Maine residents.. firearms.

So a man hiding in the woods with a gun possibly in cammo would not stand out. He could blend right in and possibly get away or more around because many people will be in the woods, with rifles, in cammo, face coverings, bundled up, etc.

I wonder if they can close those woods in the area they think he could be in? I know people will be more vigilant because everyone should know they are looking for him by now, but they also will be at risk because if he thinks he's likely to be caught, he could start "hunting" the hunters. :(

We have to ask ourselves why did it take so long for identification to take place. I think authorities have a habit of 'protecting' the general public from the catastrophic injuries victims receive from high powered weapons. Decapitation, traumatic amputations and unrecognizable body parts are why. Maybe these types of things should be made public. You can't hurt the family members anymore than they already have been.
I have also thought that if LE believed he was targeting certain groups or families they might not have wanted to release any information while they were trying to ensure other group members or family members were safe or had time to move or hide.

Has anyone seen confirmation in solid mainstream media that RC's Bayliner boat (if that's what he has) is missing? I see a piece in something called "The Messenger," but I gather that that has mixed reliability. If it indeed is missing, finding it would be key. It also seems likely there would be a BOLO for it. Which there may have been, but I haven't heard anything about it.

BTW, based on very little evidence, my gut tells me tells me he probably killed himself somehow. I think I have that feeling because there have been no recent sightings or evidence of him and also because of reports about the note he left.

JMO

Are we giving this guy to much credit? He went into 2 businesses, didn't try to hide his appearance, did his devastating killings and left. LE must know what he was driving at that point. Did they ever say they were looking for him and what he was driving? I don't recall the vehicle being described.
They found his abandoned car, so that must have been the one he used that night, otherwise wouldn't they be alerting the public to be on the look out for a certain car or motorcycle?

I really hope that this is resolved sooner than later because the more time that passes the more sensational he becomes. I think he's going to kill himself or be killed by LE and that will be the end of the story. If he wanted to live he would turn himself in. All JMO.

Has anyone seen confirmation in solid mainstream media that RC's Bayliner boat (if that's what he has) is missing? I see a piece in something called "The Messenger," but I gather that that has mixed reliability. If it indeed is missing, finding it would be key. It also seems likely there would be a BOLO for it. Which there may have been, but I haven't heard anything about it.

BTW, based on very little evidence, my gut tells me tells me he probably killed himself somehow. I think I have that feeling because there have been no recent sightings or evidence of him and also because of reports about the note he left.

JMO
I don't think there's any confirmation on his boat, jetski or motorcycle. I haven't seen any posters with pics of those items. They have sent out the coast guard to search, so I'm assuming they're thinking it's possible. If he took a boat out to open water and sank it, it would be impossible to ever find him.
I agree, I think he killed himself.

JMO
Coast Guard was involved... no mention of Bayliner

Last edited:
Are we giving this guy to much credit? He went into 2 businesses, didn't try to hide his appearance, did his devastating killings and left. LE must know what he was driving at that point. Did they ever say they were looking for him and what he was driving? I don't recall the vehicle being described.
They found his abandoned car, so that must have been the one he used that night, otherwise wouldn't they be alerting the public to be on the look out for a certain car or motorcycle?

I really hope that this is resolved sooner than later because the more time that passes the more sensational he becomes. I think he's going to kill himself or be killed by LE and that will be the end of the story. If he wanted to live he would turn himself in. All JMO.
I agree. I hope they find him in that body of water today.

Brian Laundrie was not on the Appalachian Trail, or in Mexico. He was found a few miles from his parent's home in Florida.

I also don't think he had help. Who on earth is going to help someone get away after they've killed that many people? I could see a buddy helping a friend if the friend went after one person in particular who had hurt them badly in the past, but I just can't see anyone helping someone in a situation like this.

We have to ask ourselves why did it take so long for identification to take place. I think authorities have a habit of 'protecting' the general public from the catastrophic injuries victims receive from high powered weapons. Decapitation, traumatic amputations and unrecognizable body parts are why. Maybe these types of things should be made public. You can't hurt the family members anymore than they already have been.
I think the ID happened pretty quickly. I would guess the police immediately had people go to the last known address for him before they announced it publicly. They likely wanted to verify that the relatives were not harmed and could not assist him (me just guessing what happened). They'd have access to his vehicles registered to him, his addresses and so on. Maybe his phone and they immediately "ping" and verify he isn't at the address, he didn't harm say a wife or children or parents before heading out to do this. We have seen in past incidents usually something starts or ends with the immediately family. Something sets them off.. they harm someone they live with and head out to a public location to do more damage. If they conformed they were okay, a vehicle was missing or couldn't ping a phone, then they release a name. Sounds like once the photo was out, it was pretty quickly someone called in with his name. I can't recall the time from the call in with the name until they released his name, but it wasn't too long from what I recall. I think the timeline was in a video on the previous thread.

LE is at Springworks Farm in Lisbon, fairly near the boat launch, searching the area. There are piles of compost, equipment and long tunnels for growing produce. Someone heard a gunshot, but it’s hunting season so who knows. There is a storage unit facility near the boat ramp where he could have stashed a motorcycle or ATV.

Quick update on the greenhouse:
An employee there reported it.
It is less than a mile from the boat dock.
LE is having everyone push back from the area at this time.
Gunshot sound may have come from the woods?
There aren't nearly as many LE responding as there were last night.

CNN is following live from Lisbon, LE has surrounded a greenhouse there.
Someone reported hearing a gunshot, LE came out, and here we are.
I hope this is it, but as others have said people are sighting in their guns right now for tomorrows opening day. I think what used to be just background noise for most is not alarming and everyone will be calling in these gunshot calls, when it's likely most are just those hunters getting ready for tomorrow. Ugh it's just the worst time (not that ANY time is a good time for a mass shooting) for this to have happened because plenty of people will be legally getting their guns ready for opening day and in the woods with guns tomorrow. I'd imagine the police are going to be fielding so many calls for people concerned about hearing gunshots or seeing someone with a gun.

Did Maine gunman Robert Card target deaf friends? Killer had recently been given hearing aids and claimed they let him hear people criticizing him at the bowling alley and bar where he murdered four deaf friends and 14 others

Even if someone criticized him, why would that trigger a response to actually shoot others? How the heck did he survive High School?

LE is at Springworks Farm in Lisbon, fairly near the boat launch, searching the area. There are piles of compost, equipment and long tunnels for growing produce. Someone heard a gunshot, but it’s hunting season so who knows. There is a storage unit facility near the boat ramp where he could have stashed a motorcycle or ATV.
With all of this going on, I hope that hunters will hold off until this guy is caught. Too dangerous right now and folks are going to be reporting every shot they hear (as they should!).

From the article in the Daily fail above:

‘His family say they believe he was targeting his ex who he believed may have been at the bowling alley, and had left a suicide note for his son which included bank account details.’

They are quoting the family as saying the family believes his ex was the target.

I hope his ex-wife is somewhere safe right now.

It's pretty typical to hear gunfire. Even in residential areas, if there's any woods hunters will come. Turkey and geese this time of year. Springworks farm was where they were searching yesterday, are they back out there?

hmmmm...

Card not enrolled in VA health care

6:40 p.m. Robert Card is not enrolled in or using VA health care, according to a spokesperson for the VA. He used VA education benefits in 2004, but he has not used or applied for any VA benefits since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member