ME - Lewiston, Mass Shooting, Multiple Scenes - Oct 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you do?
Turn off all the lights and shelter low on the floor at home?
As a single female who doesn’t own any weapons and on the first floor of my apartment complex… I would grab my butcher knives, run to my closet, be nonstop shaking in my pants and wishing I had a gun. I cannot imagine the panic everyone there has.

Last edited:
Trained firearm instructor...that is scary
A trained firearm instructor who hears voices in his head is terrifying. Why can't we prevent these shootings by medically treating those with obvious symptoms of critical distress and depression that are among us? Lock them up involuntarily, if necessary.

update:
Card was released from treatment in AUG after 2 weeks of mental health care. The staff needs to reassess their treatments. This is not working out so good for the rest of us.

If that's the guy, he looks a lot thinner and younger in today's photos than that one LE released.

Does anyone know, was that a driver's license photo or if not, where did it come from?
The image I posted of Card came from the local police, Lewiston Police Dept's FB page according to News Center Maine YT.

If that's the guy, he looks a lot thinner and younger in today's photos than that one LE released.

Does anyone know, was that a driver's license photo or if not, where did it come from?
It is a driver’s license photo. That’s where the initial images of these guys almost always come from too.

I wonder if he has family in the area. Too many times, after the fact, it's discovered they annihilated their family members (spouse, parents, extended family) before continuing the spree elsewhere. Imo.
He appears to, according to public records. I’m sure they checked on them as soon as he was identified. In addition to what you said, it’s always possible that he would flee there after the fact.

A trained firearm instructor who hears voices in his head is terrifying. Why can't we prevent these shootings by medically treating those with obvious symptoms of critical distress and depression that are among us? Lock them up involuntarily, if necessary.

update:
Card was released from treatment in AUG after 2 weeks of mental health care. The staff needs to reassess their treatments. This is not working out so good for the rest of us.

I mean, that's like saying if anyone gets a DUI, they should get life without parole. It doesn't work that way. You're in the hospital while you're acute. It's like if you have MS. You're admitted when your symptoms are acute and discharged when you're stable. But a hospitalization doesn't cure your MS. It just stabilizes the symptoms and you're safe for discharge. The next time you relapse, you seek treatment. It's the same for mental illness.

Flightradar24 shows 3 life flight helicopters flying right now and the police helicopter still circling the same area as was posted before. I am not sure how to post a photo from my phone since I'm on WS on my laptop. They are still circling around and around in that same circle.. they must have a good idea he's there??

I'm seeing a possible name and a third location, possibly, via local news. Nothin verified yet that I'm seeing but things are moving very quickly.
Those poor people, what a tragedy.
A bowling alley as well ?
Disgusting monster.

Robert Card, 40, from Bowdoin, Maine, was named by Maine state police as the suspect in the shootings at a bowling alley, restaurant and Walmart distribution center.

He was sectioned after saying he was hearing voices, and threatening to shoot up the National Guard base in Saco, Maine.

Card was armed with an AR 15-style rifle with laser optics when he burst into the
bowling alley at 7:15pm to begin his rampage. He is driving a 2013 white Subaru.

Lewiston city administrator confirmed that 22 were dead, local councillor Robert McCarthy said, with 50-60 were injured.
Maine's hospitals said they were declaring a mass casualty event.

Bbm.

Get this guy now !
Part of me wants to see him rot in a tiny cell until he passes.
Or the other option -- go out in a blaze of glory ?
Except that means LE firing at him, with the killer shooting back -- and I don't want more people to be hurt or worse, die.

The bulletin says the man, Robert Card, had been trained as a firearms instructor at a U.S. Army Reserve training facility in Maine. The document says Card had been committed to a mental health facility for two weeks in the summer of 2023. It did not provide specific details about his treatment or condition.

The document also said Card had reported hearing voices and had threatened to carry out a shooting at the military training base in Saco, Maine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member