ME - Lewiston, Mass Shooting, Multiple Scenes - Oct 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Presser notes:

Delay was due to wanting to confirm facts.

-6:56 shooting incidents began.

-Do not approach Card, who is a person of interest

-Shelter in place in Lewiston

-His vehicle located in Lisbon. Shelter in place there as well.

-Hundreds of officers on this

Flightradar24 shows 3 life flight helicopters flying right now and the police helicopter still circling the same area as was posted before. I am not sure how to post a photo from my phone since I'm on WS on my laptop. They are still circling around and around in that same circle.. they must have a good idea he's there??

Attachments

• IMG_2246.jpeg
    IMG_2246.jpeg
    99.3 KB · Views: 4
I mean, that's like saying if anyone gets a DUI, they should get life without parole. It doesn't work that way. You're in the hospital while you're acute. It's like if you have MS. You're admitted when your symptoms are acute and discharged when you're stable. But a hospitalization doesn't cure your MS. It just stabilizes the symptoms and you're safe for discharge. The next time you relapse, you seek treatment. It's the same for mental illness.
I posted about mental health care and you're referring to prison sentences.

Suspect lost his job recently probably due to mental health issues. Once his mental health records are revealed in full, we'll likely see Card should never have been released from a mental health facility. He didn't seek treatment; instead, he killed men, women and children who were viciously shot down while living their best lives.

I posted about mental health care and you're referring to prison sentences.

Suspect lost his job recently probably due to mental health issues. Once his mental health records are revealed in full, we'll likely see Card should never have been released from a mental health facility. He didn't seek treatment; instead, he killed men, women and children who were viciously shot down while living their best lives.

We don't know the details, but for the record, that's not how mental healthcare laws work. Absent imminent threat (and August to October isn't imminent), we can't keep someone in a mental health facility against their will.

I'll await further facts about the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member