Media Report - JANET PREGNANT

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
bluegirl said:
now with the pregnancy the national news is looking into picking this story up!
Yeah.....it's about time! I guess it's important now that two lives were brutally taken!!

bluegirl said:
now with the pregnancy the national news is looking into picking this story up!
Great! How do you know?

tia,

Hoppy

Wow - JG.

I have never seen an exact timing of how many months Janet was pregnant before, has anyone else?

Seems like they took information off of Tears for Janet for some things, and quotes and snippets from different articles. I looked at Tears for Janet, and there is nothing in there about how many months pregnant she was, nothing here either for that matter or any news stories unless we missed some.

I'm thinking the person misspoke unless they know something we don't know.

I'm thinking that they misspoke as well. The coroner surely would have noticed significant changes to Janet's body if she were 3 months pregnant.

JerseyGirl said:
Courthouse Steps - excoboard.com

Posted by "Milo" on Feb. 27, 2006 -

"Durham, NC

Janet Abaroa, 25 years old and 3 months pregnant..."

I'm assuming that Milo simply misspoke?

Milo...at our board Courthouse Steps...got this information from a news article at WRAL.com
http://www.wral.com/news/9084288/detail.html

WRAL

POSTED: 11:14 pm EDT April 28, 2006
UPDATED: 12:10 am EDT April 29, 2006

DURHAM, N.C. -- It's been one year since 25-year-old Janet Abaroa was stabbed and killed in her Durham home, but her killer is still on the loose. After a tough year without her, her family is honoring her memory.

Durham police say the case was not random, but they still haven’t identified a suspect. Abaroa was killed with her 6-month-old child in the house. There was no sign of forced entry.

One year later, Abaroa's family is desperate for answers.

"We don't feel like we are any closer to an end than a year ago," says Abaroa's sister, Dana Kendall.

Abaroa never made it to her first Mothers Day, or her son's first birthday. Her family didn't know it when she died, but an autopsy revealed she was pregnant again.

"They knew this would be hard on me, so they didn't tell me for quite a while," says Janet Christiansen, Abaroa's mother.

Thanks for the information Madgallico.

I think the question JG and I had in Milo's post was (s)he stated that Janet was 3 months pregnant. I don't see that information in that article and we have never found a single source that stated exactly how far along Janet was in her pregnancy and was wondering if Milo knew something we didn't and what was the source of the information.

terminatrixator said:

I think the question JG and I had in Milo's post was (s)he stated that Janet was 3 months pregnant. I don't see that information in that article and we have never found a single source that stated exactly how far along Janet was in her pregnancy and was wondering if Milo knew something we didn't and what was the source of the information.

I realized that later and it was too late to edit the post. We are trying to find the exact article with link where Milo found this information. I'll post it as soon as we find it.

JerseyGirl said:
Courthouse Steps - excoboard.com

Posted by "Milo" on Feb. 27, 2006 -

"Durham, NC

Janet Abaroa, 25 years old and 3 months pregnant..."

I'm assuming that Milo simply misspoke?
Interesting that on that board, they don't seem to quote sources. They're quoting SOME things directly from the Tears for Janet site, including the very first post. It makes it a little confusing, if you ask me.

Thanks for the info MadGallico, it is nice to see that other sites are also taking interest in Justice for Janet.

LTUlegal said:
Interesting that on that board, they don't seem to quote sources. They're quoting SOME things directly from the Tears for Janet site, including the very first post. It makes it a little confusing, if you ask me.

It is a relatively new board & the members at first were only posting parts of an article without the source. That is not the norm now. The rules are the entire article with the source or part of the article or information with a link.

I would rather the whole article was posted with the source because after awhile the link says "Sorry but the page you requested is no longer available" or something to that affect.

It's a great board & has gotten past the initial confusion.

Okay...I talked to Milo...he is registered here now as Milo59. He just needs to get the final acceptance e-mail.

Anyway, Milo did misspeak by putting in 3 months. He meant to say 3 weeks. He posted information that he knew about Janet's murder & put in the link for Tears for Janet just for others to look at the link. He took no information from that site.

We can't change the post because it has already went past the limit of page threads & went to the archives. The board only lets us have 5 pages of threads then it archives them. Not good but there are too many other great things about the board to make up for this. :)

Milo got his information from his former co-workers in the Denver police department where he was once a police officer. He can tell you more when he can get in here to post. He feels bad that he posted incorrect information but sometimes these things will happen. :eek:

madgallico said:
Okay...I talked to Milo...he is registered here now as Milo59. He just needs to get the final acceptance e-mail.

Anyway, Milo did misspeak by putting in 3 months. He meant to say 3 weeks. He posted information that he knew about Janet's murder & put in the link for Tears for Janet just for others to look at the link. He took no information from that site.

We can't change the post because it has already went past the limit of page threads & went to the archives. The board only lets us have 5 pages of threads then it archives them. Not good but there are too many other great things about the board to make up for this. :)

Milo got his information from his former co-workers in the Denver police department where he was once a police officer. He can tell you more when he can get in here to post. He feels bad that he posted incorrect information but sometimes these things will happen. :eek:
These things happen, love the fact other places are taking about Janet as I stated above.

I just was confused on the timing and was wondering if this person knew more about the case because there are so many questions and would love to have "an in."

Keep up the good work on your site. It's a good thing you guys are doing.

madgallico said:
Now, Milo knows this because of some connections he's found this out through? I'm still a little confused myself.

I personally think that Janet was farther along than just 3 weeks because at 3 weeks a woman barely knows that she's pregnant. She might suspect, but definately wouldn't know for sure. I was thinking that she was more like 6 or 7 weeks along--long enough to be able to take a pregnancy test, but not long enough to be telling everyone she's pregnant because it's a little early. JMO.

Jenifred said:
Now, Milo knows this because of some connections he's found this out through? I'm still a little confused myself.

I personally think that Janet was farther along than just 3 weeks because at 3 weeks a woman barely knows that she's pregnant. She might suspect, but definately wouldn't know for sure. I was thinking that she was more like 6 or 7 weeks along--long enough to be able to take a pregnancy test, but not long enough to be telling everyone she's pregnant because it's a little early. JMO.
I agree, JF. The only way of knowing at her stage of pregnancy, for reasons stated in the information below, is through the numbers in the blood test. From what I've read, those numbers are not completely reliable as many factors can affect them.

Anyway, here's a link to a post of mine from another thread with some pertinent information copied & pasted here. My guess is that she was 4-5 weeks:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Did Raven know Janet was pregnant?

From what we know:

1) Janet's uterus was noted as "unremarkable".

2) The endometrium was thickened.

3) Raven mentioned her being in her normal "bad cramps" position.

According to the information I've found, by week 4 of pregnancy, you are just missing your menstrual period. By week 6 of pregnancy, a doctor can notice a change in the size of the uterus. If Janet's endometrium was thickened, then she was very near, at, or past her due date for her period for that month. So my guess is that she was at least four weeks pregnant but not yet six since her uterus was not noted as being enlarged.

What I find interesting is this:

WebMD with AOL Health - Pregnancy Week by Week - First Month

Week 4

You're probably expecting your period this week, and if it doesn't occur it might be one of the first signs that you're pregnant. (My note: Many sexually active women take a home pregnancy test the day after missing their period.)

WebMD with AOL Health - Pregnancy Week by Week - Second Month

Week 5

Still no big changes to notice in yourself, although you might suspect by now that you're pregnant.

madgallico said:
He feels bad that he posted incorrect information but sometimes these things will happen. :eek:
Nothing at all to feel badly about. I was just wondering if he knew something that we didn't. Thanks so much for joining us and for clarifying! :)

My thoughts are that Janet was closer to 2 months pregnant and my opinion and guess is that Raven knew. We won't know for certain until an arrest is made in this case and it goes to trial.

madgallico said:
It is a relatively new board & the members at first were only posting parts of an article without the source. That is not the norm now. The rules are the entire article with the source or part of the article or information with a link.

I would rather the whole article was posted with the source because after awhile the link says "Sorry but the page you requested is no longer available" or something to that affect.

It's a great board & has gotten past the initial confusion.
I apologize, I didn't mean to come across cranky. I understand how it can be with a new board.
I am glad there's interest in the case, and I'm glad there's activity surrounding Janet's case.
My hope is that the perp will be arrested soon. I have a pretty good idea who that perp is.

LTUlegal said:
I apologize, I didn't mean to come across cranky. I understand how it can be with a new board.
I am glad there's interest in the case, and I'm glad there's activity surrounding Janet's case.
My hope is that the perp will be arrested soon. I have a pretty good idea who that perp is.

I didn't think there was any crankiness evident in your post. :) I can understand how the posts on Courthouse Steps seemed confusing. I was getting confused myself. :crazy:

I was amazed at the lack of information on Janet Abaroa's murder anywhere. I hope this is solved soon for everyone involved. LE just needs to get some definite & solid evidence on the low life who did this...as if we didn't know who it was.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DWI
Back