Media sensationalizing every little thing...

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No GRIEVING parent or parent WORRIED FOR THE SAFETY OF HER CHILD would want to look at skull or skeleton images.

They will go to demonstrate Casey's state of mind while Caylee was supposedly missing.

i totally agree with you, but would you consider an apple shaped as a skull "disturbing" or "shocking?"

on it's own, just the pic.

no.

no where did they say anything like what your post says, which would make way more sense. instead they make it seem as if she has gory bloody photos of dead people in her photobucket account when it's nothing like that. seriously you will find some effed up stuff in my PB account. doesn't mean i would be any more or less guilty of killing someone if i was accused.

but it wasn't, so they instead made a big deal out of an apple shaped like a skull.

does not compute.

Hey, maybe there is nothing, but all of it hasn't been released yet.

IDK, were their a 1000 pics released? JB is the one who made them sound bad.

he did, so i'm wondering if there might be others?

but i think you're missing what i'm saying..... the ones released were not disturbing, shocking or anything but stupid little myspace pics. why is such a big deal being made of them in the media? that's what i'm trying to get at.

if there are truly disturbing pics out there, bring em on! but the media needs to stop making something out of nothing.

No GRIEVING parent or parent WORRIED FOR THE SAFETY OF HER CHILD would want to look at skull or skeleton images.

They will go to demonstrate Casey's state of mind while Caylee was supposedly missing.

The dating on that apple skull picture seems to be after Caylee was murdered. I think it is very relevant and important. I found that picture early on to be the most eerie and disturbing of them all.

I love the media on this. So far, I think they have done a remarkable job.

he did, so i'm wondering if there might be others?

but i think you're missing what i'm saying..... the ones released were not disturbing, shocking or anything but stupid little myspace pics. why is such a big deal being made of them in the media? that's what i'm trying to get at.

if there are truly disturbing pics out there, bring em on! but the media needs to stop making something out of nothing.

All of todays doc dump has not been released by the media. The media has so far only released a few hundred pages out of 1000 the State released today. What you have seen is not all of it.

Also if there are a 1000 images of which throughout the case we've seen about a hundred of, what are the other 900 or so other pics of?

The ones released were also ones released prior to today. These are pages in a series of documents which were asked for by the defense. It doesn't mean each page of discovery is important. It means these are some of the work notes that Jose asked for. They are clearly handwritten on, signed by TonE for whatever reason. These then become different than just the photo spread we've been privy to for awhile, even if they're the same images. These then are not the images on the disc that Jose held in his possession.

And where are those 1200 shocking pics that GA and Yuri talked about? Are those what JB were referring to? Who knows.

It just does not makes sense that JB would go to court to block pics that we've already seen or avitar like pics of skulls. Then again, this is JB we are talking about.

And where are those 1200 shocking pics that GA and Yuri talked about? Are those what JB were referring to? Who knows.

It just does not makes sense that JB would go to court to block pics that we've already seen or avitar like pics of skulls. Then again, this is JB we are talking about.

haha yea who was it who came up with that song to the tune of "Locomotion"

remember that? "come on JB, file another motion"

:Banane42:

if there's more... i will wait for the release. i just want the media to be straight forward.

When Baez approached the Judge to show him an example of a "bad" and potentially prejudicial image - he may very well have shown him the apple skull. The Judge agreed (with Baez's assessment of it) and yet still ruled that it could be released. IMO, something like the apple skull could have brought this reaction and ruling from the Judge. IMO, something like a graphic photo of KC engaging in sex would bring the same reaction, but not the same ruling. IMO, a Judge does not simply rule to allow graphic *advertiser censored* to be presented to the public.

I think I heard that one of the photos in contention shows Casey squatting in a parking lot urinating. And I think I remember seeing that one before.

haha yea who was it who came up with that song to the tune of "Locomotion"

remember that? "come on JB, file another motion"

:Banane42:

if there's more... i will wait for the release. i just want the media to be straight forward.

lol, I missed that one!

When Baez approached the Judge to show him an example of a "bad" and potentially prejudicial image - he may very well have shown him the apple skull. The Judge agreed (with Baez's assessment of it) and yet still ruled that it could be released. IMO, something like the apple skull could have brought this reaction and ruling from the Judge. IMO, something like a graphic photo of KC engaging in sex would bring the same reaction, but not the same ruling. IMO, a Judge does not simply rule to allow graphic *advertiser censored* to be presented to the public.

But that picture had already been released months ago. Why would it matter now?

I think I heard that one of the photos in contention shows Casey squatting in a parking lot urinating. And I think I remember seeing that one before.

Well heck JB, how do you unring that bell? I believe even NG talked about that pic months ago.

If these are the pics JB wasted precious money and time over, he's a fool.

There is not one picture that has been analyzed here in the last week that I have not seen before. Even the apple skulls and it's many iterations. She changed the color scheme on it several times. These are not the pics we are waiting for. (Did I sound like Obi Wan Kanobi? Lee Skywalker inspired me!!)

As far as I'm concerned the photos are not news. We saw these months ago. Wondering why Baez even bothered to try to block them, they've been pretty visible and easily accessible to the public this whole time.

Apparently he needs to visit WS and get caught up in the case :)

In fairness to the media, we haven't seen everything yet. In GA interview with LE he got sick right after talking about photos of KC. If it wasn't for the media going down and getting what is released and making it available to us - we wouldn't know what we know.

Are you confusing that with the time George vomited after discussing the decomp smell in the car? Was there a second time he vomited during an interview?

ETA: I agree with you about the media. They can't be 100% accurate. And I do believe there is more coming.

i totally agree with you, but would you consider an apple shaped as a skull "disturbing" or "shocking?"

on it's own, just the pic.

no.

no where did they say anything like what your post says, which would make way more sense. instead they make it seem as if she has gory bloody photos of dead people in her photobucket account when it's nothing like that. seriously you will find some effed up stuff in my PB account. doesn't mean i would be any more or less guilty of killing someone if i was accused.

No, it wouldn't make you more or less guilty, but if you uploaded images of skulls and other symbols of death while your daughter were missing and I were a prosecutor, you bet your bare bottom, I'd be using those images to demonstrate your state of mind.

In the context of the case, the images are disturbing.

I don't think the TV newsies are any more alarmist about these images than they are about anything else. Anyone hear if the octomom sighed today?

The behavior of the TV "journalists" is no different from any other day. Their news is "breaking news" all day long, every day, even if it "broke" 48 hours ago.

Ever see the Newhart when George kept staying up to watch the 11 o'clock news because the teasers worried him?

The pictures released so far don't shock me in the least. I paint some really weird things, and have really odd taste.

It's moot.

However, I do think there is a possibility that more will be released...I don't think Baez would have cried over these leaked images. I'm thinking there might be something underneath...

But yeah, the media. Can you blame them? The public cries for it.

Heh. Last week my local paper ran a story (complete with pictures!) about some friends throwing around a football on the beach. Nothing happened, or anything. it was literally just about them playing football on the beach.

:crazy:

Does anyone else agree that the media blows half of this stuff out of proportion?

I mean come on really, the photobucket pics are not "shocking" or "disturbing."

I see worse stuff in commercials on the TV. please.

Does anyone else agree? Everything is used in a context that makes it seem sinister.

I am in no way a KC supporter, but come on.... some of this stuff is just being used to stir up ratings/hits.

ITA!!! I have a 19 year old, and her photo bucket has over 3000 images on it. OMG....skulls, death, blood, and a whole bunch of wild, crazy stuff. She's a tatto artist (with no tattoos) so let your imaginations run with it. Anyhow, I told her she should watch what she puts out there. She says, "Mom, I'm not Casey Anthony, I'd never hurt a hampster, let alone a child." I thought about that for a minute and responded with this. Babe, you're not Casey Anthony, but one of your friends might have a screw loose and do something crazy. If you're on their myspace, facebook, or in their photo bucket account guess what? You become a victim of the media. They will trash your name, chew you up, and spit you out on national TV just because you are affiliated. These blogs also go way too far when it comes to prying into innocent peoples lives, just because they are friends with some bad seed.

This Caylee Anthony case has opened my eyes. I've deleted my myspace, and facebook. My hard drive fried last week, so I threw the old one in the fire pit. After all....those naked men that popped up one day on Craigslist may portray me as being a cougar looking for some action :dance: Those 9 mm guns and 50,000 voltage tazars I was researching for protection wouldn't portray me as an angel by no means. I've researched so many serial killers, and nut cases over the past 18 months on that laptop that I should probably be guilty by association with anyone who's ever committed a crime even if I don't know them, lol.

Speaking of irresponsible reporting, NG hasn't had LP on in days. Did she finally get it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back