Meet & Greet for New Members #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone.

I just heard about Websleuths while watching an episode of Hulu's Web of Death. I wanted to come and see what it was all about. I have always had an obsession with true crime/mystery shows and podcasts but have never tried my hand at sleuthing.

I am a 54 year old woman from the central US, remarried mother of 2 adult children and have 2 bonus children and 3 bonus grandchildren from my new husband. I just had my b-day last week and we have only been married 2 years this passed Nov but we have known each other since high school. I am an academic advisor at a major research university in my state.

I can't wait to learn from how to sleuth from all of you.

:)

Welcome to Websleuths!

On a laptop, you'll find the word Home under the Websleuths logo at the top of the page on the left.

Click Home, scroll down, you'll find links to forums and to threads.

You'll find something interesting!

I usually click on New Posts to see what has been added.

Hello all! I recently watched the websleuth’s episode on the newly released docuseries! I couldn’t believe my people have been here collectively in one place all this time! Lol. I am elated. It brings such a joy and warmth to my heart to know that there are souls out there that have such true love and compassion for others! You guys are truly amazing! I feel privileged to be able to join such a proactive and intelligent group of humans.

My question is: how do I go about adding a case to this forum/site? There is an unidentified person who was found murdered in 1997. There has been no missing persons report filed for him (according to the lead investigator). What’s so surprising about this cold case is that the current investigator is actively seeking justice for this victim. He is dedicated to identifying the body and I’ve become engrossed in this case as well. I know that y’all are definitely the ones who can help give this man back his name and ultimately help identify his killer. I did search the site for the date of death/discovery and found nothing. Please advise. Thanks so much!

Welcome! I'm fairly new here, as well, I am still learning so I don't have an answer for you, but I bet someone will be able to help you.

Hi there and welcome!!! Happy belated birthday to you!

Hi there, I'm from Wisconsin, your neighbor to the North!! Welcome!

Hello all! I recently watched the websleuth’s episode on the newly released docuseries! I couldn’t believe my people have been here collectively in one place all this time! Lol. I am elated. It brings such a joy and warmth to my heart to know that there are souls out there that have such true love and compassion for others! You guys are truly amazing! I feel privileged to be able to join such a proactive and intelligent group of humans.

My question is: how do I go about adding a case to this forum/site? There is an unidentified person who was found murdered in 1997. There has been no missing persons report filed for him (according to the lead investigator). What’s so surprising about this cold case is that the current investigator is actively seeking justice for this victim. He is dedicated to identifying the body and I’ve become engrossed in this case as well. I know that y’all are definitely the ones who can help give this man back his name and ultimately help identify his killer. I did search the site for the date of death/discovery and found nothing. Please advise. Thanks so much!
Check here - especially in the top comments / instructions (in yellow). Hope this helps and Welcome!

Welcome!

Beyond the information maconrich posted, just in general if you have questions, a great way to get a moderator's attention is to also report your own post and ask your question in the report.

So, once you submit a thread, you can even report it and note that you're reporting it not because of a violation but because you want to double-check that you've done it correctly.

Hope you succeed in your goal.

Is the person/remains listed in NAMUS, DOE Network, Charley Project? (I don't remember if Charley Project lists remains/decedents or not?)

If not, how is the investigator actively seeking justice?

Here at Websleuths, a link to main stream media, an LE report, or one of the establish Missing sites is required.

Can you link a local newspaper article with the discovery of the remains? Then we could get to work.

Hello Fellow WebSleuths,
I’m a new member here. I’m a 62 year old retired Early Head-start Teacher. I have a strong interest in watching true crime and found out about this forum/site on Hulu. I was watching a show called, Web Of Death and saw this site on the shows first season, first episode. I was impressed with the way the crime was solved. I’ve always been interested in solving crimes. I also strongly believe had I not became a teacher I would of and could of been a true crime investigator solving crimes and bringing closure to families. It seems like there are way to many cold cases out there that have made it difficult for families to live a normal life and find closure. With this site and the forum it gives possibilities to families that have lost hope. What a great idea, to have this website. So now I’m an official member. And I’m Looking forward to exploring this web site and forums here. Thanks again for creating an amazing web site. Now off to exploring. Best wishes to all!!! Sincerely, The Sparkly1
Hi Sparkly1! I am new here, too. I also found out about this web site by watching Web of Death. It is nice to meet you!

Good afternoon, Websleuthers!

Today is my first day on the site.

My name is Jaymie. I am 33 from Houston, USA.

I am a paralegal by day who is very excited to be here, connect with others, and explore the forums.

Please share the one thing you wish you knew in the beginning!

Thank you for reading.

Hi, everyone:
I am a new member. I forgot to introduce myself. I love to listen to true crime podcasts.

My favorites are:
Crime Junkie
Anatomy of a Murder
The Deck

I love to watch true crime shows and crime drama shows. The following shows listed started my obsession that led me to watching true crime shows, listening to true crime podcasts and reading crime fiction novels.

Criminal Minds
CSI Miami
CSI New York
Law and Order SVU
Law and Order

I am new to researching cases and here to learn. Any tips on finding cold cases to work on?

Hi, everyone:
I am a new member. I forgot to introduce myself. I love to listen to true crime podcasts.

My favorites are:
Crime Junkie
Anatomy of a Murder
The Deck

I love to watch true crime shows and crime drama shows. The following shows listed started my obsession that led me to watching true crime shows, listening to true crime podcasts and reading crime fiction novels.

Criminal Minds
CSI Miami
CSI New York
Law and Order SVU
Law and Order

I am new to researching cases and here to learn. Any tips on finding cold cases to work on?

Welcome to Websleuths!

Head to the Cold Case forum and have at it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly