Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex vs Associated Newspapers

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If she wants to win this, she has to produce the 5 friends. If she's not paying, then she doesn't care about the cost. She'll probably agree that they can each fly by private jet to drive up the costs.

Nice to have bottomless pit, eh?
But she wants financial freedom from the RF, how does that work out?
I doubt her lawyers are working on contingency either!

Nice to have bottomless pit, eh?
But she wants financial freedom from the RF, how does that work out?
I doubt her lawyers are working on contingency either!

Markle is already responsible for costs for the defendants as a result of refusing to settle and losing. If she wins the next round, perhaps it will even out. I suspect the British Taxpayer public purse is paying for the lawsuit?

I don't think Markle wanted financial freedom from the Royal Family. The couple spent lavishly on Frogmore Cottage and expected to keep it as a second home while living in the USA. They are allowed to keep it, but since it's not a primary residence, they have to pay not only for renovations, but rent. Their financial independence presumed the allowance from Prince Charles, that status will be discussed after one year - in 7 months.

I expect the plan is for Harry to spend a couple of months in the UK to avoid paying USA taxes on his inheritance, but we shall see. If Harry has to return to the UK to avoid taxes, will he be separated from his son, or will the baby spend a bit of time with his father's family too?

I'm reminded of the woman who had 8 babies at the same time and turned it into nightly entertainment with live TV. The couple divorced and the father objected to the children being exploited for financial gain.

What if Harry did return to the UK to avoid USA taxes, and decided that websites and money making ventures connected with his son are not in his son's best interest? The couple didn't want an Australian fire safety plane named after their son, but if it makes money for them it's okay?

The lawsuit is not about making money - at least I hope not. They claim to be pursuing money from the media for reasons associated with morality, but we know we can't believe them. What they say and what they do are never the same. Maybe this is just another get rich quick scheme - money for nothing, gifted financial independence.

For an official working visit, not personal. No Hollywood directors onboard. Just the wife of the 2nd in line to the throne. Taking her to Northern Ireland does present particular security arrangements.
Also I don't recall her ever telling the public to monitor their own carbon footprints and think twice about travel while ignoring the same rules.[/QUOTE]

What rules?

I guess once you fly private, flying like regular folks is too below them.
Would have been just as newsworthy if they had flown publicly or drove. The thing I took from this is, they can’t trust anyone even their “inner circle” are leaking news stories. IMO I would start making choices that reflect their ethos- people are selling H and M souls left and right and centre- or maybe they do genuinely prefer private jets, and it’s not to do with privacy as they claim?????

Would have been just as newsworthy if they had flown publicly or drove. The thing I took from this is, they can’t trust anyone even their “inner circle” are leaking news stories. IMO I would start making choices that reflect their ethos- people are selling H and M souls left and right and centre- or maybe they do genuinely prefer private jets, and it’s not to do with privacy as they claim?????

The price being paid for any scrap of information about them is sky high.

Harry is most likely to be astounded to find out just how many of his "friends" were in reality just courtiers, and that like all courtiers, historical or modern, they sell their information.
Backstairs Billy was told by the Queen Mother "trust no one" and we know this because, well, apparently she trusted some one.

What in your opinion changes it from big standard news reporting to scandalous?
Someone here said that Meghan isnt being treated any worse than Fergie.

That means she is being treated as if she had an affair while married, treated like she asked for a half million in a bribe for access to Prince Andrew receiving 10% in cash on the spot. Etc.etc.
Meghan is not scandalous treating her like she is, is unfair, dishonest and biased.

Last edited:
KM has never pretended to do anything other than to use both. They do use public
Flights when possible. Just shows that the press create an article out of nothing.[/QUOTE]

So in contrast Meghan pretended to use only commercial flights?

KM has never pretended to do anything other than to use both. They do use public
Flights when possible. Just shows that the press create an article out of nothing.

So in contrast Meghan pretended to use only commercial flights?[/QUOTE]

It's not about pretending, because she didn't. It's about the preaching of climate change and then going about their travel arrangements as they did. It's hypocritical and preachy.

Flights when possible. Just shows that the press create an article out of nothing.

So in contrast Meghan pretended to use only commercial flights?[/QUOTE]
Not at all, she has never pretended anything- she stands as an advocate for climate change though and reducing our carbon footprints. Perhaps this article will help-
The Hypocrisy of Harry and Meghan’s Decision

So she didnt't say she wouldnt take a private jet depemdong on circumstance. But she did say she felt we should reduce our carbon footprint.

Obviously hounding her relentlessly is the only possoble reponse.

It's very do what we say and not what we do and I think that should be reported on. Especially when there were at least 3 private jets in and around the climate change speech.

@Boxer - no one cares, well most don’t, whether Meghan flies private, or not. No one really cares whether she lives in Canada, LA or Frogmore. The press havent hated on them as she claims. The press are drip fed information by people, or PR close to them. Every celebrity does it, I find it impossible to believe that everyone else in the world of showbiz can control it or ignore it to a vast degree and they can’t. It’s never all going to be sunshine and glitter-no ones life is. It’s no different in your local school playground- just on a smaller scale. Everyone needs to be responsible for their own decisions when they are adults (and yes we all make catastrophic errors of judgement from time to time), if they owned their life, instead of bouncing around trying to impress, people would have much more respect for them.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hpiper086
Back