Votes: 58 29.4%
  • No, his behavior turns me off too much

Votes: 117 59.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 22 11.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her faults and flaws do not become a moot issue just because she is a victim. A victim can be a bad person and a victim simultaneously and victimhood does not cloake someone in an immunity from criticism cape.

I recognize she's a victim - Mel is a bad guy, OBVIOUSLY, but that doesn't make her free of some liability for her life and her choices.

How does it make any sense to absolve her of any liability or criticism simply because she's become an abuse victim? If that were the case, we would not blame criminals for the things they do because their faults and flaws would become a moot issue the minute a hand was raised to them in their past or harsh words spewn at them.

I don't know this woman but if she is a loser, well, sometimes losers are victims as well. What worries me about bashing a victim is that in our history, blaming or bashing the victim has been used too often to get a perp off. That's why today, the sexual history of a rape victim cannot be introduced at trial. Too often, people would say, "Well, she asked for it", for example.
There have been several experiments, like on Primetime's "What would you do" that show the same woman in the same circumstance, like getting manhandled, or having someone put something in her drink, or sexually abused by a boss, but one time in a sexy outfit and next more demure and invariably, the sexier-looking woman is ignored more, and seen as asking for it. I don't like that.
Also, I am a natural girl - not into to implants, etc., but some of the best, most nicest people I have ever met were people that have that look. And too many of the people here criticizing Okasna's personality seem to be condemning her based in large part on her looks or style. Cement *advertiser censored*, calling her a "wh*re", or whatever, with no proof that she is, and I don't think that's fair. I don't think her looks or style have anything to do with the type of person she is, really, at least as to whether she's a good person or not.
I am simply not comfortable with calling a potential dv victim a wh*re, golddigger, or commenting on her looks. It does not sit well with me.

A teacher and a student are wiring up an electronics circuit. The teacher flicks the switch and the student recoils in shock and exclaims, "Sir! You electrocuted me!". The teacher replies, "yeah, you deserved it" (i.e. for not properly grounding himself).

At the end of one of the tapes, Mel says he will still support "his" child. He may not care for Oksana, but he seems to care for the well-being of the child. I doubt very much he would strike a woman holding his baby. Maybe he lashed out in an involuntary way and elbowed her accidentally? He views her as a manipulative soul-sucking *****, I'm not surprised he thinks she deserved whatever injury she sustained in the accident.

Please let it be made clear that genuine victims of domestic violence should be supported and the domestic violence they suffer should be completely denounced. I just don't buy her story given the suspicious time frame, the leaking of the tapes (as well as their contents), the scope for possible extortion, and various other little things that don't add up.

If I am wrong, I sincerely apologize for my ramblings. I do admit I have a terrible track record with regard to judging cases from my armchair, e.g. I thought Reiser didn't do it :innocent:

Was he having a seizure at the time :waitasec: he "lashed out in an involuntary way"???
You doubt he would strike a woman with a baby in her arms? Why is that? Because he's such a great role model to children? A fine upstanding man beyond reproach? ...eyeroll......A man with this kind of rage, it wouldn't have surprise me if he had knocked the baby from her arms and stomped it to death. He's a hateful, spiteful whack job.

He views her as a manipulative soul sucking whatever...and he views Mexicans as "wet backs" and Jews as the cause of all wars, and a pack of "N's" as rapists....his opinion of HER means absolutely NOTHING to me. If anything, it just elevated her to sainthood!

I am simply amazed at some of you. On the tapes, he sounds like a classic control freak-putting down her appearance, her clothes, her behavior. And by the way, he is the one who tells her she has no friends. As for supporting his child-what choice does he have, really? No doubt she would sue him for child support if he refused. If he actually hit her when she was holding the child, as she alleges, then he could have easily injured that same child. What if she dropped the child?
Jeez.

I am simply amazed at some of you. On the tapes, he sounds like a classic control freak-putting down her appearance, her clothes, her behavior. And by the way, he is the one who tells her she has no friends. As for supporting his child-what choice does he have, really? No doubt she would sue him for child support if he refused. If he actually hit her when she was holding the child, as she alleges, then he could have easily injured that same child. What if she dropped the child?
Jeez.

Agreed!
Which is something you and I don't often do! lol

Seriously, I'm wondering if we need a seperate thread on why some feel this woman is staging everything and why there seems to be some very negative thoughts about her due to having breast implants. Is that all she is is her implants?
I do not know this woman and have only gotten snippets of a few audio tapes, I have not heard or seen her do things to make me hate her or to feel she should be threatened with a baseball bat and buried in a rosegarden.

Where does all this Well she deserved it" mentality come from?

VB

I wonder if we would have had time to even have this discussion if the perp wasn't Mel Gibson? I doubt it.

The comment about her getting pregnant so soon??? OMG, the last time I checked it takes two to make a baby.

He chose her. He liked the "fake *advertiser censored*" and the way she dressed. I would wager he has bought most of her clothes. He's old enough to be her father so quit blaming the female. He was a married man who chose to leave the wife for the gf. If he's having "buyers remorse" so be it. He gets everything he deserves.

I'm sure he's like most abusers... He has his "outside" persona and then the one he beats and berates his significant or insignificant other with.

As far as he being a "known abuser"... that's new unless people are referring to alcohol because I've never heard or read anything about his relationship with his ex-wife. If I missed it please give me a link.

Now all this being said, if another female goes and gets involved with Mel Gibson after all the tapes and now the dental pics.. It is all on her. However I suggest people start watching after their 18 year old daughters because he's going to have to go really young to find his next victim.

Seriously, I'm wondering if we need a seperate thread on why some feel this woman is staging everything and why there seems to be some very negative thoughts about her due to having breast implants. Is that all she is is her implants?
I do not know this woman and have only gotten snippets of a few audio tapes, I have not heard or seen her do things to make me hate her or to feel she should be threatened with a baseball bat and buried in a rosegarden.

VB

I would like to know as well. It has me sitting here, mouth hanging open, shaking my head in disbelief! On a CRIME board where I felt most people were VICTIM ADVOCATES! ...very scary......and sad!

Was he having a seizure at the time :waitasec: he "lashed out in an involuntary way"???
You doubt he would strike a woman with a baby in her arms? Why is that? Because he's such a great role model to children? A fine upstanding man beyond reproach? ...eyeroll......A man with this kind of rage, it wouldn't have surprise me if he had knocked the baby from her arms and stomped it to death. He's a hateful, spiteful whack job.

He views her as a manipulative soul sucking whatever...and he views Mexicans as "wet backs" and Jews as the cause of all wars, and a pack of "N's" as rapists....his opinion of HER means absolutely NOTHING to me. If anything, it just elevated her to sainthood!

You go girl!!!!!!!

I don't think she's staging anything but I do think she's exploiting her new victim status for personal gain. I don't have anything against fake *advertiser censored*! I bleach my hair and worked for a plastic surgeon, although I was blessed with enough natural breast - her looks and choice of cosmetic surgery is not the issue but it is the totality of the circumstances. She would have never slept with Mel much less given him he time of day if her weren't a)wealthy and b) a celebrity. Look at her! She is young and beautiful and sexy. She may even be talented but who would ever know.

She knows what she's doing - she had Timothy Dalton's baby and she very quickly got knocked up by Gibson.

Taping him for proof is one thing. Good for her because many of you are right - nobody may have believed her. But selling out ot Radaronline is the proof in my pudding. Fame *advertiser censored*. Sorry, just telling it like I see it.

Women never seem to have to take any heat for goading men, for lying about birth control (I'm not insinuating that happened here but it does happen), for pushing buttons. Granted - IT'S NO EXCUSE for the men and their completely inappropriate reactions, but please...be honest; women can be evil and cruel, manipulative and vindictive so to just hoist her to "hands off" status seems to over simplify the issue.

After listening to the tapes, which are so vile, I seriously hope she takes him to the cleaners. He calls her just about every vile name under the sun.

VB

I haven't seen a single post that says "she deserved it."

I have not seen a single post that is defending Mel.

What I have seen is several posters, including myself, question the release of the tape and the failure to file a police report for 6 months.

That doesn't make Mel right. That doesn't mean she deserved it. It just means that, in my opinion, it is wrong to make the tape public. It won't be helpful to her child and it reeks of publicity-seeking.

I don't think she's staging anything but I do think she's exploiting her new victim status for personal gain. I don't have anything against fake *advertiser censored*! I bleach my hair and worked for a plastic surgeon, although I was blessed with enough natural breast - her looks and choice of cosmetic surgery is not the issue but it is the totality of the circumstances. She would have never slept with Mel much less given him he time of day if her weren't a)wealthy and b) a celebrity. Look at her! She is young and beautiful and sexy. She may even be talented but who would ever know.

She knows what she's doing - she had Timothy Dalton's baby and she very quickly got knocked up by Gibson.

Taping him for proof is one thing. Good for her because many of you are right - nobody may have believed her. But selling out ot Radaronline is the proof in my pudding. Fame *advertiser censored*. Sorry, just telling it like I see it.

Women never seem to have to take any heat for goading men, for lying about birth control (I'm not insinuating that happened here but it does happen), for pushing buttons. Granted - IT'S NO EXCUSE for the men and their completely inappropriate reactions, but please...be honest; women can be evil and cruel, manipulative and vindictive so to just hoist her to "hands off" status seems to over simplify the issue.

You brought this up and agreed with Mel.

How presumptious of you to think you know, who she... or anyone else would sleep with and why.

So what ? She was involved with and had children by two famous men. So what? You act as if she was begging for spare change on a Russian street corner before she took advantage of poor Mel and seduced him.

Nothing is in her name, nothing. She's a very lousy gold digger. GoldDigger 101 get stuff put in your name.

I need proof that she sold out to Radar Online because she says she didn't and I believe her. Fame *advertiser censored*? Where the heck did that come from???? There is ZERO evidence of that. There is also ZERO evidence that she is the "evil and cruel, manipulative and vindictive" one.

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vi...5205?q=oksana&FROM=LKVR5&GT1=LKVR5&FORM=LKVR9

here is a video of Oksanam, note that Mel directed this so I'm assuming he had no problem with any sexuality there and actually would have been the one bringing it out.

VB

hmm beautiful and talented.

Perhaps people dislike her because they themselves were dumped by an ex for someone younger and better looking?

BTW according to TMZ Mel and his ex wife were separated for 3 years before Oksanam was pregnant. His ex simply decided to file for divorce after she learned of the pregnancy.

I haven't seen a single post that says "she deserved it."

I have not seen a single post that is defending Mel.

What I have seen is several posters, including myself, question the release of the tape and the failure to file a police report for 6 months.

That doesn't make Mel right. That doesn't mean she deserved it. It just means that, in my opinion, it is wrong to make the tape public. It won't be helpful to her child and it reeks of publicity-seeking.

I don't question her failure to file a police report for 6 months. IMO She was smart, is this the kind of man you would want around your child? I sure as hell wouldn't want him anywhere near mine! I think she was gathering evidence over those 6 months. How easy would it have been for Mel to out lawyer her, get full custody and make her life a living hell? VERY! Money does by lots of favors. Who knows, perhaps she really would have ended up in a rose garden.

Without the tapes, I doubt anyone would have believed her.

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vi...5205?q=oksana&FROM=LKVR5&GT1=LKVR5&FORM=LKVR9

here is a video of Oksanam, note that Mel directed this so I'm assuming he had no problem with any sexuality there and actually would have been the one bringing it out.

VB

After watching the video I am somewhat disturbed by the knife throwing scenes in it. They seem out of place in a song about love. I would love to know whose idea it was to have those particular scenes in the video.

I would like to know as well. It has me sitting here, mouth hanging open, shaking my head in disbelief! On a CRIME board where I felt most people were VICTIM ADVOCATES! ...very scary......and sad!
Did you know that over a million false allegations of domestic violence are filed each year? I wouldn't be surprised if this case adds to that tally. Some people simply don't buy that she is a genuine victim of domestic violence. Are we to believe everyone that cries foul? Courts would be redundant, including the court of public opinion. There was a time, not so long ago, when the thought police would have you tarred, feathered and ostracized for believing MJ to be innocent.

Anyway, I will reserve judgement until I see hard evidence. For now, I'm leaning towards Mel's side due to the lack of history wrt domestic violence and the other points I have already raised.

Did you know that over a million false allegations of domestic violence are filed each year? I wouldn't be surprised if this case adds to that tally. Some people simply don't buy that she is a genuine victim of domestic violence. Are we to believe everyone that cries foul? Courts would be redundant, including the court of public opinion. There was a time, not so long ago, when the thought police would have you tarred, feathered and ostracized for believing MJ to be innocent.

Anyway, I will reserve judgement until I see hard evidence. For now, I'm leaning towards Mel's side due to the lack of history wrt domestic violence and the other points I have already raised.

I will never believe MJ was factually innocent.

Hard evidence? Those tapes are frightening. They are all I need. NOTHING justifies the death threats.

I guess when one is caught on tape making threats, including threats of murder and saying the most vile, disgusting things possible, and if that person had earlier been arrested and made sickening, vile comments, it is not so much a he said she said type of thing. Yes, there are liars out there and bad people, but no one can goad a good, decent person into domestic violence. I mean, I just cannot be goaded into committing a crime unless I'm a criminal.
Besides, apparently her dentist backs up her claims and refrained from reporting the abuse only because she used the HIPPA argument to prevent him from doing so.

It is ironic to me that we have a main thread regarding intimate partner abuse and yet this woman is being pilloried here. As a family law attorney, I have seen many cases where the first thing an abuser says is that the victim is a liar, usually that he or she's mentally ill. It's a tactic. Abusers are good at hiding the abuse and portraying themselves as innocent. It has been a hard fight for victims to get the protections they deserve and to be taken seriously. I also know many victims who failed to report due to intense shame about the event and being victimized. I can imagine that being a celebrity and married to one makes that feeling worse. But sometimes they gain the strength and courage to finally speak up.
I don't know who released the tape to Radar. If she did, I don't like that. But there are so many others who could have. In many cases, LE, medical personnel, even sometimes staff at courts or law offices are lured by the money businesses like Radar pay for such stuff. Why do some automatically assume it is Oksana who did it?
The guy, Mel, has proved himself to have serious problems with his personality, and morality. I have seen nothing that substantively proves the same with regard to Oksana. But he is a rich, well known superstar and she is not. She also married a wealthy, older celebrity. I guess that means she is a huge liar? I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668