Votes: 58 29.4%
  • No, his behavior turns me off too much

Votes: 117 59.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 22 11.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No need in getting an attitude w/ me. It's my opinion, nothing more.

ETA: It's also my opinion that he's an a-hole of the highest order. It seems that just because I see no need in her taping him and allowing it to be released that it excuses his behavior. He's a mean *advertiser censored* drunk, she should avoid him and any contact with him.

And if she said that what he was doing, but had no evidence, I think it's a safe bet people would dismiss it as "he said, she said."
And I think it's also a safe bet a lot of people would insist she is making it up. She has a child and and he could be demanding custody, or at the very least visitations rights.

And if she said that what he was doing, but had no evidence, I think it's a safe bet people would dismiss it as "he said, she said."
And I think it's also a safe bet a lot of people would insist she is making it up. She has a child and and he could be demanding custody, or at the very least visitations rights.

I doubt there would be any doubters to her story, whether she had recorded it or not. This isn't the first time Mel went on a racist tirade against someone. He has a history of it.

Again, my only problem with her recording him is that she (directly or indirectly, I don't know) released it for the world to hear. I guess maybe I'm different than most people in that I don't see why you or I need to know that he's a vile, racist pig. He's not running for president or anything. PLEASE don't take it that I'm defending him or what he said. And as more of the story comes out, I may change my mind although nothing will excuse his words/actions EVER. But it's not against the law YET to be racist, drunk, a-hole that rants at his ex over the phone.

And another thing, I'm just not much of a movie-goer or watcher so this won't effect any decision making on my part to see a movie of his or not. I can probably count on 1 hand the number of movies I've seen of his, with some leftover digits LOL. But I can appreciate it for people that DO take these things into account and whether or not to support someone who is so cruel.

I doubt there would be any doubters to her story, whether she had recorded it or not. This isn't the first time Mel went on a racist tirade against someone. He has a history of it.

Please. I think it's a safe bet people would be saying she just wants money from him and thus accuses him of things he did not do.

Count me as a former fan of Mels.
I enjoyed several of his movies, however I do not see myself ever going to see another one. When I go to a movie, rent a movie etc, it's because I want to enjoy myself, a nice bit of escape for a few hours. If I were to go see a movie of his now IMO I would be spending the entire time thinking about Mel the person, rather than a character on the screen.

I do not fault her for wanting people to hear what he had to say. If all the reports are true of her being beaten by him, tooth knocked out, black eyes etc, she has to be terrified. She would see him as someone dangerous on many levels, she has not only herself but her baby to be worried about.

How did she know he would have this horrible tirade for her to record? I think it's because she has heard the same kind of things before.

Last night on Showbiz Tonight they also were talking about another young woman he was involved with while he was married, she became so terrified of him she had to go into hiding!
I will not blame the victime here, and I hope all the women who have had the misfortune of having dealings with him are able to heal.

The hate in his voice was scary and IMO came from his core being.
In interviews, in movies he's playing a part but I have never seen the true man before, now I feel I have and I do not like him.
I'm reminded of a saying I heard. Once someone shows you their true colors, believe them!
No, I will not be making excuses for him or think some woman is trying to take advantage because he has money etc.

If it acts like an *advertiser censored* and talks like an *advertiser censored*, chances are it really is an *advertiser censored*!

VB

I just can't imagine what has happened to Mel Gibson. I, too, can be counted as a former fan and supporter but not anymore. I remember talking about how proud I was of him as a hot box office item and him taking his wife and all their kids on location with him as much as he could----very much the family man I thought and so nice to hear that because you don't hear it enough about the Hollywood actors. Anyhow, could he be going through male menopause?? Just a thought. MO

Please. I think it's a safe bet people would be saying she just wants money from him and thus accuses him of things he did not do.

If her teeth have been knocked out as has been reported, then I would have no reason not to believe her. His history alone tells us he's prone to racial attacks. What I didn't know was that he also had the propensity to be extremely physically violent.

Wives of the rich and famous are accused of being after the money just by marrying. This is nothing new.

I just heard the recording today, I hadn't paid attention before because I really have never had an opinion about him in any way (don't pay much attention to Hollywood). The recording was chilling. I work in mental health, and have a good amount of experience with some pretty scary people.

There is something very wrong about him, it goes beyond just mean or just angry. He doesn't sound crazy to me, he sounds like he knows exactly what he is saying and has said it all many, many times before. I know next to nothing about the man, but what little I've seen today just screams raging personality disorder. I think that he is probably a very dangerous guy. Having money and power will buy you a lot of leeway, I bet that he has counted on that for a long time. He sees nothing wrong with his behavior, I'm sure of it.

Again, I don't know him at all or anything about him, but I've worked extensively with people who have the same behaviors, the same tone to their voice. That is one scary person.

On the tape that is released, she isn't baiting him at all. She sounds very defensive. There is no baiting.

I agree. I don't think she's egging him on at all. I think that she had the foresight to record what is probably a fairly commonplace conversation with him. She's barely even speaking, he doesn't need baiting - he just runs with it on his own. His words are horrific. Even if a person is baited, those are not words that just spontaneously come out of nowhere. That is absolutely not a normal outburst of anger or frustration.

Maybe it's the Mad Cow :waitasec:

I wish his ex would chime in. I wonder if he's always had that short fuse or if his personality has changed; drugs? Mental illness? I don't know but he's a hot mess. Before the arrest and the whole jew thing, there was never any whisper or sign that I ever heard about him except that he was a great guy, and a practical jokester on set.

It's usually a mistake to leave the one who loved you when you weren't famous for the young hottie. That right there made me think much less of him.

Maybe it's the Mad Cow :waitasec:

I wish his ex would chime in. I wonder if he's always had that short fuse or if his personality has changed; drugs? Mental illness? I don't know but he's a hot mess. Before the arrest and the whole jew thing, there was never any whisper or sign that I ever heard about him except that he was a great guy, and a practical jokester on set.

It's usually a mistake to leave the one who loved you when you weren't famous for the young hottie. That right there made me think much less of him.

Well if that is the way he treats women, what makes you think his wife wanted him to stay with her? He used to at least appear so charming when he was younger-but appearances can be deceiving, so who knows if he was always this way or his personality has changed.

I have a few friends that drink and are bipolar. :eek: To this day none of them have knocked my teeth out or called me any sort of racial epithet. It's just an excuse and it is distasteful to try to pin any sort of negative behavior on a particular illness. I think that people with personality disorders are more dangerous anyway.... Ole Mel will be off to some sorta cushy rehab to justify his bad behavior. Maybe a Nazi Deprogramming day camp would do him some good?

It's money. Large amounts of money make you crazy. lol

I think I could stand a little crazy in my life. I am willing to try and believe I could handle it!...send me all your extra "evil" money...and I'll let ya all know!:crazy:

send to...P. O. Box ...roflmao!

I'm thinking early signs of alcohol related dementia! I've read he's been a drinker for years and I'm sure much was hidden in the early years when his star was rising.
Strange how this "christian" who was so blessed with family, fame, wealth, etc-who made wonderful films including The Passion of Christ should turn out so crazy, mean and bitter!!:waitasec:

I post the following not in defense of Gibson's actions (because I don't know his spiritual status), but in defense of the "Christian-based comment" stated above.

Christians are still human, and can still make mistakes. Being a Christian doesn't make you perfect. We live in an imperfect world.

He is a vile and disgusting human being. It's sad that people will still fawn over, and support him, just because he is a celebrity.

This is not directed to anyone here on this thread, but....
I guess I find it curious that some would fault her more for recording his vile diatribe, after he had knocked her teeth out, than to fault him for knocking her teeth out to begin with.

EXACTLY!! I'm GLAD she recorded him- obviously, she wants the world to know that "MISOGYNIST MEL" is still at it... along with racist Mel/anti-semetic Mel, etc. HOW in God's name did his poor ex-wife (AND kids) put up with him for so long- he is a disgusting, drunken PIG, imo. What a hateful person! I hope he never gets to make another movie again, he totally disgusts me to the core.

**** HERE IS A HILARIOUS LINK, FROM "CRACKED" MAGAZINE, A SATIRICAL ARTICLE ABOUT WHAT IT MUST BE LIKE TO BE MEL GIBSON'S PUBLICIST!!! HILARIOUS!!: http://cracked.com/blog/twenty-years-in-the-life-of-mel-gibsons-publicist/

...he has been at this for YEARS!!!

I post the following not in defense of Gibson's actions (because I don't know his spiritual status), but in defense of the "Christian-based comment" stated above.

Christians are still human, and can still make mistakes. Being a Christian doesn't make you perfect. We live in an imperfect world.

I say Amen to that oh gal!!
godallowsuturns-1.gif

Time for Mel to change direction IMO:innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads