Members' Theories

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know. I know that he appeared on Larry King alongside ST that year. This is what he said:

"It's political, the reason that it hasn't been prosecuted. And we have a district attorney's office that is more political than it is a prosecutor's office. I'm sitting here listening to those two talk, or those three talk, and it's strange to me that Alex sounds more like a defense attorney than a prosecutor, and that's part of the problem. Let me say there is a cancer in our DA's office, and whenever anybody points it out, what happens is they attack whoever points it out instead of addressing the issue and trying to solve the problem."

I don't know Ben Thompson personally, but he sounds like my kind of man; a MAN'S MAN. Which means he's all wrong for a place like Boulder.

For the record, ST and Thompson were opposed on the show by Alan Dershowitz, who refered to Alex Hunter as a "constitutional hero" and said that promises like Thompson's are how "things are done in Iran, not America." I'm sure that some of you would agree. But, you might wish to consider the source. Just to give you a little perspective on this, Alan Dershowitz has become infamous within the last ten years for going on TV and in newspapers and books laying out his legal argument for why the US government has the right to torture people who are declared enemy combatants.

Gladly. Though, I must warn you: you might find it a little difficult to defend the Rs and especially their lawyers afterwards.

Here goes: in mid-1997, Craig Lewis, the GLOBE news editor--if you could call him that--hatched a scheme to buy a copy of the ransom note. The plan was to offer Don Vacca, a Ramsey-hired handwriting expert, a sum of money in exchange for a copy. He hired a local attorney named Thomas Miller (hereafter known as Tom Miller) under false pretenses and put his plan into action. The meeting went down, Lewis made his offer, and Vacca rejected it. Vacca went to the authorities and demanded action, but the Jefferson County DA blew it off. I'm not really sure why; maybe they figured it wasn't worth pursuing.

Well, by the end of that year, Miller, who was also a handwriting expert well-respected in the Colorado court system, got the materials legit and made his conclusion as to who wrote it: Patsy Ramsey.

Here's where it gets interesting. Eventually, word leaked up to Hal Haddon, the senior partner in Haddon, Forman and Morgan, the Ramseys' lawyers. Haddon was friends with Dave Thomas, the Jefferson County DA, and apparently called in a favor. The favor was that, after two full years of the JC DA saying that it wasn't worth pursuing, Lewis and Miller were arrested and charged with commercial bribery, with Lewis getting slapped with extortion to boot.

Miller was puzzled as to why he got hauled in on this beef. It soon became apparent that HE was the real target all along, not Lewis. He saw the handwriting on the wall when he saw how different the plea deals that they were offered were. Lewis got the offer that Fang posted: if the GLOBE agreed to make a donation of $100,000 to the University of Colorado, Boulder journalism school, he'd be free and clear. The donation was made, and Craig Lewis walked free that very day.

Miller's offer was substantially different. No self-respecting man could accept the terms of the deal he was offered. The deal was that Miller would go free IF he voluntarily gave up his law license and personally repudiated his own handwriting credentials. He told them to stuff their deal.

So, he went to trial. During the trial, his lawyer called to the witness stand a man named David Williams. David Williams was a private investigator employed by Hal Haddon's law firm. Williams admitted on the witness stand that he and several other private investigators had been ordered by Hal Haddon himself to find "dirt" on Miller, something that would bring his credibility as a handwriting expert into question.

Why did they do this? Well, according to Williams, Haddon was afraid that Miller might be called to testify against Patsy Ramsey if the Rs were ever brought to trial. So, Williams and the others were dispatched to pry into his private and professional life, searching for any kind of professional breach of ethics or illegal act, anything that could be used to give a jury reason not to believe him. When they couldn't find one, they decided to MAKE one. Thus, the request to Dave Thomas to bring charges against him. It was a despicable instance of the political cronyism that ruined this case.

When it was all said and done, it took the jury less than one hour of deliberations to set Miller free. SOME justice prevailed, I guess.

Standard legal tactics you attacked once already unsuccessfully.

Well, I don't expect anyone's putting a gun to your head and making you do it. You can do whatever you want. Go Free!!!!!

Oh the pain. How does he do it?

Now, the Ramsey's on the other hand, what did they go through? Nothing. Know why? They dissociated together. Yes. First time in recorded history. It was wild stuff. The couple just happened to slip into total psychologically induced dissociation simultaneously as the result of a symbiotic stress related murder caper.

Oh the pain. How does he do it?

Now, the Ramsey's on the other hand, what did they go through? Nothing. Know why?

Well RDI has established that it wasn't because they were clever.

They dissociated together. Yes. First time in recorded history. It was wild stuff. The couple just happened to slip into total psychologically induced dissociation simultaneously as the result of a symbiotic stress related murder caper.

Nope, not clever at all, just damned luck that's what it was. Lucky dumb SomthinOrBothers. Even played golf at the funeral.

Standard legal tactics you attacked once already unsuccessfully.

Are you honestly telling me that it's standard practice to have your buddies try to sabotage potential witnesses? Or to try to strong-arm someone into admitting to something he didn't do? Or trying to send him to prison for a crime he didn't commit when he won't dance to your tune? I find that most hard to believe.

Tactics like that NEED to be attacked.

Now, the Ramsey's on the other hand, what did they go through? Nothing. Know why? They dissociated together. Yes. First time in recorded history. It was wild stuff. The couple just happened to slip into total psychologically induced dissociation simultaneously as the result of a symbiotic stress related murder caper.

Will you cut it out. If you don't know what I mean, just SAY so.

MurriFlower said:
Nope, not clever at all, just damned luck that's what it was. Lucky dumb SomthinOrBothers. Even played golf at the funeral.

Now I know how Dr. Seward felt.

Let's see. You are an expert on psych disorders, legal procedures, crime scene analysis, media coverage, religious intervention through Hail Mary's, personal suffering from the tragedy of believing people were capable of doing such terrible things to children, and an author? Among other things?

Is there any thing you don't know?

give me a break

Will you cut it out. If you don't know what I mean, just SAY so.

What are you hollering? I know exactly what you are saying. They both suffered from the instantaneous, simultaneous inability to recall they just murdered their daughter and staged her death to preserve her role in history as the second coming of Marilyn Monroe. (Based on your diagnosis of Dissociation.)

You are running out of room, rabbit.

Are you honestly telling me that it's standard practice to have your buddies try to sabotage potential witnesses? Or to try to strong-arm someone into admitting to something he didn't do? Or trying to send him to prison for a crime he didn't commit when he won't dance to your tune? I find that most hard to believe.

Tactics like that NEED to be attacked.

You mean like your tactics with your relentless pursuit of ridiculous guesses about the R's? Something like those?

This case HURTS. It hurts me every damn day. It hurts me to think of what could have been. It hurts even more to be reminded of what DID happen, a pain...

Oh please. The agony!

This I agree with 100%. These were a couple of sleazebags who took it upon themselves to pry into the case and got caught.

Fang, if you knew the story behind that, you'd freak.

Excuse me? Who said that?

"Who'd they ever give a break to?" Making the crime sensational for posterity. Buying their freedom. Remorseless, conniving, duplicitous, vain killers? Please, are you actually going to try to backtrack, again, and describe your anguish?

Not that I buy this theory, but does anyone give credence to the possibility that John Ramsey hired someone to kill Jonbenet?

The basis of this theory is that John wanted to do away with his family obligations.

With Patsy's cancer and Burke getting older. The only person that would hold hm down would be jonbenet.

By getting rid of Jon Benet and waiting for Patsy to die (or be jailed for jonbenet's murder) John would be a free man once Burke goes to college in a few years.

Kind of sounds like an Agatha Christie plot, huh?:angel:

What are you hollering? I know exactly what you are saying. They both suffered from the instantaneous, simultaneous inability to recall they just murdered their daughter and staged her death to preserve her role in history as the second coming of Marilyn Monroe. (Based on your diagnosis of Dissociation.)

You've just proven you don't know a thing about me. THAT's what I'm hollering about.

You are running out of room, rabbit.

Not a rabbit; a tiger.

You mean like your tactics with your relentless pursuit of ridiculous guesses about the R's? Something like those?

Very funny. No, I mean ruining a man's life to protect your clients. You want to talk about dirty legal tactics? Lack of ethics? Political cronyism? Three for one. Remember: a defense lawyer's duty is to his client, not to the truth.

Can't wait. Be careful not to overdue it.

Don't worry about me. The Rs and their supporters have used that list to show that they were cooperative, but if you actually look at it, you'll notice that 90% of it was what is called non-testimonial evidence. It's the kind of evidence that's not negotiable. Either you give it, or the police will get search warrants and force you to give it. That includes grand jury subpoenas. And I'd hardly call two interviews in two years, four months and eighteen months removed from the crime cooperative, especially considering all of the wheeling and dealing that went on to get THAT much.

Look, this is America. You have the right to not talk to the police. You don't have a right to LIE.

"Who'd they ever give a break to?" Making the crime sensational for posterity. Buying their freedom. Remorseless, conniving, duplicitous, vain killers? Please, are you actually going to try to backtrack, again, and describe your anguish?

No retreat, no surrender.

"SuperDave;5321685]You've just proven you don't know a thing about me. THAT's what I'm hollering about."

Who cares about you? Who wants to know anything about you? You didn't lose your child. You ponder, speculate and imagine unspeakable horrors about innocent people and plaster your guesses across the WWW. This isn't about you. Has nothing to do with you. You don't know what pain is compared to parents who have lost a child to murder, brutal murder.

No retreat, no surrender.

No evidence.

Not that I buy this theory, but does anyone give credence to the possibility that John Ramsey hired someone to kill Jonbenet?

The basis of this theory is that John wanted to do away with his family obligations.

With Patsy's cancer and Burke getting older. The only person that would hold hm down would be jonbenet.

By getting rid of Jon Benet and waiting for Patsy to die (or be jailed for jonbenet's murder) John would be a free man once Burke goes to college in a few years.

Kind of sounds like an Agatha Christie plot, huh?:angel:

Implausible to the point of being ridiculous. No way would JR have her killed to get her out of the way. Out if his way for what? Of all the theories (and I know it isn't yours, so please don't be offended) this is one of the most outlandish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member