Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I believe you've got it, s. finch.

Here's another one to add to the list:

http://www.wjactv.com/mostpopular/10188243/detail.html

NEW YORK -- A bitter husband with a shotgun hidden in his sweater sneaked up on his estranged wife as she was about to enter her new apartment Sunday.

As her new neighbors watched, the New York man shot his estranged wife in her head outside her apartment.

Witnesses said the man killed Karen Skellas while ignoring her screams for mercy. Neighbors said the husband, with his bleeding wife slumped at his feet, then shot himself in the face.

The couple had been in the process of getting a divorce. Skellas had lived in the apartment in Brooklyn for just a week.

and

Witnesses said they heard the 44-year-old woman screaming "No! No!" and then yelling in Greek while her husband, 48-year-old Ioannis Skellas, took aim at her head from inches away.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06309/735905-85.stm

Sunday, November 05, 2006

State police have identified a couple who died in apparent murder-suicide on Friday.

An autopsy determined that Tina M. Fluharty, 46, died of multiple gunshot wounds, police said Saturday. Ms. Fluharty was shot along with her father, William Bernadini, 70, and Trooper B.R. Henderson about noon Friday.

James P. Fluharty, 49, died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, police said. His body was found inside the couple's burned out home, which police believe James Fluharty set on fire.

Domestic Violence Led to Preston Murder-Suicide

snips from the article:

In September, witnesses say Steven Donald showed up at his wife's workplace in Richmond, Utah threatening to shoot her and himself. Deputies took him to Portneuf Medical Center in Pocatello for a mental evaluation.

and

But Annette Donald did not leave. Preston police told us today in this statement, three days before Christmas, she asked to that the protective order be lifted. The couple went on a Christmas vacation and when it went sour, Mrs. Donald told police she didn't want any more contact with her husband.

By then, it was too late. Yesterday, police say Steven Donald shot his wife to death in her apartment then shot himself while on the phone with police.

Domestic violence experts say abusers need years of therapy. It's not going to get better in a few weeks or even a couple months.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=758205

Sam Sheppard has been exonerated.

But here are some who truly are guilty:

Wayne Guidry Jr
killed gf Stephanie Pepper Sims

Jeff Krotine
killed wife Ramona

Jim Barton
killed wife Vickie

Dr. David Tipton
killed wife Karen

Prof. Thomas Murray
killed estranged wife Carmin

Jerry Jones Jr. thrice convicted of
killing wife Lee

John Maloney
killed wife Sandy

Robert Chambers
killed gf Jennifer Levin

Lewis Joyner
killed wife Ruby and her friend Halima Jones

Prof. Ed Sherman
killed pregnant wife Ellen

Christian Longo
killed his wife and three children

Jim Watson
killed wife Beverly

Patrick Bradford
killed gf Tammy Mohr

someone help me with the names of another case---
wife walks dogs in woods, mother finds her body, shot to death
husband convicted. "Marble man" finds the shell casings; husband gave wife's clothes to a coworker with a letter from the wife that he forged, it was called the "sweater letter" Can't remember the names!!
Oh, and he had tried to kill her previously with a cement block dropped from the roof but she survived!

And Rabbi Fred Neulander's name needs to be on the compiled list.

But what about the women who have killed their husbands? There are plenty of them too, but they usually get less harsh sentences.

There is one here in town that is about to go on trial for the most brutal and disgusting murder of her ex-husband that you could ever imagine. Larissa Schuster was a biochemist who owned a chemical lab. She broke into her ex's house, stunned him with a stun gun, chloroformed him, stuffed him head first into a drum, and poured hydrochloric acid on him WHILE HE WAS STILL ALIVE. After rigor set in, his feet popped open the drum, so she then sawed off his feet with a hacksaw so she could re-seal the drum.

Her accomplice has already been convicted of 1st degree murder, so there is no doubt she will also be convicted, and guess what?

THE D.A. IS NOT GOING FOR THE DEATH PENALTY! :banghead: :furious:

Ah, pepper--- it turns out that you started a thread on the very subject. I found it, bumped it up and added a few more names.

Adding...

Col. George Marecek
killed wife Viperat

Fortunately and amazingly the wife survived this assault...

Joseph McLaughlin had hitmen
run down his wife, Mary Ann, in a Boston garage

Richard Overton
killed wife Janet
a bigamist, he also poisoned previous wife Dorothy
with silenium but she survived.

Dan Willoughby
killed wife Trish
sent children into the house knowing they'd find their mother's body

son of Episcopal bishop
Stephen Beckham
killed wife Vicki Landers

Mark Lundy - murdered his wife, Christine and 7 year old daughter Amber using a tomahawk. He was away on a business trip for the weekend, called home in the early evening to say goodnight to his wife and daughter, then drove home at high speed in the dead of night to murder both of them, before returning to his motel room and hiring a hooker to spend the rest of the evening with.

Brian Schlaepfer - murdered his wife, three sons, daughter in law and grandson and finally himself in 1992. The only survivor was his 9 year old grand daughter, who survived by hiding in a wardrobe during the massacre.

In Idaho---- December 26, 2006

Alofa Time, 51 years old, entered a guilty plea to first-degree murder for the beheading of his wife Teresa Time.

Gozgals

Dr. Ken Taylor Book: In a child's name
Ronald Gene Simmons, killed his wife, several children, and even grandchildren
Book: Zero at the bone
Wayne Chaney Book: Prisoners of fear
Jonathan Nyce: Book: Never leave me
Rob Marshall Book: Blind Faith
Peter Bergna Book: Over the edge
Todd Garton Book: Kill or be killed
Ken Fitzhugh Book: Blood will tell
Robert Bierenbaum Book: The surgeons wife

Gozgals said:
In Idaho---- December 26, 2006

Alofa Time, 51 years old, entered a guilty plea to first-degree murder for the beheading of his wife Teresa Time.

Gozgals

Colin Thatcher, a Canadian MLA and former Cabinet Minister. He was however, just granted parole after serving 23 years for the murder of his wife, JoAnn.

White Rain said:
Dr. Ken Taylor Book: In a child's name
Ronald Gene Simmons, killed his wife, several children, and even grandchildren
Book: Zero at the bone
Wayne Chaney Book: Prisoners of fear
Jonathan Nyce: Book: Never leave me
Rob Marshall Book: Blind Faith
Peter Bergna Book: Over the edge
Todd Garton Book: Kill or be killed
Ken Fitzhugh Book: Blood will tell
Robert Bierenbaum Book: The surgeons wife

No need to apologize. Good additions, if that word can be used, and only one had I added, namely Rob Marshall. How did I forget Dr. Robert Bierenbaum whose wife disappeared in my very neighborhood?? I remember the MISSING flyers all over, back when those were unusual.

And Dr. Ken Taylor!! The dentist who beat his lovely wife, new mom Teressa, to death, cleaned up and dumped her body by a roadside in Pa.! He had their infant son in the car with the body!! He claimed in his trial that he caught her molesting the baby! This from a coke-fiend addicted to phone-*advertiser censored* and whose super-religious parents lied to the court in Indiana to fraudulently obtain custody of the baby who had been living with Teressa's sister and hubby on Staten Is. Peter Maas got involved and wrote an article, later the book. Ultimately justice prevailed. The baby went back to SI and Ken's butt is in prison and he was stripped of parental rights. Oh, and he had beaten an earlier wife. Scum.

Lisa, I haven't read the book about Dr. Robert Bierenbaum. Have you read the book and is it any good? I know nothing is good about murder but you know what I mean.

It was a quickie book but contained much I didn't know. Get it second hand like on ebay or abe or even Barnes & Nobles sells used books. It fills in the gaps.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState
Back