Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, that just means Rafaelle planned on having dinner at that time. Regardless, it still doesn't help your theory that she knew what time she would be eating.

You don't need to. I know the times and I know two things:

1. The call doesn't mention dinner

2. The sink had a problem of leaking in general. It was probably leaking anytime Raf used it for whatever amount of time. He could have been washing dishes to prepare to eat on.

But it doesn't matter. They claim they were at home all night. Stating they ate dinner at 10 or 11 doesn't change the notion that they were at home.

Because someone wakes up and plays with their computer early in the morning doesn't mean they got out of bed or didn't just go back to sleep. I see you also insinuate the phones being turned off as suspicious. Can you explain how turning off the phones plays into what has been established as a non-premeditated murder?

So he was going to eat his fresh fish dinner alone and Knox was going to have dinner at the cottage, but instead she decided to stay for dinner, but she didn't know when dinner was?

Dr Sollecito's testimony was a couple of hundred pages in length and has not been translated. The summary report concludes that dinner was before the leak.

The leak at 8:30 was so insignificant that instead of cleaning the water spill off the tiled floor in the kitchen, Knox went to the cottage to pick up the mop the following day at 10:30 AM.

There is nothing, no phone, computer, event, activity or visitor that can confirm the pair were at the apt at the time of the murder. A phone call from Dr Sollecito was picked up the following morning. Knox had a shower the following morning, again?? ... two showers in 12 hours but a water spill on the kitchen floor (one that requires a mop) is fine?

Hooligans might turn off their phones before getting into mischief. It is a second degree murder that happened after Knox and Sollecito had some more drugs and perhaps wine with dinner. Remember those early days when Knox couldn't remember what happened because she was on drugs that night ... she was confused

Yes Otto they were even the fact that she was sitting and watching a movie which allows for a different rate of digestion compared to when she was walking. They even finally got her correct body weight

So why, in terms of time of death according to stomach contents, is the shortest possible time selected for debate? There are several factors that would have delayed digestion including temperature in the cottage (cool), alcohol, lack of sleep.

Yes, those are the exact items. You emphasize different points, but the result remains the same. I'm not positive Vice-Captain Trotta knows that the file was closed without having to click it, but I'm not convinced it HAS to be either so I leave it at the 8:40pm mark as the 100% certainty point.

I think, though, your comment about "file sharing host" indicates some confusion on your part. The file was downloaded from itunes, but was in an internet sharing file ON his computer. In the rest of the report they discuss this at length, but having used the same program, the result is that you pre-download the movie, then you can watch it at your leisure from your own computer later. Therefore you are no longer downloading from anywhere else, thus not showing evidence of downloading with your service provider.

In fact, NOT in the Messai report, people who have defended Raffaelle said that the pop up that occured around midnight was perhaps in result to accessing a pre-downloaded movie file and refusing a pop-up to download anything else (as it was an auto-itunes popup). I don't understand that whole thing very well so I don't use it to establish with certanity that they are in fact home at that time.

IIRC it did do a program update as well they did not realize that there were 2 o/s on the computer and only looked at one of them

This was news to me:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...uZalzg?docId=4635430fbd6b4a6684f1953b2b269206

I wonder if some sort of action will be taken this time to prevent him from doing the same?

Yes, The law, as it applies to someone convicted in the court of first instance and under appeal, states that he does not have to speak. After his case is concluded, which it is, then he is required by law to answer all questions. He is required to answer questions regarding the prisoners lies. It will be interesting to see what other questions the prosecution and defense squeeze in.

It was a one second call. Therefore no conversation, and no way that Meredith could know that her mother was unable to take the call.

Her mother knows whether she was able to take that call and whether it would have gone to voice mail.

I just read the endless discussion about DNA in the Messai report. I don't think the knife is admissable as evidence. The whole below RFU 50, and ignoring certain peaks in favor of others convinces me. i.e. the amount tested is below what is considered a reliable amount to be tested, the results are below the minimum threshold in consideration of "noise" marring the result, and the results are indicitive of cherry picking to make the dna match the desired result (choosing to ignore specific allelles over others.)

My word, reading through was tedious.

That being said, I'm not sure the bra clasp can be ruled contaminated. Though there is some evidence of cherry picking the desired result (certain allelles not considered as part of the profile). THe explanations are so dense, I will need to re-read them fresh.

If you look at some of the results posted the machine settings were set to 83 instead of the regular 2000 which would be normal. As well the items were tested in a regular DNA setting rather than an LCN DNA setting in which the controls such as ventilation etc are exceedingly stringent. If the reports comming out are stating that there were less that 10 picograms of biological material on the knife I cannot understand how Stephanoni even got these results. We then find out that she used methods of LCN DNA testing that have never been done before or written up scientifically. It now appears contrary to her testimony of there being an abundance of DNA on the bra clasp that it was LCN DNA levels. That means again that these items were tested in a regular DNA lab without the controls required as even 1 picogram extra would change the results. No negative controls were done. There are also profiles on the bra clasp of which they cannot identify. The list is very long and varied as to the DNA testing issues

This is my very very short list of issues with the testing. I would have you reading forever on my long list :giggle:

Yep, and after agreeing to cook, one of them could have said, "Oh, but not in this dirty kitchen," and they started washing dishes and the leak happened. Then the father called. The friend might have stopped by as RS was cleaning himself up from the water spill because I read somewhere that he was in the bathroom and AK talked to the friend.

And about that water spill and the mop, I did a lot of reading of articles on the case going back to day one. I did it last night, and i saw nothing about the mop bucket up till the time of RG's arrest. Granted, I couldn't possibily read EVERYTHING, but a lot of the papers repeated each other's information, too, so I thought that was strange.

Being single RS may of needed to wash dishes prior to the cooking of the meal as well in order to have plates and utensils needed to both cook and eat with

IIRC it did do a program update as well they did not realize that there were 2 o/s on the computer and only looked at one of them

Why would investigators only look at one of the drives?

If you look at some of the results posted the machine settings were set to 83 instead of the regular 2000 which would be normal. As well the items were tested in a regular DNA setting rather than an LCN DNA setting in which the controls such as ventilation etc are exceedingly stringent. If the reports comming out are stating that there were less that 10 picograms of biological material on the knife I cannot understand how Stephanoni even got these results. We then find out that she used methods of LCN DNA testing that have never been done before or written up scientifically. It now appears contrary to her testimony of there being an abundance of DNA on the bra clasp that it was LCN DNA levels. That means again that these items were tested in a regular DNA lab without the controls required as even 1 picogram extra would change the results. No negative controls were done. There are also profiles on the bra clasp of which they cannot identify. The list is very long and varied as to the DNA testing issues

This is my very very short list of issues with the testing. I would have you reading forever on my long list :giggle:

What is the machine normally set to for LNC DNA? Is 2000 for regular DNA?

"The only problem with Alessi is the fact that he is one of Italy’s most notorious murderers himself, convicted for the 2006 kidnapping and murder of a two-year-old boy. The lawyer representing the Kercher family Francesco Maresca held up a photo of the child and asked Alessi, “Do you know who this is?” “No,” Alessi replied, looking away. “That’s ok, we know who he is,” replied Maresca."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/06/18/amanda-knox-appeal-can-prison-gossip-free-her.html

"Alessi's testimony was interrupted and the hearing briefly suspended when prosecutors reminded the court that the witness was being investigated for false testimony."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/...da-knox-innocent/story-fn6ck55c-1226077825180

Yup the 19th person charged. I wonder when it will stop or what the final tally will be

I do think that since RG is now coming there as a witness, it is crucial to question him as the ONLY witness to the murder. So I additionally want to ask him:

1. What kind of knife was it? How many knives did you see in the assailant's hand?

2. Was the assailant bloody? Did he leave with the knife?

3. How did he get the money? Did you see him go in the drawer or the purse for the money? (why would RS, whose family is well off, steal 250 from MK? I know, Objection, calls for speculation.) Well, the money was already gone from the drawer according to you, so I guess you saw him go in the purse and leave your bloody fingerprints?

4. Did the assailant run off or get in a car?

5. Did you see the tow truck on the street?

6. How long do you think you were in the cottage before you left MK without bothering to call for help? Did you see the assailants also run off with her phones?

7. Who locked MK in her room?

8. How exactly did the argument escalate to the point of murder while you listened to three songs on the ipod?

9. What time did all this occur? was it 920 to 930pm as you previously stated?

10. Did you go to the other bathroom to rinse your hands after assisting MK?

11. How did a bloody barefoot print get on the bathroom rug if the assailants stabbed her and ran out?

12. You say you saw AK fleeing? did she have the mop bucket? or just the mop?

13. Who opened LM's underwear drawer to go through her stuff?

14. Did you search AK's room and just happened to close all the drawers so we don't know you actually went in there?

15. Did you have some mushrooms on you that night?

It will be interesting to see what the judge allows or does not allow. Still waiting more for the DNA results though from the experts

about the blood on the window, Nova,

I'm looking for a backup for what this article states, but so far, I have just this picture:

436054ce3e096c4a43.jpg

Someone claiming that this could be blood on the left, smudges scuffs, and a place where ANOTHER nail actually did fall out during RG's climb. Honestly I just see the blood looking smudge on the left. you tell me.I suppose if RG cut himself, he could have touched the wall right there. It's just below the sill. his hand hand received the cuts. This stuff, I dno't know about. Just looking for whatever proves or disproves that statement in the earlier article about blood on the window.

Of course nothing here was forensically analyzed/tested

It will be interesting to see what the judge allows or does not allow. Still waiting more for the DNA results though from the experts

I doubt he's going to reverse his decision regarding appeal items that have already been denied. He has left the door open to consider additional evidence, with Guede's testimony being one piece of additional evidence. New evidence is apparently allowed - another point that is significantly different from appeal in the US.

Of course nothing here was forensically analyzed/tested

It was tested. I posted a link upthread to the report ... there were two pieces of window evidence that appeared to have haematic substance, but testing proved that it was not blood.

bbm
I believe he was given a deal .. in exchange for a reduced sentence.

the reduced sentence had nothing to do with the fast-track..
I feel pretty confident making this claim (and in the past, cited several sources to back it up)

I know this isn't popular w/ everyone (I'm still open) but no one has proven otherwise

There is no provision in Italian law to give deals.

I would be very interested in any law reference (English or Italian language article) suggesting that deals and plea bargaining is included in Italian law and accepted by defense lawyers, prosecution and Judges.

getting ready for a "ferocious cross-examination" sounds encouraging..
I wonder what Maori means by "though it may not be needed"

It may also not be allowed - as there are limits on the range of questions permitted in the context of refuting the prisoners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee