Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was tested. I posted a link upthread to the report ... there were two pieces of window evidence that appeared to have haematic substance, but testing proved that it was not blood.

Nothing was tested on the wall or below the window on the ground

There is no provision in Italian law to give deals.

I would be very interested in any law reference (English or Italian language article) suggesting that deals and plea bargaining is included in Italian law and accepted by defense lawyers, prosecution and Judges.

I cited one a long time ago - they make deals with informants (usually mobster types)
but if a loophole was needed, I'm sure Mignini found one

There is no provision in Italian law to give deals.

I would be very interested in any law reference (English or Italian language article) suggesting that deals and plea bargaining is included in Italian law and accepted by defense lawyers, prosecution and Judges.

That is what has been said I do not believe it though and thanks to Miley's research it confirmed my belief

I doubt he's going to reverse his decision regarding appeal items that have already been denied. He has left the door open to consider additional evidence, with Guede's testimony being one piece of additional evidence. New evidence is apparently allowed - another point that is significantly different from appeal in the US.

He has not denied them, he has reserved his right to revisit various items. I don't believe he will do everything as much has already been testified to. As explained before, they can rule the same on an issue or differently than that trial of the first instance. I would suspect that he has already formulated opinions on some things already but he has left the door open. SV, Malkmus etc have all tried to explain this system

That is what has been said I do not believe it though and thanks to Miley's research it confirmed my belief

and it was Walter/Valter Biscotti who said a deal was made - as a matter of fact, he was saying Rudy was going to get completely off and I believe Rudy was banking on it.

remember, Rudy wasn't happy with the reduced sentence, he was ticked...
almost like he had been screwed - just my impression though.

Nothing was tested on the wall or below the window on the ground

There was no glass on the ground below the window to test. The area was examined and there are photos of forensic examiners photographing and gathering evidence. The grass below the window was not trampled and all the broken glass was found either neatly laying on the windowsill or on the clothes that were strewn on the floor.

Sure, but the surrounding area was tested and glass on the floor near the window had a mix of Knox and Meredith DNA. The point was whether there was blood on the window pane because Rudy could have cut himself after he could have scaled the wall and entered through the shuttered window. He did have a cut, but I think was attributed to his knife. His blood was not found on the windowpane or frame.

Edda is in Perugia ... off for the summer! Her court date is July 4.

and it was Walter/Valter Biscotti who said a deal was made - as a matter of fact, he was saying Rudy was going to get completely off and I believe Rudy was banking on it.

remember, Rudy wasn't happy with the reduced sentence, he was ticked...
almost like he had been screwed - just my impression though.

Knox and Sollecito were ticked about their sentences too. They're donig exactly what Guede did ... work it through the system and hope for the best.

Like Amanda, after the interrogation of November 5th Rafaelle went back to claiming that Amanda and he were at his place all night - that she never left.

yeah and I think during interrogations they were trying hard to play them against each other...

I believe Guede is unpredictable and Mignini is dabbing sweat from his brow as we speak.

I believe Guede is unpredictable and Mignini is dabbing sweat from his brow as we speak.

I think all parties are dabbing sweat off their brow for now.

The trial regarding Dr Sollecito's decision to release video of the crime scene of Meredith Kercher has been postponed.

Rudy testified that he did not speak to Alessi regarding the Meredith's murder.
Strike one for the defense.

A letter is introduced and Rudy is asked whether he recognizes the signature. His lawyer steps forward to assist. The courtroom drama begins ... will it be a circus? I sure hope not ... for Meredith's sake. I hope that no one will turn the courtroom into what we saw last week with convicted child murderers speaking on behalf of the defendants during appeal.

Rudy is given the right to not answer questions.

Not looking good for the convicted pair ... Guede is giving consistent answers; answers consistent with those he gave once he accepted his fate.

Knox's Fellow Accused Says She Is GuiltyNick Pisa, in Perugia
A key witness in the appeal by Amanda Knox has told a court in Italy that she did kill British student Meredith Kercher.In a letter read out to the court as he sat in the witness box, he said: "This splendid, marvellous girl was killed by Raffaele Sollecito and Amanda Knox."
Knox said she was ''shocked and anguished'' that she had been identified as Meredith's murderer.
The 23-year-old spoke out as her appeal trial resumed with testimony from Guede, 24, who is serving 16 years for the murder and sexual assault of Meredith, 21.
Her voice trembling with emotion she added that the Ivory Coast drifter knew she and Sollecito were innocent of the brutal killing in which Meredith had her throat slashed.
16019692.jpg

mediaManager

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Meredith-Kercher-Murder-Amanda-Knox-Is-Guilty-Says-Rudy-Guede-During-Appeal-In-Perugia/Article/201106416019661?lpos=World_News_First_World_News_Article_Teaser_Region_3&lid=ARTICLE_16019661_Meredith_Kercher_Murder%3A_Amanda_Knox_Is_Guilty_Says_Rudy_Guede_During_Appeal_In_Perugia

After Guede had finished his testimony Knox stood up and said: "The first time that Rudy Guede, Raffaele and I were all together in the same space was in a court room.
"We have never been in contact. I am shocked and anguished, truly by what he says.

"He knows that we were not there, he knows that we have nothing to do with this.
"I don't know what happened that night. It's a shame I cannot say to him mistakes are corrected by telling the truth."
Sollecito was also granted permission to speak and said: "Guede has never seen me before in his life, not even fleetingly. I don't know how he can say I was with Amanda Knox.
"The reality is that Amanda and I are in this situation for nearly four years, we are fighting suppositions and our lives have been destroyed in an absurd manner."
Sollecito also referred to a Skype conversation that Guede had made to a friend while he was on the run in Germany in which he told him that "Amanda and Raffaele had nothing to do with this".

Amanda Knox Tells Italian Court She Is 'Shocked' By Accuser's Accusation
http://abcnews.go.com/International/amanda-knox-shocked-rudy-guede-implicates-murder/story?id=13936041

5011231.bin

Amanda Knox Tells Italian Court She Is Shocked

"I am shocked and anxious by these declarations....he knows we weren't there," she told the court.

Knox said she was sorry she couldn't say it to him in court today, "that he should say the truth first."

Sollecito also spoke to the court.

"I've never seen him, don't know him. ...don't know how he indicates me with Amanda Knox," Sollecito said. He said that he and Knox have been fighting "these shadows" for four years.

Guede has "destroyed our lives," Sollecito said and asked, "What position am I meant to defend if this boy doesn't answer (questions)?"
:razz::razz::razz::razz::razz::razz::razz:

getting ready for a "ferocious cross-examination" sounds encouraging..
I wonder what Maori means by "though it may not be needed"

Yeah, "sounded" good, but I don't know what the heck happened in court today.:waitasec::maddening:

Oh well, I'm disappointed. Not by what RG said, but by the fact that obviously NO ONE followed up with a rigorous cross examination.

I dn't understand that, seeing as he should have been asked sentence by sentence to explain what happened that night, and he should have been questioned on the veracity of each statement that came out of his mouth in reply.

Correct. I think Otto may have misunderstood the circumstances to be that Meredith didn't call her mother back after her mother tried to call her or something like that. The fact is Meredith made two back to back aborted calls. One to her mother and to her bank, without completing either one. Why would she make two incomplete calls and was it even her that made them.

This is not my undstanding of the calls. I understand

856pm--aborted call to mother
948?pm--attempt to bank
1000pm attempt to voicemail

Those time might not be right to the very minute, but my point is, I thought there was an hour between the first aborted call and the next two aborted calls.

Oh well, I'm disappointed. Not by what RG said, but by the fact that obviously NO ONE followed up with a rigorous cross examination.

I dn't understand that, seeing as he should have been asked sentence by sentence to explain what happened that night, and he should have been questioned on the veracity of each statement that came out of his mouth in reply.
Right, it was a total waste. He did not even need to appear. All he said has been said before, and the Judge and jury already knew he did not corroborate inmates' testimony. Just a big nothing. Defense did not even bother attacking him.

And from Huffington Post:
Rudy Hermann Guede: Amanda Knox And Ex-Boyfriend Are The Killers

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/27/rudy-hermann-guede-amanda-knox-testimony_n_885005.html
Why did everyone who is pro-Knox act as though getting Guede on the stand was a good thing???:maddening:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member